Homebrew [TUTORIAL] Recover DSiWare/3DSWare after a system format.

blindseer

Past Generation Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I dump DSiWare CIA's in sysNAND or emuNAND? Also, how can this method work with Colors!?
You don't dump the cia from either, what you do is dump your ticket db from both the sysNAND and emuNAND via this Tutorial for funkycia, then use funkycia to create a dsiware cia with said ticket.db_gwemu.

Reactions: cearp

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, then, thanks for wasting quite a bit of my time... :hateit:

On the plus side, I know know how to dump and install cia files, but I'd still rather have not spent so much time on this only to have it give the same fucking error message it's always given me upon trying to get this damn thing from emunand onto sysnand.

C'mon gateway, get DSiware working in emunand already.

edit: I may sound harsh, but my anger is at the situation, not you, sorry if I come off that way
Don't worry, I am also mad at this.
I plan to make my New 3DS my main handheld console, and I feel like Four Swords might not be there if I don't have a way to put it there.

Does anyone know if you can transfer data from a Classic 3DS to a New 3DS like there was for DSi to 3DS?

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
could you use a seperate SD card?
like:
  1. on your seperate SD card, copy the launcher.dat and the dsiware as CIA
  2. boot into gateway mode with your new SD card
  3. boot devmenu via the red card
and then install the way?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
so, if say i got my dsiware from *CENSORED* as .CIA format, i do not need tickets or keys and such? just simple drag and drop and big blue box?
For 3DSWare it should work.
If it is a DSiWare, you can install it, but you won't be able to run it because currently GW doesn't have a way to run any DS/DSi games without crashing Gateway Mode.
If you install the DSiWare WITHOUT owning it at some point in the 3DS lifetime, you won't be able to run it.

In my case, I did a system format of the 3DS and lost Four Swords in the process.
By doing the method mentioned in the OP, I was able to recover my Four Swords game and boot it just fine in normal 3DS Mode (not GW since you get a black screen upon trying to boot any DS/DSi game), BUT I was able to boot it because somehow the 3DS still retains the download tickets even after a system format.

So if you never had the game, you won't be able to play it, it will just stand there looking nice in the System Menu.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
For 3DSWare it should work.
If it is a DSiWare, you can install it, but you won't be able to run it because currently GW doesn't have a way to run any DS/DSi games without crashing Gateway Mode.
If you install the DSiWare WITHOUT owning it at some point in the 3DS lifetime, you won't be able to run it.

In my case, I did a system format of the 3DS and lost Four Swords in the process.
By doing the method mentioned in the OP, I was able to recover my Four Swords game and boot it just fine in normal 3DS Mode (not GW since you get a black screen upon trying to boot any DS/DSi game), BUT I was able to boot it because somehow the 3DS still retains the download tickets even after a system format.

So if you never had the game, you won't be able to play it, it will just stand there looking nice in the System Menu.
hmm, does this apply to dsiware lost when downgrading?

gruven42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have this installed on my EmuNAND from when it was on the eShop, but not my sysNAND. Will this procedure work for me if I have the .cia?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have this installed on my EmuNAND from when it was on the eShop, but not my sysNAND. Will this procedure work for me if I have the .cia?
Perhaps...
It all depends if the emuNAND is linked to your sysNAND so that the tickets for the game are still in the system itself and not in the emulated NAND.

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to put 4 Swords back on my DSi? I transferred it to a 3DS and regretted it because my DSiXL has much nicer picture quality and nicer sound. But I see no way to do this...

Also I have 4 DSi consoles in my home and would love to be able to play it with 4 friends. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy