Hacking [TUTORIAL] Make your Wii a virgin

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiBlaster said:
ok only problem i still see, is you say using ARC removes all CIOS's back to Original but it doesn't it only replaces the System menu and the IOS30 still leaving all other CIOSCORP wads untouch, It does break CIOSCORP Disc Loading but not removing it completely

I'm guessing this thread is not meant for people with CIOSCORP or SOFTMII or RiskiMod?

Your not getting it... I'm not saying ARC puts all IOS's back to original...

That's why you have to install the SystemMenu.WAD file to rewrite the IOS's back to normal...

Posts merged

QUOTE(Kree_boy @ Feb 6 2009, 03:34 PM) I used this no problem today...
Used it because SSBB was giving me an error saying it couldnt read the disk..not the black read error screen..but a white screen basically telling me the same thing...i tried using a diffrent retail SSBB....setting unsetting hacks..removing hacks....reinstalling softmii (but not from "semi virgin state")...none of these worked at all...

So I....
deleted all IOS that were 200 and above.
used SSBB to update. (just in case)
Used IOS Downgrader.
Used Arc.
Installed wad 01 from the softmii pack.
Then went thru the rest of the steps to install the softmii pack.
And made sure i had the system wad just incase i screwed up my sysmenu...

Everything is running great now...have tested all my retail and backups. No problems at all.

Using SSBB to update is just like installing the SystemMenu wad file... does pretty much the same thing

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zidane_genome said:
WiiBlaster said:
ok only problem i still see, is you say using ARC removes all CIOS's back to Original but it doesn't it only replaces the System menu and the IOS30 still leaving all other CIOSCORP wads untouch, It does break CIOSCORP Disc Loading but not removing it completely

I'm guessing this thread is not meant for people with CIOSCORP or SOFTMII or RiskiMod?

Your not getting it... I'm not saying ARC puts all IOS's back to original...

That's why you have to install the SystemMenu.WAD file to rewrite the IOS's back to normal...

Posts merged

I think your not getting it, installing the system menu wad, Does not rewrite your IOs's back to normal were did you hear that Crap. Thats Just False Info Completely Wrong. Unless you use some IOS Downgrader, ARC to replace IOS30 or manually remove the CIOSCORp wads by hand or, Update through a Game to overwrite them, your Method is Fruitless, Cause right now your only Breaking CIOSCORP from loading from the disc channel but not removing the CORP Wads. Take my Info for what it is Worth.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well I think you didn't install CIOScorp, because they are like 20 something IOS in CIOScorp package, so they are still in your system, lets have a look on the latest SoftMii package:

ARCmod5, wich install the SysMenu3.2 with a few hacks, it will be back to original installing another SysMenu non-hacked.

CIOScorp, a package of several IOS (20+ of them) turning into cIOS, to go back to original overwrite them with original IOS.

Preloader, move the main.dol of the SysMenu to access first to preloader before the SysMenu and install some hacks in the NAND/shared2 folder, to remove just run preloader_remover or shared2_cleaner, and install another SysMenu non-hacked.

Custom Health screen and interface, those are changes inside the SysMenu 43/45.app, those changes will go away when you install another SysMenu non-hacked.

So resuming all of this:

1)run the preloader_remover
2)upgrade to 3.4
3)downgrade to 3.2
4)delete only IOS249 - 248 - 247 (those are the only ones installed for the launchers, AND NO OTHER)
5)and then format your Wii

That's it, no other way around...!!!
smile.gif

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
Well I think you didn't install CIOScorp, because they are like 20 something IOS in CIOScorp package, so they are still in your system, lets have a look on the latest SoftMii package:

ARCmod5, wich install the SysMenu3.2 with a few hacks, it will be back to original installing another SysMenu non-hacked.

CIOScorp, a package of several IOS (20+ of them) turning into cIOS, to go back to original overwrite them with original IOS.

Preloader, move the main.dol of the SysMenu to access first to preloader before the SysMenu and install some hacks in the NAND/shared2 folder, to remove just run preloader_remover or shared2_cleaner, and install another SysMenu non-hacked.

Custom Health screen and interface, those are changes inside the SysMenu 43/45.app, those changes will go away when you install another SysMenu non-hacked.

So resuming all of this:

1)run the preloader_remover
2)upgrade to 3.4
3)downgrade to 3.2
4)delete only IOS249 - 248 - 247 (those are the only ones installed for the launchers, AND NO OTHER)
5)and then format your Wii

That's it, no other way around...!!!
smile.gif

Couldn't agree more either, And also for CIOSCORP\SOFTMII people i would never remove the HBC, until you figure out everything Went Fine, just for Safety Reasons you know,

fruitman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:

Is there a way to restore these Ios if you did not back them up?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
fruitman said:
Is there a way to restore these Ios if you did not back them up?

upgrade to 3.4 or use IOS Downgrader 1.0, if you don't have internet conection, get them from any new game since the lñast summer till now, all of them have the 3.1 update (except for Animal Crossing and PIKMIN_PAL 3.3), and install them with Wad Manager...!!!
smile.gif

fruitman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
upgrade to 3.4

thats news to me fella cheers 8)

*sorry to go on I promise I won't lol

if I install *the 3.2e wads* would that do the trick just the same as upgrading to 3.4e (my region is europe)

Patryc

Trophies
XP
Country
I think it is a bad idea to upgrade by internet then downgrade (It is not required) . I think there is a lot of information on this site that is not 100% helpful.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
well I tell you what I have done like 50 times in the last 20 days, I'm not sure it is going to work for everyone, that's why I didn't create a thread like this...!!!
biggrin.gif

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Two easy ways of doing it without Upgrading and downgrading, is to have your Orginal IOS's and just install over your CIOSCORP wads, that defeats the purpose of upgrading, Or a this Method use ARC and re-install your System menu wad and IOS30, then use Anytitle Deleter and delete the rest of the CIOSCORPS wads, you just need a List, Anytitle Deleter will not let you remove any IOS that will cause a brick, So there is no risk in bricking, after you get done, make sure you dont have any Update blocker installed and stick in a ORG Wii Game like Mario Kart, and let it update it will replace all of our IOS's back to Original. I have tested Both of these Method to remove CIOSCORP
There Still might be Some renegade IOS's missin but any wii game that you stick in if its messin it will ask for a update and it will install the Messing IOS

Now i Tested Both of these methods on my Wii, Plus i know what i'm doing so you might have problems doing this Correctly So i Dont Guarantee for you

Your Best bet is to do the Update and Downgrade Method, Its the Easiest for Noobs

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
but all the noobs will delete IOS4 and then no disc will perform an update, because they are noobs, they don't research and then act, NO NO NO, they only act with the last comment they think they understood, that's why the last option it is not suitable for all the users, ONLY FOR MAJOR GURUS HACKERS GBATEMPERS WITH MORE THAN 2000 POSTS

Patryc

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiBlaster said:
My Two easy ways of doing it without Upgrading and downgrading, is to have your Orginal IOS's and just install over your CIOSCORP wads, that defeats the purpose of upgrading, Or a this Method use ARC and re-install your System menu wad and IOS30, then use Anytitle Deleter and delete the rest of the CIOSCORPS wads, you just need a List, Anytitle Deleter will not let you remove any IOS that will cause a brick, So there is no risk in bricking, after you get done, make sure you dont have any Update blocker installed and stick in a ORG Wii Game like Mario Kart, and let it update it will replace all of our IOS's back to Original. I have tested Both of these Method to remove CIOSCORP
There Still might be Some renegade IOS's missin but any wii game that you stick in if its messin it will ask for a update and it will install the Messing IOS

Now i Tested Both of these methods on my Wii, Plus i know what i'm doing so you might have problems doing this Correctly So i Dont Guarantee for you

Your Best bet is to do the Update and Downgrade Method, Its the Easiest for Noobs

I think it is very sound advice, I would feel a lot happier doing it this way.

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
but all the noobs will delete IOS4 and then no disc will perform an update, because they are noobs, they don't research and then act, NO NO NO, they only act with the last comment they think they understood, that's why the last option it is not suitable for all the users, ONLY FOR MAJOR GURUS HACKERS GBATEMPERS WITH MORE THAN 2000 POSTS
Well I dont like Guaranteeing my methods to anyone But i do like recommending the Upgrade\Downgrade for everyone else its easier for noobs, Honestly I dont recommend Anything at this Point.lol
smile.gif

tottoritoro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ether2802 said:
Honestly I don't get WHY THE PEOPLE WANT TO GET RID OF THIS, and in first place why they got it in their systems...!!!
wtf.gif

I'm thinking of doing it because I think something went a little funky when I was doing my downgrade from 3.4U -> 3.2U.

I followed emperorofcanada's guide pretty explicitly, I thought, but now I'm having weird problems.

1. My JPN retail Wii Fit won't load from the disc channel (w/ Starfall installed and set to region free); it will only load from the Gamma launcher.

2. The US Wii Fit ISO that I have and the retail JPN Wii Fit can't both be synced to the balance board. If my wife plays the JPN version and then I play the US version, I'll have to sync the balance board to the system. When my wife goes to play the JPN version, she'll have to sync it again. Annoying.

3. Tatsunoko vs. Capcom doesn't recognize my Wii remote, only the GC controller.

It seems to me that I should have region free launching of retail games from the disc channel, but I don't.

Something must have gone weird. I feel like it would be best to start from scratch rather than muck about from the hacked state it's in because, well, I'm a bit of a n00b
bow.gif

fruitman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tottoritoro said:
Something must have gone weird. I feel like it would be best to start from scratch rather than muck about from the hacked state it's in because, well, I'm a bit of a n00b
bow.gif

i did the softmii v1 and ended up with pixelated disc channel (likely my fault lol) thats why this is so useful, if you do it wrong it's good to know you can start again.

buby78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fruitman said:
tottoritoro said:
bow.gif

i did the softmii v1 and ended up with pixelated disc channel (likely my fault lol) thats why this is so useful, if you do it wrong it's good to know you can start again.

the disc channel looks like that. they are still working on it. all you have to do is make a new health screen and replace it.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There are MANY reasons to get rid of the complete Softmii package...

Get a ModChip, want to sell your Wii, need to return it to Nintendo, parents are forcing you to return it to orginal, just don't want it anymore, want to play around with the system menu on your own...

I got rid of it because I already had a modchip, and only installed it because I wanted to see what it looked like... didn't really like that my Wii took an extra 5 seconds to start, so I wanted to get rid of it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool