TVDS Question

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Kirbs, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Kirbs
    OP

Kirbs GBAtemp Fan

Jan 12, 2015
    United States
    If Smea's TVDS can be used with pkhex, could marc_max's Animal Crossing New Leaf RAM editor also be used with TVDS?

2. Pecrow

Pecrow GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 23, 2015
    United States
    Maybe should of added "might work w/ new leaf? " in the tittle, might catch some extra pair of eyes.

3. Rioluwott

Rioluwott GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 23, 2014
    Mexico
    I think that is a Save editor like Savedatafiler if something can be used with savedatafiler it caan be used with TVDS

4. WulfyStylez

WulfyStylez SALT/Bemani Princess

Nov 3, 2013
    United States
    Yes, with my tool I released a couple of days ago. His editor needs a minor adjustment to account for proper savegames, but I'm sure he'll get right on that. Hopefully TVDS will finally push people to make more non-browser-based ACNL tools, as well.

5. KaleoOmega

KaleoOmega I just don't know what to do with myself...

Apr 17, 2013
    Brazil
    Wonder if TVDS will allow to edit Pokémon Shuffle saves too, like with SaveDataFiler.

This one, and Fire Emblem Awakening, are the two games that I'm more interested into data edit.

6. Rioluwott

Feb 23, 2014
    Mexico
    I think that it will works but maybe smea do something because he doesn´t allow piracy

7. Ericjwg

Ericjwg Good

Jul 2, 2015
    Canada
    same! waiting to test TVDS

8. Rioluwott

Feb 23, 2014
    Mexico
    i want to transfer my pokemon rumble world save to my emunand

9. Kirbs
    OP

Kirbs GBAtemp Fan

Jan 12, 2015
    United States
    I requested a title change. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Except Smea used PKHEX which requires qr code reading which the N3DS does not support. But in the photo he uploaded, he used PKHEX with a N3DS.
    I hope he'll get to change his editor as soon as possible to allow this.
    If PKHEX can be used, I guess Pokemon shuffle and other ram based hacks can also be used. Let's hope that will be the case.

Last edited by Kirbs, Aug 8, 2015
  10. WulfyStylez

WulfyStylez SALT/Bemani Princess

Nov 3, 2013
    United States
    Assuming it's a drop-in replacement for SaveDataFiler (which it seems to be by all accounts), nearly any ram-based hack can ultimately be backported to be save-based. Most existing tools (including PKHeX) can be easily ported to work with savegames.
    Saves generally require you to deal with checksums, but they're a lot more versatile once you've handled that.

11. Rioluwott

Feb 23, 2014
    Mexico
    No it don´t only for fast injecting and it only inject 1 pokemon with savedatafiler you can edit your full save even lenguage

12. Kirbs
    OP

Kirbs GBAtemp Fan

Jan 12, 2015
    United States
    It would be awesome if the creators of all the editors would begin to port them to work with savegames. Especially since you say it's easy to port.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

But, isn't a Modified Cyber Save Editor required to do that without qr codes?