Hacking TUTORIAL - How To Install System Menu v4.0!

thewebguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question
If i got HBC installed already..and I use the gammer loader which is installed already on my wii
can I update to 4 would this effect me playing my backups?

GrAmS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
TiMeBoMb4u2 said:
GrAmS said:
If you install the ios60-61 with this pack AFTER the waninkoko's updater it will not install ios60, just ios61.

And so, the "illegal" VC/Wiiware can't be loaded by the SD channel.
You're saying that the patcher will not work for IOS60, after you run Waninkoko's installer?

unsure.gif

It doesn't give me the chance to patch/install IOS60. It just ask me for IOS61 and shop channel.
But it may be my fault, because i didn't install cIOS249v8 BEFORE waninkoko's update, and this pack.

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can somebody please make a list of what works/doesn't if you update from the Wii menu, and another list on what works/doesn't if you use Waninkoko's cIOS and his Wii Updater 4.0?

TiMeBoMb4u2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GrAmS said:
If you install the ios60-61 with this pack AFTER the waninkoko's updater it will not install ios60, just ios61.

This statement is incorrect. I have updated MY TUTORIAL, with instructions on how to patch IOS60. It works GREAT!!

rolleyes.gif

TiMeBoMb4u2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ramidavis said:
I have been hearing that wani's updater sometimes fails to patch IOS60/61 correctly. If i use this, and i find it is not patched afterwards properly, then what should i do??
When I orginally wrote this tutorial, I was misinformed about IOS60 and IOS61. Using Waninkoko's Firmware Updater 4.0, these are correctly installed, but NOT patched. The only one that needs patched is IOS60. I have updated MY TUTORIAL, to reflect this needed patch! =)

I hope this helps!

Cheers!
rolleyes.gif

phyl0x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TiMeBoMb4u2 said:
GrAmS said:

You're saying that the patcher will not work for IOS60, after you run Waninkoko's installer?

unsure.gif

Now are we supposed to patch ios60 before or after the waninkoko's installer, this post says it should be before, the tutorial says after...just trying to get this one point cleared up

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
phyl0x said:
TiMeBoMb4u2 said:
GrAmS said:

unsure.gif

Now are we supposed to patch ios60 before or after the waninkoko's installer, this post says it should be before, the tutorial says after...just trying to get this one point cleared up

You can't patch it before because IOS 60 isn't there until AFTER Waninkokos' installer

Korudo

Koru Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every time i run the first step "cIOS36 rev8 Installer", and choose Network install, it gets to the point where it says "Downloading ticket" and then gives me "ERROR! (ret = 1) Any help?

TiMeBoMb4u2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phyl0x said:
I've only patched it AFTER installing Waninkoko's Firmware Updater 4.0, and this WORKS. I cannot validate the other tutorial's procedure, but it appears that others have had success using that method.

rolleyes.gif

Posts merged

QUOTE(computerboy @ Mar 27 2009, 10:49 AM) You can't patch it before because IOS 60 isn't there until AFTER Waninkokos' installer
This is an incorrect statement. "ppc_gba's" IOS Patcher has the installer too! =)

rolleyes.gif

GrAmS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can forget what i said before.

I try the IOS60 Patcher, and... it works !

I don't know why before it doesn't want to ask me about installation of IOS60 but now, it's good.
Now my VC/WWR work like a charm on SD channel.

THANKS !

So here is what i did :

1. Use Waninkoko's updater
2. Try another ios60/61 patcher (from here, but i didn't work
3. Try the one included in THIS tutorial
4. No more problems !!

I updated from a Wii 3.3E with D2Ckey and no modchip just some needed IOS to 4.0E - now all work and i can play "illegal" VC/WWR with SD channel.

aruek_ca18det

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've read too much stuff... but suddenly everything i needed is right here... what is important for me is the fact of running unofficial VC on SD cards, and not affecting anything else... I have to tried myselft but it seems to works for all of you...
Thanks a lot, great info.

TiMeBoMb4u2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GrAmS said:
You can forget what i said before.

I try the IOS60 Patcher, and... it works !

I don't know why before it doesn't want to ask me about installation of IOS60 but now, it's good.
Now my VC/WWR work like a charm on SD channel.

THANKS !

So here is what i did :

1. Use Waninkoko's updater
2. Try another ios60/61 patcher (from here, but i didn't work
3. Try the one included in THIS tutorial
4. No more problems !!

I updated from a Wii 3.3E with D2Ckey and no modchip just some needed IOS to 4.0E - now all work and i can play "illegal" VC/WWR with SD channel.
I'm glad that my tutorial could help! Have Fun!

yay.gif

GrAmS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yep, i don't really know why with your version of IOS60-61 patcher it works, because it's the same as the other one, but hey, that's cool for me
wink.gif

But i don't really follow your tuto since i didn't used the cIOSv8.

aruek_ca18det

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok guys... I'm a little bit confuse... first of all
Great tutorial!! I was scare because the update took 45 minutes!! and it was rolling over things it already downloaded, but finally it did finish nice...

Now this is the thing, I haven't yet installed the patched IOS60, why?... ok... after upgrading with Firmware updater 4 I went to SD menu for curiosity, and guess what? the Homebrew channel was right there and working perfect... second, I went to wii menu and copied mario64 (unofficial), and transfered 0.3 gamma backup launcher to the SD... both of them worked perfect!!... so I am wondering if I really need to install the parched ios60 or not... how do I make really sure that my wii can load from SD unofficial VC or other channels? I'm not sure if with the method I used is more than enough to prove it.

Thanks guys!.. Nice tuto timebomb

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Rega being one of those who reuse Audio Technica's products by rebranding them with their own...