Visit site
XP
Country

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
I never posted the key, just the number. People won't post the key because it blatently violates the DMCA (which could get the site in trouble), however if numbers are illegal, there's no telling how many of us are criminals. What if an executable on our hard drives contains that string? Have you just committed a crime? There's plently of previous incidents that show you can't make a number illegal.

Slightly related: an image of digg.com a while ago, when it's the HD-DVD code was posted many times on its front page. What happened? nothing much.

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
arctic_flame said:
I never posted the key, just the number. People won't post the key because it blatently violates the DMCA (which could get the site in trouble), however if numbers are illegal, there's no telling how many of us are criminals. What if an executable on our hard drives contains that string? Have you just committed a crime? There's plently of previous incidents that show you can't make a number illegal.

Slightly related: an image of digg.com a while ago, when it's the HD-DVD code was posted many times on its front page. What happened? nothing much.
Actually, Digg got many takedown notices.

I'm not here to argue, if you feel my decision is incorrect please inform a senior member of staff. I'm not an expert on this kind of thing so I'm just doing what I believe is right.

creepingcreep

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So I've got the forbidden numbers in a txt file and I've changed the file extension to .bin but I still can't get the other keys from my des files.
Any help?

Can I post this here?

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
sinkhead said:

I'm not here to argue, if you feel my decision is incorrect please inform a senior member of staff. I'm not an expert on this kind of thing so I'm just doing what I believe is right.

They got takedown notices, but nothing that would have stood up in a court.
Also, I love good arguments
laugh.gif

QUOTE(creepingcreep @ Mar 6 2008, 07:06 PM) So I've got the forbidden numbers in a txt file and I've changed the file extension to .bin but I still can't get the other keys from my des files.
Any help?

Can I post this here?

Exactly the reason why posting the number means nothing.

Sorry creepingcreep, we can't help you on this matter, you'll have to figure it out yourself.

creepingcreep

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
arctic_flame said:
sinkhead said:

They got takedown notices, but nothing that would have stood up in a court.
Also, I love good arguments
laugh.gif

QUOTE(creepingcreep @ Mar 6 2008, 07:06 PM) So I've got the forbidden numbers in a txt file and I've changed the file extension to .bin but I still can't get the other keys from my des files.
Any help?

Can I post this here?

Exactly the reason why posting the number means nothing.

Sorry creepingcreep, we can't help you on this matter, you'll have to figure it out yourself.

Well you can't blame a guy for trying.
It doesn't appear to matter anyways, the original numbers seem to extract and resign.
No more heroes now pal
Manhunt 2 now uncut

Thanks all for the guides and help
grog.gif

tsampiras

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I would like to also thank the author of the tutorial and the creators of the needed tools for such a great work.

Finaly I can patch some NTSC games that were unplayable with my PAL Wii and FORCE 480p TO ALOT OF Games that it wasn't able to force it (DBZBT2 AND 3 I am looking at you)

Well it took me days to find that KEY.BIN but it worth it.

Thanks again and btw I tested Oneenchabara in 480p (PAL option 3),works like a charm...
bow.gif

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sinkhead said:
Anyone posting a key in any shape or form after this post will get a shiny new warn increase.

(That also includes the key in a URL, or a hint)

Bah!, all I did was post a link to an actual website and made sure not show the actual address in the post. I think you have a problem with yum yum cakes. Do you?
grog.gif

Back on topic:
@ creeping - you don't need the other keys for signing

garyla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
edit*

I got to the part, when I entered the ISO through Trucha Signer 0.21
In the ISO, I only got 2 wad files ..

BOOT2-64-v2.wad
IOS21-64-v514.wad

Does this mean I have to download No More Heroes again .. and hope that that ISO has the wiimenu ... .wad file?
Or can I just use these two files to make it work?

Thanks

tsampiras

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
garyla said:
edit*

BOOT2-64-v2.wad
IOS21-64-v514.wad

Does this mean I have to download No More Heroes again .. and hope that that ISO has the wiimenu ... .wad file?

Thanks

I got the same thing so I used "Super Smash Bros Brawl DVD9" game it had the 2 needed files.
So, no you can't use those 2 files you NEED the specific files mentioned

garyla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tsampiras said:
garyla said:
edit*

BOOT2-64-v2.wad
IOS21-64-v514.wad

Thanks

I got the same thing so I used "Super Smash Bros Brawl DVD9" game it had the 2 needed files.
So, no you can't use those 2 files you NEED the specific files mentioned

Okay, Thanks Luckily I kept my DVD9 brawl ISO
rofl2.gif

thebawp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
IBNobody said:
3. Open up the "wiikeyset.reg" that came with the Trucha Signer in UltraEdit and find the section:

Code:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wii\KeySet\2]

"name"="Custom KeySet 1"
"boot1 key"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00
"common key"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00
"sd key"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00
"sd iv"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00
"md5 blanker"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00

4. Open the key.bin file in UltraEdit and make sure you are in hex mode (Ctrl-H).

5. Replace the "common key" line...

Code:
"common key"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00

...with the contents from key.bin. For example, if key.bin contained AABBCCDDEEFFAABBCCDDEEFF11223344, you'd enter...

Code:
"common key"=hex:AA,BB,CC,DD,EE,FF,AA,BB,CC,DD,EE,FF,11,22,33,44

6. Save the "wiikeyset.reg" file and activate it by double clicking on it. Click "Yes" to add it to the registry.

To those still getting the error decryption error, don't use copy and paste, stay in normal mode (not hex) for the wiikeyset.reg and type in the figures/letters seen in the key.bin directly over the zeroes. I think this is adequately explained in the tutorial, but I kept trying to copy it over and it kept messing up. Yes I'm an idiot, but come on, this tutorial does say it's for dummies.
wink.gif

Edit: Additionally, can I just thank IBNobody for the tutorial, and to all those who are working on stuff like this to let us play games out of region or uncensored. It's not like they're making any money out of it, and yet they do it anyway.

shadyboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
pardon me for being such a n00b....

I am currently trying to get the main.dol file from One Piece Unlimited Adventure iso...
and there are 2 partitions... and both contains a main.dol file...
And I was wondering wich partition I am to extract the main.dol file from?
RESLAB partition or RIPEAF partition ......

RoD131

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
For all of you trying to use the VMC method on Trauma Center: New Blood (or any other game which Trucha stucks upon), I've succeeded opening it on Trucha.

I left it running for quite awhile (watched television while it was running), eventually it opened.

And anyway, for the extraction of files only, Wii Scrubber also is doing the job pretty good.

Nekobibu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
RoD131 said:
For all of you trying to use the VMC method on Trauma Center: New Blood (or any other game which Trucha stucks upon), I've succeeded opening it on Trucha.

I left it running for quite awhile (watched television while it was running), eventually it opened.

And anyway, for the extraction of files only, Wii Scrubber also is doing the job pretty good.

Yeah, if you leave it for a while (around 5 minutes maybe), Trucha will open it, but then, extracting or replacing the files won't work.
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol