Country
Germany

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well this is awesome! Now I don't have to get a physical cart to transfer Pokémon in Apricorn Balls from HGSS to OR for breeding. :>What are the pk6 files used for? Never used PKHeX before, so I'm new to all this.

Reactions: Margen67

AdityaNese

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THe project pokemon thread states you need a JP game and a JP system. So this cannot be used with other regions?
Also if true, put that in you post.

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
THe project pokemon thread states you need a JP game and a JP system.
Not true, I have a European 3DS and also European game.
What are the pk6 files used for? Never used PKHeX before, so I'm new to all this.
The .pk6 files are the replacement format for .pkm if you ever used Pokésav or Pokégen. These files contain all the information about a Pokémon. They can be extracted from and imported into the save file using File -> Open or Save As... in the menu bar of PKHeX.

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because I'm using Gateway and have to remove/re-insert the SD card into the console to do this, I find I have to power off my 3DS in order to remove or re-insert the SD card. The official documentation (and popups in the in the 3DS itself) makes it clear the user should not remove or insert an SD card without the console powered off.

Realistically, should I continue to power off when removing or inserting it, or is Nintendo being too paranoid?

It's a minor inconvenience that I'm willing to put up with to be able to use PKHeX, but would be cool if there wasn't much danger in keeping the 3DS on and in Gateway Mode throughout this process.

Edit: Nevermind, I'm stupid. EmuNAND is on the SD card. Don't mind me!

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it seems that the main file is what the AS ROM and physical OR cart were sharing. However, my eShop (legit) version of Pokémon Y is unaffected. I wanted to start a new playthrough of ORAS eventually anyway. Does someone know if I were to dump my OR cart and use that with PKHeX, if that would fuck with my Y eShop save? I think I might do it and make a backup of the SD card's contents before testing it out if no one knows. Still kinda bummed my OR cart's save is corrupted, but I Banked most of my Pokémon anyway, so it isn't a huge loss aside from the progress I'd made (e.g. I'd beaten the Elite 4 and completed Delta Episode).

ultimatetemper

Trophies
XP
Country
You should fix something in your description.
This method only works for:
-Card 2 games (like Pokemon X/Y/OR/AS or Animal Crossing)
-CIA games
-Card 1 games that save to ROM (like Fantasy Life)

Any other game will not work.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
THe project pokemon thread states you need a JP game and a JP system. So this cannot be used with other regions?
Also if true, put that in you post.
Probably referring to the Cyber Gadget save editor which is region locked to JAP and is the only other option besides SaveDataFiler for save editing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021