OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I

it can install by gateway?

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking, but i'll take a stab at it. :P
If you want to install Cubic Ninja or any other game as a CIA. You'll use a title manager like BigBlueMenu / Devmenu

Where does emuNAND seek its boot.3dsx file? My microSD or somewhere else that I can install the 2.1 version to?

My mistake, completely forgot about the boot.3dsx file <_>. Emunand would look in the same spot (Root) as Sysnand.
So as far as i'm aware, no-go then.

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
Never tried to launch Ninjhax from emunand myself. If I want to homebrew menu, I just System settings > Close, which kicks you to Sysnand > Launch Ninjhax. :P

If you install CN to the Emunand, its save file will be stored on the N3DS' internal SD (In the emunands folder) - If you're using a physical cart for CN on Sysnand, then there's no reason for them to interfere with each other. :)

Is there anyway of knowingif BBM is installing to Emunand or Sysnand? I'm afraid to hit install and brick this thing again :(

usernametaken

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyway of knowingif BBM is installing to Emunand or Sysnand? I'm afraid to hit install and brick this thing again :(

Unlinked Nands > Different themes / folders > Boot into Emunand > BBM

If you go into settings then back out, you'll be back in Sysnand.

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
Unlinked Nands > Different themes / folders > Boot into Emunand > BBM

If you go into settings then back out, you'll be back in Sysnand.

For some reason, even after unlinking the sysnand, everything I install on sysnand shows on emunand and vice versa, even changing themes and making folders. I don't know what's going on...

Sno0t

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey everyone :)
I am following this and the wiiU forum for a bit of time now.
I am not a regular visitor and am somewhat confused...as every helpful thread seems to get pushed so far down that I cant find it again (stickies would be useful for some more threads I guess xD)
Anyways, I just stumbled upon this thread and have some small points regarding the tutorial (in rtf format).
It would be really helpful if the default questions and the requirements would be posted within the dopcument.
e.g.
* Minimum/Maximum FW
* O3DS/N3DS
* Mset (only O3DS or N3DS)
* Features I can use after the tut is finished ;D

Sooo, for the atual question...

* If I get my Hands on a N3DS, what FW should it have at Maximum to work with CubicNinja (9.2, 9.5?)*
* Possible to play Roms? (cia, 3ds, 3dz)
* EmuNAND up to what version?

I hope I dont sound rude or like I dont appreciate the work, i really really do, and are really thankful fr the tutorial and grateful to everyone involved.
But, i drank yesterday and i think my mind is not 100% clear right now xD.

Erm...yeah i think thats all..
Thanks again...my post is somewhat strange concerning its structure..im sorry for that..but as i mentioned..im not 100% clear at all ;D

Thanks in advance for answering my questions.
Kind regards,
Sno0t

Reactions: usernametaken

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey everyone :)
I am following this and the wiiU forum for a bit of time now.
I am not a regular visitor and am somewhat confused...as every helpful thread seems to get pushed so far down that I cant find it again (stickies would be useful for some more threads I guess xD)
Anyways, I just stumbled upon this thread and have some small points regarding the tutorial (in rtf format).
It would be really helpful if the default questions and the requirements would be posted within the dopcument.
e.g.
* Minimum/Maximum FW
* O3DS/N3DS
* Mset (only O3DS or N3DS)
* Features I can use after the tut is finished ;D

Sooo, for the atual question...

* If I get my Hands on a N3DS, what FW should it have at Maximum to work with CubicNinja (9.2, 9.5?)*
* Possible to play Roms? (cia, 3ds, 3dz)
* EmuNAND up to what version?

I hope I dont sound rude or like I dont appreciate the work, i really really do, and are really thankful fr the tutorial and grateful to everyone involved.
But, i drank yesterday and i think my mind is not 100% clear right now xD.

Erm...yeah i think thats all..
Thanks again...my post is somewhat strange concerning its structure..im sorry for that..but as i mentioned..im not 100% clear at all ;D

Thanks in advance for answering my questions.
Kind regards,
Sno0t

You need a new 3ds on 9.0-9.2 if you have an original 3ds it's a lot easier and you don't need to do all this but it still requires 9.2 or below

You can play CIA not Roms, you need a Gateway or Sky3ds card to play Roms, Cias are better in my opinion and just as easy to find

The most important feature is running CIAs, they let you update games and even play online

Now for the important part,

I don't mean to be a jackass but you need to do some research if you don't even know what firmware to use. The reason being that these tutorials are really complicated and one misstep will make your 3ds a BRICK. I have have hacked other systems before,
studied programming, done a hard mod and I still haven't figured this out completely. If you're a complete beginner, get a Gateway and save yourself the pain lol

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you for this tutorial :) Awesome! :) One question I have, I own a N3DS 9.2 running pasta and reinand mset 4x; all working great. Im on the fence about setting up emunand mainly because I am about to install a hardmod, does emunand bring any additional features other than somewhat brick protection? If I have a hardmod it seems an emunand may be an unnecessary complication. Does emunand offer any further compatibility with games? As I understand it reinand and pasta support 9.5 games on sysnand just fine and emunand can only support 9.5, correct? Also, why im asking the guru's, does having a hardmod completely 100% provide complete brick protection? what if the boot loader becomes corrupted or gets wiped?:unsure:

kontrolaltdelete

Task Manager
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you for this tutorial :) Awesome! :) One question I have, I own a N3DS 9.2 running pasta and reinand mset 4x; all working great. Im on the fence about setting up emunand mainly because I am about to install a hardmod, does emunand bring any additional features other than somewhat brick protection? If I have a hardmod it seems an emunand may be an unnecessary complication. Does emunand offer any further compatibility with games? As I understand it reinand and pasta support 9.5 games on sysnand just fine and emunand can only support 9.5, correct? Also, why im asking the guru's, does having a hardmod completely 100% provide complete brick protection? what if the boot loader becomes corrupted or gets wiped?:unsure:

Hardmod doesn't offer brick protection. It offers update protection 100%. Emunand with a cia installer can use the shop if you install the spoofer. I am on 9.5 and can access the shop on my emunand.

Reactions: democracy

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country

If you run into problems with the Hardmod let me know, I've done it like 3 times already with some getho spare parts I had laying around lol

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can access the eshop just fine on my 9.2 system nand.

Im of the opinion that emunand has very little to offer currently to a n3ds owner whos device is hard moded with a nand backup. Please challange me on this if you believe im incorrect.

Also anybody else concerned/notice the file size difference between pasta and gateway nand backup? Which is the better backup?

kontrolaltdelete

Task Manager
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can access the eshop just fine on my 9.2 system nand.

Im of the opinion that emunand has very little to offer currently to a n3ds owner whos device is hard moded with a nand backup. Please challange me on this if you believe im incorrect.

Also anybody else concerned/notice the file size difference between pasta and gateway nand backup? Which is the better backup?

Nope. Not much else. It's just added protection. Don't know about GW or pasta.

usernametaken

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason, even after unlinking the sysnand, everything I install on sysnand shows on emunand and vice versa, even changing themes and making folders. I don't know what's going on...

Are you certain you're creating an Emunand? - Each time you format the Sysnand it'll create new folder(s) in the Nintendo 3DS folder.
I'd suggest deleting the contents of the Nintendo 3DS folder > Gateway Menu > Create Emunand > Install Devmenu > Format Sysnand with mSD removed > Insert mSD and let the Sysnand setup its folder on it > Check Nintendo 3DS folder (At this point you should have two separate folders directly inside of Nintendo 3DS/ & if you do, you'll have Emunand and Sysnand unlinked)

sky007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Devmenu should be perfectly fine for installing the firmware update to your Emunand. I used BigBlueMenu when I first got my N3DS to update, Sysupdater.cia has been popular around here recently (Instead of overwriting old revisions of the titleIDs, it'll first uninstall the old then install the new firmware cias in their place)
Devmenu update failed. It broken emunand. I will try bigbluemenu later.

Sno0t

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You need a new 3ds on 9.0-9.2 if you have an original 3ds it's a lot easier and you don't need to do all this but it still requires 9.2 or below

You can play CIA not Roms, you need a Gateway or Sky3ds card to play Roms, Cias are better in my opinion and just as easy to find

The most important feature is running CIAs, they let you update games and even play online

Now for the important part,

I don't mean to be a jackass but you need to do some research if you don't even know what firmware to use. The reason being that these tutorials are really complicated and one misstep will make your 3ds a BRICK. I have have hacked other systems before,
studied programming, done a hard mod and I still haven't figured this out completely. If you're a complete beginner, get a Gateway and save yourself the pain lol

Don't worry,
It doesnt sound like your are a jackass ;)
I just read in several forums that you need 9.2, but in others Ive read that 9.5 is fine as well, therefore i asked this specific question ;)
I am not that new to this stuff as you might think.
I had soft-modded my wii and had a deep insight in ps3 modding, also soft-modded the psp, however:
For the 3DS it seems the forum is somewhat unstructured and some of the pretty useful threads are not stickied.
There is a lot of information within various different threads and I just lost the overview...
I will just try to get a N3DS <=9.2 and then collect Cubic Ninja ;)

Thank you for your answer :)

usernametaken

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry,
It doesnt sound like your are a jackass ;)
I just read in several forums that you need 9.2, but in others Ive read that 9.5 is fine as well, therefore i asked this specific question ;)
I am not that new to this stuff as you might think.
I had soft-modded my wii and had a deep insight in ps3 modding, also soft-modded the psp, however:
For the 3DS it seems the forum is somewhat unstructured and some of the pretty useful threads are not stickied.
There is a lot of information within various different threads and I just lost the overview...
I will just try to get a N3DS <=9.2 and then collect Cubic Ninja ;)

Thank you for your answer :)

With all 3DS' the highest firmware you can have and still use cfw / gateway is =<9.2.
When you see things like cfw / gateway & 9.5 (N3DS) / 9.9 (O3DS) those are the firmwares they can achieve while inside Emunand (After cfw / gateway is setup)

Reactions: Sno0t and peteruk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo