Hacking [Tutorial] How to update Emunand on a N3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.

HenryLeonheart

Trophies
XP
Country
For me to get it to update, I reformatted sysnand and emunand a few times before it let me update emunand properly.

Do you mind if I ask what is your setup? Maybe there's something different in yours that allows emuNAND to update. Or it's just luck.

HenryLeonheart

Trophies
XP
Country
Update: After a clean install of both sysNAND and emuNAND without installing anything other than FBI and Sysupdater. The update worked!

dart1250

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Update: After a clean install of both sysNAND and emuNAND without installing anything other than FBI and Sysupdater. The update worked!
Ok I'm going to try for the last time only with both sysNand and emuNand.

Attachments

• DSC_1336[1].JPG
    DSC_1336[1].JPG
    1 MB · Views: 185

shaneod

Trophies
XP
Country
What kind of 3DS do you have, also keep in mind you downgraders have frankenfirmwares.
Weirdly, I had the exact same black screen issue as him after updating emunand to 9.5.0E, and totally coincidentally, I decided to delete my emunand folder (inside 'Nintendo 3ds' at sd root), and I rebooted and the emunand folder was re-created automatically, and it's on 9.5.0 and no longer has a black screen :D.
Weird.

Last edited by shaneod,

Anubis

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Weirdly, I had the exact same black screen issue as him after updating emunand to 9.5.0E, and totally coincidentally, I decided to delete my emunand folder (inside 'Nintendo 3ds' at sd root), and I rebooted and the emunand folder was re-created automatically, and it's on 9.5.0 and no longer has a black screen :D.
Weird.

Did you also downgrade recently?

shaneod

Trophies
XP
Country
Did you also downgrade recently?
Yeah, I downgraded my 10.0.3E N3dsXL.
That let me use 9.5.0E, but because I deleted the SD card's emunand folder, I lost any installed CIA's.
By hex editing the menuhax payload, I could load the homebrew launcher from 9.5.0 emunand via browserhax, but I couldn't install any unsigned CIA files.

I've went back to 9.2.0E emunand for the time being.

Edit: As a note, what I had was 2 black screens. There's a different issue some people are having, which is one black and one red screen.

Last edited by shaneod,

Anubis

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Updated my 9.2E emuNAND to 9.5E just fine, so it seems there's some issue with the 9.5J CIAs.

JerwuQu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I found the solution for those that downgraded and get the black screen.

Go into your SD-card (on your PC) and rename your emunand folder (Nintendo 3DS/XXXXXXXXXX) to something else.
Now start your 3ds and boot into emunand. It will recreate the folder (but without your installs). This is fine.
Take out your SD-card and go back to your PC. Move all the files from your renamed emunand folder to the one that just got created EXCEPT FOR THOSE THAT CONFLICT. DO NOT MOVE THOSE. IT WILL NOT WORK.

Worked for me ^^

Last edited by JerwuQu,

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country

Go into your SD-card (on your PC) and rename your emunand folder (Nintendo 3DS/XXXXXXXXXX) to something else.
Now start your 3ds and boot into emunand. It will recreate the folder (but without your installs). This is fine.
Take out your SD-card and go back to your PC. Move all the files from your renamed emunand folder to the one that just got created EXCEPT FOR THOSE THAT CONFLICT. DO NOT MOVE THOSE. IT WILL NOT WORK.

Worked for me ^^

Very interesting indeed. Did some ID change? one of the /Nintendo 3DS/ID1/ID2/dbs ?

JerwuQu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Very interesting indeed. Did some ID change? one of the /Nintendo 3DS/ID1/ID2/dbs ?

For me, only 5 files (all in the same folder) inside extdata changed.
When I did it, all my apps were wrapped again and unsorted (but still worked) so the conflicting files probably have something to do with the home menu.
Seems to me like some home menu CIA didn't get properly upgraded/downgraded. I have no idea.

R3d0s3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
After downgrade on n3ds to 9.2, I'm loading the emunand just fine, but i'm having a hard time updating it to 9.5.
An error 0xD8E08027 occured when installing 000400300000B902.cia (the other cias are fine using bigbluemenu).
After reboot i've got a black screen on emunand just after the home loading.
My cia 9.5 package is fine, i've already updated 2 other n3ds with it, The 2 of them came with the 9.2 without downgrade.
Anyone having the same issue???

R3d0s3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

Worked for me ^^

Worked for me too thx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol