Country
Micronesia, Federated States of

Xenon Hacks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Real life obligations cut my time drastically, but things are happening, lol.
Nice to hear take your time no pressure I have a Gateway card but a quick question. Do you think the Gateway team can use either the red or blue card to take advantage of ntrcardhax?

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
Nice to hear take your time no pressure I have a Gateway card but a quick question. Do you think the Gateway team can use either the red or blue card to take advantage of ntrcardhax?
i havent looked into that a whole lot but probably not.. their card is on the blacklist anyways past like 6.x or 7.x so would be pointless i'd assume.

victorheld

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You made sure to put 9.5 files in the update folder right?
Yes I have put the 9.5 updates folder with cias on the root of my SD card.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I re-downloaded the update files and sysupdater and now it has updated succesfully

nisemono

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Strange.. everytime i update it bricks. Any help guys? It installs the update cias properly, but after it reboots back into emuNAND it creates the home information but crashes after a few secs.

edit: fixed it by deleting emunand theme file

Last edited by nisemono,

TheWhiteNorth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Downgraded my n3ds all the way from 10.2 to 9.2, installed emunand and rxtool with this tutorial : https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...ncluding-emunand-coldboot-cia-manager.405589/, then upgrade emunand following first post. Everything seems to be fine, no black screen, system settings shows RX-E 9.5.0-23E. However, I did notice that only about 10 to 15 cia were installed during the sysupdater process. Is this normal ?
Thanks.

saxon48

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luz, used this thread to update the first time around successfully, and couldn't find it when i tried to update the 2nd time around and had the black screen problem.
I found a solution that delete themehax in a roundabout way:
I deleted the theme Extadata.
https://3dbrew.org/wiki/Extdata

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-rxtools-roxas75-3ds-toolkit-fw-2-0-9-2.382782/page-633
the bottom of this has more theories on why this problem exist.

Side note: For those of you that fixed the black screen, does it take longer and more tries to boot to EmuNand? before took about 1-2 tries, and now about 5 tries to boot successfully.

The first time I tried updating emuNAND to 9.5 resulted in the black screen that many are experiencing. I'm back on 9.2 safe and sound. Before I try again with the step you mentioned, should I delete the two extdata folders before or after updating my emuNAND to 9.5 (and by after, I mean deleting the folders if I see that black screen again)?

If it helps at all, I plan on using OoT hax this time around, rather than menuhax, which has been giving me problems and is currently uninstalled.

Last edited by saxon48,

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
T first time I tried updating emuNAND to 9.5 resulted in the black screen that many are experiencing. I'm back on 9.2 safe and sound. Before I try again with the step you mentioned, should I delete the two extdata folders before or after updating my emuNAND to 9.5?
Try changing the theme on emunand before doing what I did.
It the fact you have menuhax on emunand. That causing the problem.

Delete the theme data folder of emunand only. See that link to see what is a theme data folder
Delete before update

saxon48

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try changing the theme on emunand before doing what I did.
It the fact you have menuhax on emunand. That causing the problem.

Delete the theme data folder of emunand only. See that link to see what is a theme data folder
Delete before update
I've actually uninstalled menuhax for the time being, and am using OOThax instead. But I will do what you have suggested. Thank you!

EDIT: IT WORKED! :D - I wound up deleting both extdata folders (sys and emu), and using OOT hax instead of menuhax. Thank you again for all your help!

Last edited by saxon48,

Gwyn400

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any downsides to keeping my emuNAND on 9.2? seems pointless to update if I cant update to the newest firmware unless I'm missing some kind of benefits 9.5 has?

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any downsides to keeping my emuNAND on 9.2? seems pointless to update if I cant update to the newest firmware unless I'm missing some kind of benefits 9.5 has?
N3ds or o3ds?
9.5 has theme shuffle and is where the eshop spoof work

toto9992

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Strange.. everytime i update it bricks. Any help guys? It installs the update cias properly, but after it reboots back into emuNAND it creates the home information but crashes after a few secs.

edit: fixed it by deleting emunand theme file

How did you delete it ?

Gwyn400

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
N3ds or o3ds?
9.5 has theme shuffle and is where the eshop spoof work
N3DS.
I dont really use themes or use the eShop. Can I play new games online on 9.2 or should I update to 9.5? for example Final Fantasy Explorers because I've got that preordered

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How did you delete it ?
Look at my post at last page with deleting extadata.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-update-emunand-on-a-n3ds.393701/page-14#post-5943778
N3DS.
I dont really use themes or use the eShop. Can I play new games online on 9.2 or should I update to 9.5? for example Final Fantasy Explorers because I've got that preordered
You can use new games online. Games themselves don't check firmware when going online.
Would still be a good idea to spoof correctly, as some games like triforce heros required 9.9 to play, so people spoof that fw check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptLqnNMcQk