TWLoader permanent white screen

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by newyorkampharos, Jul 19, 2017.

1. newyorkampharos
    OP

newyorkampharos Member

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2017
    United States
    So, I recently discovered TWLoader and I was trying to use it to play pokemon pearl, a game that I literally cannot find anywhere in stores within a 10 mile radius. I installed it onto my sd card, and installed the cia and the side. (not part 2). I downloaded a randomized pearl rom (regular didn't work either) along with the donor rom (mario kart), but when i load it, it is still stuck on the white screen. I saw that this was a common problem and tried a couple of times, but it stays permanently on the white screen. What can I do to fix this?

EDIT: here's the solution: make sure you have the donor rom downloaded, then press select over the donor and set it as the donor. voila

Last edited by newyorkampharos, Jul 20, 2017
  2. petethepug

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    I have had the same problems with using TWLoader on my 3ds and from my exciperence the application works however its not that compatible with ds games in its current state, either the games fail to start up and have a permenat white screen, crash at some point, or work but with very low fps.

All you can really do is buy a flashcard that works with a 3ds and supports Nintendo ds emulation. I would recommend buying an r4i rts gold card since its the latest card and it supports real time saves, but there are cheaper options made for the card if you don't care about the rts feature. Also I might want to note, the majority of these flashcards are made in china or japan and most have to be ordered/shipped to other countries so... if you find a nearby local seller I would highly recommend buying their card, if you don't want to pay for shipping and wait a long time to have your order get from point a to b.

3. Robz8

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    What region is your Pokemon Pearl ROM?
    Also, make sure bootstrap is up-to-date, and the ROM takes 15-30 seconds to start.

newyorkampharos likes this.
  4. newyorkampharos
    OP

newyorkampharos Member

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2017
    United States
    I am currently redownloading a usa pearl rom, but how do I check that bootstrap is up to date?

5. Robz8

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    Check the version (blue/green text) on the bottom left of the top screen.

6. newyorkampharos
    OP

newyorkampharos Member

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2017
    United States
    ok, the main thing was me being dumb lol. I reset mario kart as the donor, and pokemon pearl worked perfectly. i know that it would have some lag with new scripts, but the game blacked out and played a screeching sound after i defeated the starly, and the second time trying, it froze when i was walking out the door after the mother tells you not to go into tall grass.

7. Namesnipe

Namesnipe Member

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2016
    United States
    Wait, I can play FULL Pokemon Pearl on TWLoader now just with a Mario Kart cartridge? Holy shit.

8. newyorkampharos
    OP

newyorkampharos Member

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2017
    United States
    Yep, and randomized files work too which is a m a z i n g. I haven't tried those two files since they crashed, but I guess I would just recommend saving constantly in the beginning.