Hacking [Tutorial] Self Hosting via Python 3

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically I wanted to provide a much more simple solution than using the java stuff as some people have a lot of issues with it. What I'll be explaining is how to set up an extremely simple local server to host your exploits and homebrew. I've also made a video that will be posted at the bottom of this OP that'll physically walk you through it.

Step 1: Getting the files
I have provided an archive that contains the necessary files so you don't need to go fishing for them all.

What you will need is below:
Install Python 3 (MAKE SURE YOU ADD PYTHON TO YOUR PATH) and extract kexploit stuff.zip onto your desktop.
upload_2016-5-3_17-6-16.png
Inside, there will be 2 folders, 1 titled "Wii U Server" and 1 titled "wiiu". Put the "wiiu" folder on the root of your Wii U's SD card.

Step 2: Running the server
Open the "Wii U Server" Folder and there will be another folder titled "550". Open this folder and it should look like this:
upload_2016-5-3_17-8-27.png
This is folder contains the 5.5.x kernel exploit, the python server, loadiine, and hbl. Click on "Exploit Server.bat" and it'll look like this:
upload_2016-5-3_17-11-7.png
This means that the contents of "C:\Users\X\Desktop\kexploit stuff\Wii U Server\550" are being hosted on your newly created local server. To access this server, open command prompt and input "ipconfig" and get your local IP (IPv4)
upload_2016-5-3_17-17-27.png
Step 3: Loading the server on your Wii U
Go to the internet browser on your Wii U and go to the URL bar. Type in "http://192.168.X.XXX:8000"(input your own IP), bookmark it, and then select 550hax.mp4. After that, reload the bookmark and select either hbl.mp4 or loadiine_gx2.mp4.
upload_2016-5-3_17-31-43.png
Step 4: Putting more homebrew on the server
If you want to put more homebrew than just loadiine, hbl, etc; use @Kakkoii's bin2mp4 converter and place the resulting mp4 into the server folder. If you want to the homebrew to show up on the HBL, then put the provided hb in the /apps folder on the SD card.

If you have any questions relating to this server process, ask here. If it's about Loadiine, hbl, etc; then ask in their selective threads.

Credits to @dimok for Loadiine and HBL, @NWPlayer123 for porting Loadiine, @Kakkoii for bin2mp4 converter, @Marionumber1 and co. for their kernel exploit and scene support, etc.

Threads: Homebrew Launcher, Loadiine, and bin2mp4

Video:

Last edited by Psi-hate,

razinx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Looks straight forward, but I'm stuck at the batch file. Just flashes and disappears. I installed Python 3.5.1, which I know nothing about but its running, but the batch still just opens and closes right away. What am I missing?

Edit: Got it. Had to edit the batch to include the install path. Doh.

Last edited by razinx,

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
i assume you are using some dark theme, because i can't imagine another reason you chose the yellow text, on the deafult theme it's hard to read :)
anyway thanks

Reactions: Psi-hate

Psi-hate

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i assume you are using some dark theme, because i can't imagine another reason you chose the yellow text, on the deafult theme it's hard to read :)
anyway thanks
I'll use red then :P

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Looks straight forward, but I'm stuck at the batch file. Just flashes and disappears. I installed Python 3.5.1, which I know nothing about but its running, but the batch still just opens and closes right away. What am I missing?
I think you need to add python to your PATH. It gave me that option when I installed it and I clicked it so I guess that's what makes it work. I just tested the .bat in the zip and it works on my end, so if adding python to PATH doesn't help, use this:
Code:
python -m http.server
Copy and paste that into notepad and save as a .bat and put it in /Desktop/Kexploit Stuff/550/Wii U Server/550

Last edited by Psi-hate,

razinx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanx. I just added the install path to the batch and it worked. Honestly I think this is the first time I've ever used the browser on the Wii U, dislike it. I enter the IP in the URL bar and it just redirects to nintendo search site....wtf. I tested the IP on my PC and it loads up just fine, so not sure why I cant seem to use it on the wii browser.

TamDanny

GBATemp 3DS Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanx. I just added the install path to the batch and it worked. Honestly I think this is the first time I've ever used the browser on the Wii U, dislike it. I enter the IP in the URL bar and it just redirects to nintendo search site....wtf. I tested the IP on my PC and it loads up just fine, so not sure why I cant seem to use it on the wii browser.
Try adding "http://" at the beginning of the address. The browser thinks you're trying to search for something...through nintendo's searching site. Why not just Google, Nintendo? :P

razinx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Perfect, thanx. Working now. Loadine up and running. Now to find a game small enough to fit on a 2GB card, until I get a bigger one. Whats the best card to get. I noticed in Psi-hate's video there was a quite a few games on the SD, what size are you using? Of the games I've downloaded most are around 20GB. Can games be stripped like they used to do on Wii games?

Net-KILLER

computer says no
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Perfect, thanx. Working now. Loadine up and running. Now to find a game small enough to fit on a 2GB card, until I get a bigger one. Whats the best card to get. I noticed in Psi-hate's video there was a quite a few games on the SD, what size are you using? Of the games I've downloaded most are around 20GB. Can games be stripped like they used to do on Wii games?
Well NES Remix should fit.
Maybe Super Mario Bros too

If you downloaded a wud you have to decrypt/extract it. After that the game is MUCH smaller.

Last edited by Net-KILLER,

Psi-hate

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using a 32gb mSD. Are you downloading .wud(s)? Those are encrypted Wii U roms and in order to get them smaller, you need to unencrypt them into an rpx

hudhair

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using a 32gb mSD. Are you downloading .wud(s)? Those are encrypted Wii U roms and in order to get them smaller, you need to unencrypt them into an rpx
I reinstalled it with the Path thing but it still does not work. If it makes any difference, I had a previous version of python installed before this one.

Psi-hate

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not exactly sure why that's happening. I can only say to either uninstall, reinstall, and try again. I have an idea, though.
Type this into cmd:
Code:
python -m http.server

hudhair

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not exactly sure why that's happening. I can only say to either uninstall, reinstall, and try again. I have an idea, though.
Type this into cmd:
Code:
python -m http.server
let me try uninstalling the previous 2.X version. Ill get back to you with the results.

hudhair

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Type this into cmd:
Code:
python -m http.server
That was it. If you have a previous version of python installed you will have to uninstall it. Now it is working flawlessly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: