TV shows you no longer watch

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by FAST6191, Jan 29, 2009.

Jan 29, 2009

TV shows you no longer watch by FAST6191 at 9:57 PM (1,691 Views / 0 Likes) 24 replies

1. FAST6191
    OP

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    We have threads on TV shows, films, anime, cartoons, music and much more but as far as I know none on this so I thought I would make it. If a film series or similar is also worth mentioning here go for it.

My list will likely be populated by US and UK shows as I do not watch much other than miniseries from other countries. As far as anime is concerned I have no time for the never ending shows (bleach, one piece and whatever else) so they do not feature in this for me.

Crime shows. I really like crime shows but having now finished The Wire (a note to fans: find the series 4-5 interludes showing various characters coming up) most seem trivial in comparison.
    Still.

CSI: all versions, I thought the original might hold out and I never cared for new york. I struggle to watch a repeat.

Law and order: all versions, no idea why I stopped watching this but I simply lost interest. Good news is I can still watch the repeats of early episodes.

Discovery. Prototype this, I quite liked the idea and one or two episodes but I could not stand the editing (previews and what is coming up annoy me) and some of the mistakes made were painful to watch.

Stargate. I lied, I finished it but I regret doing so. The last few series of both bored me and every episode reminded me of this family guy sketch: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WJn9Wqm2Ryk

The Sopranos. I started around series 2 and continued for a while but did not pick it back up when I got the opportunity.

Prison Break: I watched the first two series after they aired but never picked up the later ones. I am not inclined to follow reviews all that much but have been met with overwhelming indifference I am not inclined to try and find them.

Gasaraki- anime. Depressingly boring and convoluted (not in a good way) in the end. I usually like something with a bit of depth but I could not take this.

Blood+- anime. Stuck it out for 12 or so episodes before I gave up. Many have joked about stuff like Dragon Ball Z taking 10 episodes for a 3 minute fight and this would have to be the "horror" equivalent for me.

My anime list could go on but I will cut it off there or I will be here all night (suffice it to say I can only take anime set school for a very short time (preferably as an arc or as an incidental location) and it seems to be a dominant theme in most I get suggested).

Spooks (mi-5 in the US), the first series or so I really liked but later ones have cycled the cast too much and for a science/tech based show they show a surprising lack of knowledge "I was monitoring the 510nm* spectrum" (also known as green light). The less said about the spin off the better.
    *may not be an accurate quote but that was the idea.

24. I consider this show the crisps/chips of TV shows, you know there is better stuff out there but while enjoying it you could not care less. I watched series 4 first and then watches 1-3 and 5. Could not face any more as it went the same way as spooks for me.

2. War

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Digimon - Went downhill after season 3.

Pokemon - Went downhill after Johto.

3. Ferrariman

Member Ferrariman Hip-Flop and cRap

Canada
    The Office.

4. dewp

Newcomer dewp Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    heroes, watched it up until the first half of season 2.

It got so stupid that i just couldn't be botherd to watch it anymore

5. DarkLG

Member DarkLG Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!

United States
    American idol stopped after the first season and also Smallville stopped after the 3rd season.

6. Advi

Member Advi GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    All of those game-based cartoons suck now.

Also Family Guy is starting to get old.

7. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    south park, after the 3rd season
    the show isnt funny anymore and its just plain disgusting now (the humor they try to use)

8. Advi

Member Advi GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    YES!!!!

9. Nocturnius

Member Nocturnius GBAtemp Regular

United States
    anything related to G4 except the ninja warrior they show on it
    Grey's Anatomy
    Scrubs
    Heroes
    Lost
    umm. i stopped watching tv a long time ago. i only watch nba games on it lol.

10. ball2012003

ball2012003 Newbie

americas home funniest videos
    the videos stopped being funny

11. Hop2089

Member Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    Pokemon- I didn't like it after the Hoenn region

Dancing With The Stars- The excitement faded

Naruto- Too many filler episodes

Survivor- Please make the fail stop completely (The first and second seasons were good though)

Just about everything mainstream primetime on the main networks (bland and unoriginal)

12. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    Stopped at bleach 64 or somethng. Couldn't take more than the first arc.

13. Hehe Moo

Member Hehe Moo Moo?

Australia
    Over here we have Australia's Funniest Home Videos Show.... and it stopped being funny because someone falls over or gets seriously injured in EVERY SINGLE clip... I mean, how many times can you laugh at someone falling over?

14. R2DJ

Member R2DJ GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Shows I don't watch because they suck now

Spongebob Squarepants - lost its prime. Some of the kids I know think it's still cool but they don't know the olden days. I miss it so much.
    24 - Yup. Got boring for me.
    American Idol - the last season I remember where I watched all episodes was the season after William Hung. I looked again at the last season and I don't even see a likability in any of the final 12. Sheesh!
    Pokemon - newer Pokemon are stupid and cheap rip-offs. I still prefer Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal and the TV show based on ONLY the 251 Pokemon.
    Digimon - stopped at Frontier. Didn't seem to like it. I liked Tamers though.
    The Simpsons - nah I'm joking. Who would?
    Heroes - Season 3 = MEH.
    WWE - it got interesting as of late but I took it off of my Sky TV package because it's merely worth watching. Savd me £25 on our monthly bills.

15. jesuschristmonke

Member jesuschristmonke GBAtemp Regular

United States
  16. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    I used to watch Xplay until they stopped talking about video games and became some sort of weird late night show. I watched it when it was first called Extended Play and before they got that bitch Morgan Webb or any other annoying support people.

And I can say that for the entire G4 channel. I watched it before it merged with Tech TV, and then it started sucking after the merge.

I really don't watch TV at all anymore. I don't have any money to afford cable/satellite, and am stuck with the locals.

I'll also mention that I used to watch a bunch of really old cartoons like Scooby Doo, but I can't even stand the corny humor anymore. The laugh track is also something I never payed heed to as a child, but now it destroys it for me.

17. Sharpz

Member Sharpz GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I don't watch King of the Hill anymore.(I wonder why I stopped) and Mythbusters.(no new seasons so yeah...)

18. Zarkz

Member Zarkz GBAtemp Fan

United States
    many many times!
    Digimon: I actually watched 4th season, then 5th came out last yr, 5 yrs after the 4th!, and it got boring.
    Pokemon: Ask needs to stop fucking arond the towns and get the damn badges
    yugioh:how many times can u watch a guy win a card game?
    Naruto(DUB): too many fillers, Naruto's voice was like AIDS, subs are awesome though

19. dinofan01

Member dinofan01 Misses the old days...

United States
    Too many shows to count. Uhh.. I guess pokemon, anything on G4, all the disney channel and nickeloden shows of the past... I cant think of any more. We've all been watching tv for years. To make a real list would be impossible....lets try it!

20. Anakir

Member Anakir Project: Melee

Canada
    The Simpsons. I guess it got replaced by family guy or my sense of humour has changed.

Any anime. I just lost interest in all animes.