Homebrew [Tutorial] How to Install OoT3DHax

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah I've cleared all of my saves already. Ill install menuhax and see if that alleviates the issue. Is there a certain reason why menuhax is better than browserhax for this? Just curious.
Browserhax is just generally finicky and unreliable, and is generally just used a primary entrypoint to install better methods for accessing homebrew for long-term use.

That being said, if it still doesn't work after installing menuhax, then I'm afraid you're better off just getting a Powersaves device (or other save dongle) to intsall oot3dhax.

OmegaGamerZer0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Browserhax is just generally finicky and unreliable, and is generally just used a primary entrypoint to install better methods for accessing homebrew for long-term use.

That being said, if it still doesn't work after installing menuhax, then I'm afraid you're better off just getting a Powersaves device (or other save dongle) to intsall oot3dhax.

For installing menuhax, I'm getting an error whenever I select "Install". same goes for when i configure menuhax. Ideas?

install failed: 0x00000002.

Last edited by OmegaGamerZer0,

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
For installing menuhax, I'm getting an error whenever I select "Install". same goes for when i configure menuhax. Ideas?
What error? What shows on the screen? Try multiple times as well. In addition, try changing your theme to any other theme, then to default, then try the HBL again.

If nothing works, then I don't know what to tell you. Sounds like something is just preventing homebrew apps from working properly. Honestly, oot3dhax installations from the homebrew installer are very finicky and unreliable anyway; maybe getting a Powersaves is the way to go.

OmegaGamerZer0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What error? What shows on the screen? Try multiple times as well. In addition, try changing your theme to any other theme, then to default, then try the HBL again.

If nothing works, then I don't know what to tell you. Sounds like something is just preventing homebrew apps from working properly. Honestly, oot3dhax installations from the homebrew installer are very finicky and unreliable anyway; maybe getting a Powersaves is the way to go.

Heres whats on screen, do i need menu ropbin installed manually from the homepage?

Also changing my theme, and changing it back to default then attempting to install didn't work unfortunately.

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 264

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Heres whats on screen, do i need menu ropbin installed manually from the homepage?

Also changing my theme, and changing it back to default then attempting to install didn't work unfortunately.
Delete your home menu extdata and try several times to install menuhax.

Also, this has gotten quite off-topic, so all I can say is: just get a save dongle. It'll be less headache in the long run.

Last edited by Xiphiidae,

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
the manager won't even open without it now, "failed to open home menu ext data 0000008f" ugh
Try setting a theme and then setting it back to default. If that doesn't work then copy it back then I suppose. Are you sure you haven't set your SD card to be read-only or something?

Honestly, at this point you should just get a save dongle.

OmegaGamerZer0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try setting a theme and then setting it back to default. If that doesn't work then copy it back then I suppose. Are you sure you haven't set your SD card to be read-only or something?

Honestly, at this point you should just get a save dongle.

Unfortunately that didn't work. One last thing - should i go to the website and try to get a ropbin pertaining to my fw and such and put it on the root? I've looked this up a bit and this is what I've found. Sorry after this ill get out of your hair.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Unfortunately that didn't work. One last thing - should i go to the website and try to get a ropbin pertaining to my fw and such and put it on the root? I've looked this up a bit and this is what I've found. Sorry after this ill get out of your hair.
No harm in trying. I have never had to do this, however (to be honest I've never had any of the problems you're facing).

Sorry I can't be of more help, your 3DS seems to be set against homebrew functioning correctly for whatever reason.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oothax does not need a payload file on the root of the SD card.

OmegaGamerZer0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oothax does not need a payload file on the root of the SD card.

I was referring to menuhax previously, which would then be used to attempt to install oot3dhax.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No harm in trying. I have never had to do this, however (to be honest I've never had any of the problems you're facing).

Sorry I can't be of more help, your 3DS seems to be set against homebrew functioning correctly for whatever reason.

Its cool, thx for taking your time with me. Im having trouble getting this to work but i think ill take your advice and purchase a save dongle. always have been worried about wasting money if they don't work but it seems like this is my only option. Thx again! :)

OmegaGamerZer0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Good news!! I got oot3dhax to work! I also got it to work with the correct payload for it to work on 11.2! What i did was use a different larger sd card and an older ropbin for my 9.5 3ds, and got menuhax to work. Then, with menuhax working, it actually managed to load up the oot3dhax installer! After that, it was simply installing it as an 11.2 3ds on the 9.5 one, and it worked flawlessly when i switched cartridges!!

Again thx! I wouldn't have gotten this far without you! :) :) :) :)

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Good news!! I got oot3dhax to work! I also got it to work with the correct payload for it to work on 11.2! What i did was use a different larger sd card and an older ropbin for my 9.5 3ds, and got menuhax to work. Then, with menuhax working, it actually managed to load up the oot3dhax installer! After that, it was simply installing it as an 11.2 3ds on the 9.5 one, and it worked flawlessly when i switched cartridges!!

Again thx! I wouldn't have gotten this far without you! :) :) :) :)
Glad to hear that everything worked out. Makes sense that it was an SD issue; from now on I'll always be sure to suggest using a different/formatted/error-checked SD to my self and others.

KitsuneNoMeiji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need some help... New 3DS XL; I am using firmware version 11.3.0-36U, *hax payload version 2.9 Alpha, only available entry point is soundhax, and I've done the needed preparations for installation, such as wiping my save data. Upon trying to install oot3dhax using the sploitlauncher, it gets stuck on a green screen on the bottom screen... indefinitely. Please help! This is driving me mental... I've done everything correct, to my assumptions! And it still is not working!

Fault Boy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is the sploit_installer compatible with 11.5? I'm trying to write the save in a cartridge and always leads me to error 00002 (The title this sploit_installer is running under is not supported)
Luma is updated to the latest version

Last edited by Fault Boy,

RY0M43CH1Z3N

Touching things and improving your world
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Is the sploit_installer compatible with 11.5? I'm trying to write the save in a cartridge and always leads me to error 00002 (The title this sploit_installer is running under is not supported)

I believe the 11.1.0-34 is te latest versión supported.

ChaosWeeb

Pleb Modding King
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The new homebrew launcher followed by the new luma doesn't work. You need to downgrade Luma3DS back to 7.1, download the legacy Homebrew Launcher from smealums github and install it like that

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need some help... New 3DS XL; I am using firmware version 11.3.0-36U, *hax payload version 2.9 Alpha, only available entry point is soundhax, and I've done the needed preparations for installation, such as wiping my save data. Upon trying to install oot3dhax using the sploitlauncher, it gets stuck on a green screen on the bottom screen... indefinitely. Please help! This is driving me mental... I've done everything correct, to my assumptions! And it still is not working!

just follow this guide to hack your 3ds https://3ds.guide/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1