Hacking Twilight Princess doesn't work

erock1572

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So a while back I had the hombrew channel up and running. I deleted it after I had to update to 3.4 so i could access DLC. Now i would like to re-install the homebrew channel, but once I either load a game or start a new game with Twilight Princess, my Wii says "Wii couldn't read disc. Please refer to operations manual" Any help would be nice.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe your disc is scratchy?

They didn't block the freakin' game from loading, they just blocked the TP Hack from working on System Menu 4.0

mastergatuno

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't know what it is. I also have a modchip. I burned Zelda TP so I can install Twillight Hack, but my game isn't read. It's 3.4U. Maybe the ISO was trucha signed and I don't know. I wasted 3 DvDs with it. Now I'm downloading a new Iso.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Bladexdsl said:
if you have a chip you don't need the tp hack!

Really? How to run anything on a 3.4 Wii that is not from ninendo without tp hack first? As you know homebrew discs don't work on 3.4.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
estebanchaidez said:
well, there are quite a lot of good things that the homebrew channel can do other than loading backups, or am i mistaken?

Yes of course but:
QUOTE(Bladexdsl @ Apr 2 2009, 02:20 AM) if you have a chip you don't need the tp hack!

3.4 firmware + no HBC + no other homebrew or cIOS installed + chip = you still need the tp hack to run ANY code that is not from nintendo
(exception is the new hack which might change that if it's real)

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
QUOTE said:
they blocked it in 3.4 - 4.0 you need to downgrade to install the hbc.

wrong, Twilight hack still works on 3.4

everything you need is here: http://hbc.hackmii.com/download/

you need to use 0.1beta2, not beta1

QUOTESo a while back I had the hombrew channel up and running. I deleted it after I had to update to 3.4 so i could access DLC. Now i would like to re-install the homebrew channel, but once I either load a game or start a new game with Twilight Princess, my Wii says "Wii couldn't read disc. Please refer to operations manual" Any help would be nice.

this is a problem with loading a backup, not a problem with TP hack and won't happen if you had the original game
maybe it's the region of the backup

D

Deleted User

estebanchaidez said:
Oh, i just thought of something, in case you haven't tried this. Try formatting your Wii. It might work.

For whatever reason would it work?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them