Hacking [Tutorial] Setting up Reinand CFW from scratch

usernametaken

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to make n3ds virgin again? Id prefer to just make it all from the scratch.

Yes, but there would be risks of bricking involved.
Best option is to format the Sysnand with the mSD inserted. This will wipe everything you've done, except for the Mset exploit (So your Sys settings will still be on 4.5).

If you wanted to revert back to complete stock and just say screw cfw all together though, you could use Gateways Menu > Hold UP while selecting the backup option (To restore your Sysnand from the original NAND.BIN you made). *This is what has a chance to brick your system though ***If anything were to go wrong during that process that is.

usernametaken

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uf I would want to risk a brick Im not that wealthy :(

It's not very likely, but there is a chance. That's the only reason I mentioned it. :P
Again, that's only if you just want to say screw it to the whole cfw thing.

If for whatever reason you do & just want to write off having a hackable system all together, you could just update to 9.9 with the System updater & use Ninjhax 2.0 for homebrew only.
^I don't think that's a good idea though^ :P

robertorpg94

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
There is a step that says I should do the following

Step 2: Prepping Sysnand
"Hold [L ] start with CFW Folder [A] - Select optons - Enable FirmLaunch [ NO] - Boot Folder" Give me some Folder "

However I managed to do all right in Step 1

more when I get to this part of the step 2 ,, the CFW Folder not start and hangs my homebrew menu

All files are correct in their due places in the micro sd card

What should I do in order to proceed ??

linkenski

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm slightly confused. It says it's for N3DS, but not in this thread title. Am I at the risk of screwing up my O3DS if I follow these steps?

Lethal_Brahms

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm slightly confused. It says it's for N3DS, but not in this thread title. Am I at the risk of screwing up my O3DS if I follow these steps?
Sir. This would not work for your 3DS because it is on the latest firmware. Do not try to use this tutorial. It will only work with systems with 9.2 or lower firmware.

robertorpg94

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

"Hold [L ] start with CFW Folder [A] - Select optons - Enable FirmLaunch [ NO] - Boot Folder" Give me some Folder "

more when I get to this part of the step 2 ,, the CFW Folder not start and hangs my homebrew menu

Lethal_Brahms

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Try this. When you are at the homebrew menu, just click on CFW. It should lead to the CFW menu. From there go to settings and make sure firmlaunch is set to no. Then just launch the "Give me some Pasta"

robertorpg94

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Every time I try to start PASTACFW , the N3DS is dark screen, the menu should appear, does not appear in my 3DS , I did all previous steps correctly, most unfortunately this has happened , and I can not finish the tutorial

Lethal_Brahms

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every time I try to start PASTACFW , the N3DS is dark screen, the menu should appear, does not appear in my 3DS , I did all previous steps correctly, most unfortunately this has happened , and I can not finish the tutorial
Just a question. What firmware is your 3ds and are you using ninjhax 1.1b for your cubic ninja?

Reactions: usernametaken

Lethal_Brahms

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

robertorpg94

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
worked friend, qr code was actually right , now let's see if I can install the devmenu why I gained a new problem ,

" Database_does_not_exist "

Lethal_Brahms

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please follow these instructions from the tutorial.

*If you get Error Description: Database_does_not_exist > Connect mSD to computer go into Nintendo 3DS > Folder> Here you should see exdata folder, create a folder named "dbs" next to it. Inside dbs create two txt files named (title.db & import.db)

*Insert the mSD & turn the 3DS back on > System Settings > Data Management > Nintendo 3DS > Software - The system will add the necessary data to the files you created. Now you can go back to FBI & install Devmenu.cia

Reactions: usernametaken

robertorpg94

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks guys , I managed to install the reinand , only now I do not know where to proceed, how should I install stances in emunand ? and how to update it to 9.5 ? Why algunas stances are not properly installed in reiNAND for a signature error ?

robertorpg94

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
"Description_access_denied"

This always happens when I try to install an cia in emunand , how to fix this?

I'm trying to install the FBI through the cubic ninja

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Bug Photo

Attachments

• 20150822163806.jpg
    20150822163806.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 166

kontrolaltdelete

Task Manager
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Description_access_denied"

This always happens when I try to install an cia in emunand , how to fix this?

I'm trying to install the FBI through the cubic ninja

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Bug Photo

FBI doesn't let you boot unsigned CIAs. You need BigBlueMenu which is a signed CIA to install unsigned ones.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Juan who?