Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay, tempers, I need your help.

The problem; My parents recently ordered Uverse TV, but only bought 1 receiver. We have it set up in the living room. So, in other words, only one show can be watched at a time. Which means every day, they fight and bicker for control of the remote control. (My mom will say, "I need to watch 'Housewives of Orange County'!!!" Followed by my dad yelling, "NO! Please! I have to see the basketball game tonight!")They refuse to buy/rent another receiver for the other TV in the den, and they WILL NOT watch anything recorded, so those options won't work.

What I need for a solution; Something that can act as a receiver for AT&T Uverse TV. I know the Xbox 360 can be hooked up as a pseudo receiver, but I wanted to know, does anything else have the ability to do that? (Like a Roku, Apple TV, Wii, etc.)

Tldr; Have only one Uverse TV receiver. Need a way to use a video game console/Roku/Apple TV/etc. as a second TV revciever.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, you must buy/rent a second receiver from AT&T.

See unlike cable (Comcast, Times Warner, etc) or antenna TV there is no standardized standard when it comes to IPTV. Hence there isn't something like CableCARD tuner or ATSC tuner where you can watch TV show from a computer.

It is either a second receiver or watching your parents scream everyday.

Reactions: Chary

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, you must buy/rent a second receiver from AT&T.

See unlike cable (Comcast, Times Warner, etc) or antenna TV there is no standardized standard when it comes to IPTV. Hence there isn't something like CableCARD tuner or ATSC tuner where you can watch TV show from a computer.

It is either a second receiver or watching your parents scream everyday.
Well, darn. Thanks for the information though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...