ROM Hack WIP Tutorial on how to use the NHSE House Editor for perfect villager injection

Little_Pirouette

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Awesome! Let me know the result! Hopefully the existing dump works
At first I thought it hadn't worked .... but then I realised I was too excited and forgot to reload the altered save file lol.

What I had to do was load the villagers .nhv from your dump files, take note of the accent wall, wall, and flooring information under the "edit room" section. Restart the save editor (to reverse the overwrite on my villagers) and manually change the accent wall, wall, and flooring settings myself. But when I loaded up my game the change worked!! So your dump files are still working great for people that want to take note of the information like what walls/flooring their villagers should have so that they can make the changes themselves.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just tried it myself and it works fine. The dumps have the correct wallpaper/flooring and the editor now replaces it properly. I'm hoping it updates with a way to revert to original clothing too.
Does talking to isabelle to complain about a villagers clothing not do this??

Reactions: strawpedro

Little_Pirouette

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not permanently. They'll be in their default outfit after talking to her, but I've seen them the next day go back to the different outfit.
I'm sorry if I'm misunderstanding, but are they stuck in an outfit that was gifted to them, one they found as a design in your abel sister's shop, or are they just in an outft that reflects the activity they are doing (track suit for working out, simple clothing for yoga, fishing gear, event clothing etc.)??

Kaizerfreak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry if I'm misunderstanding, but are they stuck in an outfit that was gifted to them, one they found as a design in your abel sister's shop, or are they just in an outft that reflects the activity they are doing (track suit for working out, simple clothing for yoga, fishing gear, event clothing etc.)??
Actual clothing items, not gym/rain wear. They'll switch between it and the default but I'd rather them not have it at all, of course.

rowan4

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i messed something up and somehow i now have a plot where nobody can move into it what do i do, for an example i loaded marina onto my island the plot was still the default like nook inc plot but she was walking around my island talking about how she is happy she moved in

ok so i was trying to get marina to move my island and somehow i messed something up and now theres a plot of land that nobody can move into, for an example i tried to get marina and she was on the island but the house was just the plot availabe thing and she was walking around my island talking about how shes happy to move here. any help?

strawpedro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i messed something up and somehow i now have a plot where nobody can move into it what do i do, for an example i loaded marina onto my island the plot was still the default like nook inc plot but she was walking around my island talking about how she is happy she moved in

ok so i was trying to get marina to move my island and somehow i messed something up and now theres a plot of land that nobody can move into, for an example i tried to get marina and she was on the island but the house was just the plot availabe thing and she was walking around my island talking about how shes happy to move here. any help?
did you load the correct house dump?

TJRees

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a best or only working way of kicking out a villager on clean switch? want to get my villager from hacked switch but all my villagers want to live with me forever it seems.

ozling

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a best or only working way of kicking out a villager on clean switch? want to get my villager from hacked switch but all my villagers want to live with me forever it seems.
Tick the button in NHSE that says villager is moving out. Villager then packs thing into boxes and will not leave house. Can also load the empty villager (attached) to create an empty plot and move villager out iinstantly.

Attachments

• empty.zip
    664 bytes · Views: 205

eddieboi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tick the button in NHSE that says villager is moving out. Villager then packs thing into boxes and will not leave house. Can also load the empty villager (attached) to create an empty plot and move villager out iinstantly.

He said on his clean switch, clean switch can access cfw which mean cant access the cfw.
Here's the methode for kicking villagers on clean switch

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This method requires you to time travel!! I spent the last four days trying to get rid of various villagers, shuffling through my “roster” and learned a lot. No known methods work anymore; hitting with nets/shovels, ignoring, reporting to Isabelle? Nothing works anymore! In fact, it feels like it is completely random who moves out when! Because I think it is. I have time traveled 4 months ahead, day by day, talking to just my favs. And for some reason, my favs were mainly the ones who wanted to move out. Because it’s random. So the easiest way to get that one villager to leave is to cycle through the random encounters of villagers offering to move out as fast as possible until the one you want to leave offers to leave. It’s also important to note that you don’t have to worry about ignoring your villagers. They will not leave without asking you first! Our ultimate goal is to get villagers to ask to move out every time you load up the game until the one you want to leave asks to leave.

Here is how: 1 Start in the present. Start time travelling day by day. Each day check all your villagers that are outside!! to see if they have a little bubble above their head (sometimes they won’t have it and will just walk around looking worried/as if they’re pondering, or they will say things like “what should I do”). If they have the bubble, talk to them! If not, keep skipping ahead day by day until you find one with a bubble. You don’t actually have to talk to all of your villagers, just search for the bubble! Don’t forget to save at the end of each day. 2 If this is a villager you want to move out and they’re offering to move out: congrats! Say yes and start from the beginning. If it’s a villager you wanna keep: say no. Now save your game, close the game and change your date 2 weeks into the future. Start up the game again and you should have another villager wanting to move out. If you have another villager wanting to move out, let them move out(or not) and skip 2 weeks into the future again and the next one will want to move out. If there was no villager wanting to move out, skip ahead day by day again until you find one with a bubble. Then you can do a 2 week skip again. So every time you find a villager with a bubble, skip 2 weeks. And when no one has the bubble, skip 1 day.(edited)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I’ve been doing this all day today and I have someone wanting to move out almost every time I do the 2 week skip! I hope it works for you as well, keep me updated about it! :) Small note: sometimes a villager with a bubble above their head might just give you a present. Treat this event as if they were offering to move and skip 2 weeks instead of one day! EDIT: Another thing worth mentioning is that instead of doing just a one day skip when you don’t find one who wants to leave after a 2 week skip, it’s also possible to just keep going with 2 week skips. I haven’t fully tested this, but when I tried it I also had success doing that. So if the 1 day after 2 week skip isn’t working for you, maybe try just doing 2 weeks every time (but not in the beginning until you found your first move out!!)

it worked for me, good luck hope it works for you

Tarophus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any clue as to why NHSE's hash verification prompts the error "0x1D6E70: (0x1D6E74-0x4FAD30)" whenever I import a villager's house?

This doesn't happen after importing a villager or modifying other things, and I made sure to have the right values in the NPC1 row.

strawpedro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any clue as to why NHSE's hash verification prompts the error "0x1D6E70: (0x1D6E74-0x4FAD30)" whenever I import a villager's house?

This doesn't happen after importing a villager or modifying other things, and I made sure to have the right values in the NPC1 row.
Maybe submit an issue on NHSE github?

Tarophus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe submit an issue on NHSE github?
Will do, thanks.

Edit: kwsch cleared up the misunderstanding, apparently hashes aren't updated until all changes to the save file are written (saved). Therefore, I just needed to save after importing villager houses for my hashes to show up as valid.

Last edited by Tarophus,
Reactions: strawpedro

martam09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
ciao ragazzi, ho un problema con le pareti dei miei abitanti del villaggio. Sono entrato in tutte le case ma i muri e i pavimenti sono sbagliati, specialmente quello di Rymond e Erik, perché?

Edt qualcuno puo aiutarmi? quando carico le case i muri dei villager sono sbagliati c'è modo di sistemare?

Last edited by martam09,

Diggler

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all - is everyone replacing existing villagers? that seems to be working but when I choose to inject a villager into a new slot (ie: I only have 6 villagers I got while playing the game and I'm adding a 7th), nothing seems to happen - no new villagers in my villager list, no new villagers wandering around the island to talk to. Am I doing something wrong? I basically inject the villager, inject the house, save it all - when I load the revised save up in the editor, it shows the correct NPC index # under the house and the name of the right villager is associated with that house.....so the save edit seems to have been done?

Do I need to set any other flags? (the original post didn't say anything beyond the steps that I followed)

Last edited by Diggler,

Ashekoki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He said on his clean switch, clean switch can access cfw which mean cant access the cfw.
Here's the methode for kicking villagers on clean switch

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This method requires you to time travel!! I spent the last four days trying to get rid of various villagers, shuffling through my “roster” and learned a lot. No known methods work anymore; hitting with nets/shovels, ignoring, reporting to Isabelle? Nothing works anymore! In fact, it feels like it is completely random who moves out when! Because I think it is. I have time traveled 4 months ahead, day by day, talking to just my favs. And for some reason, my favs were mainly the ones who wanted to move out. Because it’s random. So the easiest way to get that one villager to leave is to cycle through the random encounters of villagers offering to move out as fast as possible until the one you want to leave offers to leave. It’s also important to note that you don’t have to worry about ignoring your villagers. They will not leave without asking you first! Our ultimate goal is to get villagers to ask to move out every time you load up the game until the one you want to leave asks to leave.

Here is how: 1 Start in the present. Start time travelling day by day. Each day check all your villagers that are outside!! to see if they have a little bubble above their head (sometimes they won’t have it and will just walk around looking worried/as if they’re pondering, or they will say things like “what should I do”). If they have the bubble, talk to them! If not, keep skipping ahead day by day until you find one with a bubble. You don’t actually have to talk to all of your villagers, just search for the bubble! Don’t forget to save at the end of each day. 2 If this is a villager you want to move out and they’re offering to move out: congrats! Say yes and start from the beginning. If it’s a villager you wanna keep: say no. Now save your game, close the game and change your date 2 weeks into the future. Start up the game again and you should have another villager wanting to move out. If you have another villager wanting to move out, let them move out(or not) and skip 2 weeks into the future again and the next one will want to move out. If there was no villager wanting to move out, skip ahead day by day again until you find one with a bubble. Then you can do a 2 week skip again. So every time you find a villager with a bubble, skip 2 weeks. And when no one has the bubble, skip 1 day.(edited)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I’ve been doing this all day today and I have someone wanting to move out almost every time I do the 2 week skip! I hope it works for you as well, keep me updated about it! :) Small note: sometimes a villager with a bubble above their head might just give you a present. Treat this event as if they were offering to move and skip 2 weeks instead of one day! EDIT: Another thing worth mentioning is that instead of doing just a one day skip when you don’t find one who wants to leave after a 2 week skip, it’s also possible to just keep going with 2 week skips. I haven’t fully tested this, but when I tried it I also had success doing that. So if the 1 day after 2 week skip isn’t working for you, maybe try just doing 2 weeks every time (but not in the beginning until you found your first move out!!)

it worked for me, good luck hope it works for you
Its not random. The only random part is between those you talked to.

As you said, you realized it was mostly the favorite villagers of yours that wants to move out if you talked to them. So you have to talk to the ones you want to move out. Talk to them straight for roughly five minutes and then time skip till you see the bubble on top of their head. This would have saved you the four months (day to day) traveling.

Last edited by Ashekoki,

strawpedro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all - is everyone replacing existing villagers? that seems to be working but when I choose to inject a villager into a new slot (ie: I only have 6 villagers I got while playing the game and I'm adding a 7th), nothing seems to happen - no new villagers in my villager list, no new villagers wandering around the island to talk to. Am I doing something wrong? I basically inject the villager, inject the house, save it all - when I load the revised save up in the editor, it shows the correct NPC index # under the house and the name of the right villager is associated with that house.....so the save edit seems to have been done?

Do I need to set any other flags? (the original post didn't say anything beyond the steps that I followed)

Do you have an empty plot ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1