Hacking [Tutorial] Sm4sh Changing CSS, Custom Sounds Per Costume, and More! Mega Thread!

FightingPolygon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Erm, so, all the characters' CSPs don't load at all anymore... I tried removing the custom/added skins and it still does that. Is my db.bin the problem? Idk.

xXMelvinXx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was working on some texture mods for Kirby, and I was wondering if there is a way to change the color of the textures of move effects. Specifically, I would like to change the beam of the final cutter from blue to green. I looked in the folder data/fighter/kirby/effect/kirby/model and found what seem to be the files with the effects of final cutter,
XviOF
http://imgur.com/a/XviOF
but when I try to convert them to dds using the Injectpack, it says the textures are format 17 and crashes. I have seen modifications to the color of move effects before (specifically with the Ichigo mod for Cloud changing some of his sword attacks from green to red), and I was hoping someone could help me figure out how that was done so I can edit move effects myself. Thanks for any help you can provide!

-Melvin

Last edited by xXMelvinXx,

KillzXGaming

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was working on some texture mods for Kirby, and I was wondering if there is a way to change the color of the textures of move effects. Specifically, I would like to change the beam of the final cutter from blue to green. I looked in the folder data/fighter/kirby/effect/kirby/model and found what seem to be the files with the effects of final cutter
XviOF
, but when I try to convert them to dds using the Injectpack, it says the textures are format 17 and crashes. I have seen modifications to the color of move effects before (specifically with the Ichigo mod for Cloud changing some of his sword attacks from green to red), and I was hoping someone could help me figure out how that was done so I can edit move effects myself. Thanks for any help you can provide!

-Melvin
Oddly you cannot extract them. Some i've managed to but for the most part you cannot currently as it causes a crash.

xXMelvinXx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ritsuofox on Gamebanana told me a really helpful way to change the effects of moves even though we can't edit them directly. All of the "Trail" and "Trace" effects in the game are swap-able between not only different moves, but different characters. So to change Kirby's cutter effect to green all you have to do is take the files from within a folder for a move with green sword trails (Marth, Lucina, or Roy's low-angled side-B, for example), and paste them over the effect for Kirby's Up-B to make it green instead of blue. I haven't tested this in-game myself yet, but it is confirmed to work for swapping the colors of cloud's moves. Hope this helps!

-Melvin

SmashGamer112

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey everyone, I just want to know if there is a specific way to know if a mod can be used on a specific region. I want to know this because I've been struggling to get my mods to load via the exploits when I'm not using EU mod packs.

For example, I edited the CSS and replaced the character_db file with the edited one in SmashExplorer and replaced textures/models correctly but when I load the game nothing changes, I know I've put everything correctly in because I always have the EU number (I think it's called game ID) as the main folder on the root of the SD card, and then just paste the patch folder that SmashExplorer has built inside the EU ID folder.

But nothing loads, unless I use a pack that is EU friendly. So that's really why I wanted to know if there is a way to know if a mod on gamebanana would be EU friendly or not, other than just testing it every time.

BakerFalcon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey. So I tried making a custom voice effects pack and it turned out super quiet. Is there a fix for this? That's be great, thanks!

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 1 question and this issue has been driving me nuts for 2 days. Ok so how do I use a custom name for character that shows with the stock icons? Basically when I'm fighting ingame?
I'm trying to add a custom name for a Miku mod in slot 04(not counting slot 00) I have followed the video but I get a nameless plate everytime in battle and the result screen

UPDATE: Nevermind I figured it out and got everything working. To be honest this guide was more detailed than the video. http://gamebanana.com/tuts/12046

Last edited by MasterJ360,

Hayro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have trouble with "Mssing DLC Portaits, Stock, Ect. (Also Freeze Fix for CSPs)" Section.

I tried both methods and still can't manage to fix DLC portraits, stocks and also the possibility to change musics on DLC stages.

PRN157

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how to do the color swap with paint.net in the "ABGR_8888/A8B8G8R8 format used for stock, battle portaits, ect" section? I've been trying to edit battle portraits and converted the .dds to .png just fine, but can't seem to fix the colors after I open the file.

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... I'm having an issue with some SSPs. I moved some base game stages over to the extras tab (by modifying the k5 parameter) and their preview portrait (the mini one you see on the SSS before you go over it with the cursor to get the bigger portrait) turned white. The images from the base game don't show up. I've even tried moving them to the append folder and it still doesn't show up.

Does anyone know how to alleviate this issue at all?

EDIT: Here's an image too.

Last edited by epicmartin7,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse