Hardware Tutuo pro controller wireless stop working after the update

gianm93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, I have an issue with my tutuo pro controller wireless for switch: After the update for fw 5.x.x led doesn't turn on but I can pair it with my switch. All works except for A, B, X, Y. What can I do to fix it?
On the pcb there are some "reset" pin and stuff but I don't know how to use them.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Reactions: Undi

gianm93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

SMontblanc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The brand isn't really Tutuo, it's just a generic gamepad that several companies import from China and stick their own brand, at least for the product description (Tatuo, Eeekit, Eastvita etc.)

Try the update for the EEEkit, it's the easiest name to find the updates. Perhaps you got a corrupted file?

(Link is in the video description)

Last edited by SMontblanc,

gianm93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The brand isn't really Tutuo, it's just a generic gamepad that several companies import from China and stick their own brand, at least for the product description (Tatuo, Eeekit, Eastvita etc.)

Try the update for the EEEkit, it's the easiest name to find the updates. Perhaps you got a corrupted file?

(Link is in the video description)

I already followed this video but it doesn't work

gianm93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Did you follow the last steps from the .doc included? Do the buttons work at least when connected to a PC?

I did everything. I can connect the controller to my switch but only few keys works. a, b, x, y doesn't work (but I use home+y to pair the controller)

SMontblanc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
So the Y button still work but not when paired? If it works when connected to a PC (it should be recognized as a 360 controller) perhaps they used a different ASIC for the Switch compatibility on that one.

I've found inside the .exe updater the Chinese company responsible of the chip used to build these upgradeable generic controllers. Even the switch controller pro clones use the same.

Now I'm worried for the day I have to update mine... it is a revision with an USB C port instead of the Micro USB and it still works with 6.0. Only if we were able to backup our firmwares...

gianm93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So the Y button still work but not when paired? If it works when connected to a PC (it should be recognized as a 360 controller) perhaps they used a different ASIC for the Switch compatibility on that one.

I've found inside the .exe updater the Chinese company responsible of the chip used to build these upgradeable generic controllers. Even the switch controller pro clones use the same.

Now I'm worried for the day I have to update mine... it is a revision with an USB C port instead of the Micro USB and it still works with 6.0. Only if we were able to backup our firmwares...

Mine has USB C port too

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many 3rd party controllers stopped working back when FW 5.0.0 was released, but a lot of 3rd party brands released updates to fix the issue. You can see a quite long list of those here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...unofficial_controllers_no_longer_work_due_to/
Unfortunately your controller brand is not listed, but you might find something helpful in that post.
I've seen Bluetooth controllers advertised as working on Switch firmware 6.0+. Perhaps Nintendo revoked their change in 5.0.0.

SMontblanc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Nintendo didn't do any new changes from 5.x to 6.0 that is why all the third party controllers are still compatible.

I've only found two update tools, but they are for the brands you already tried. There is another sold as 'sunwaytek n10w' but they removed the update from their page.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr