Homebrew [Tutorial] How to Install OoT3DHax

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
having a similar issue, but I can't never make it work, just reboot message

How did you made it work?

needed proper internet, so I loaded homebrew channel from within emunand,. when I load it from the CTRbootmanager then it has no internet and cannot install the payload (which is loaded from http).

udelgadochio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
needed proper internet, so I loaded homebrew channel from within emunand,. when I load it from the CTRbootmanager then it has no internet and cannot install the payload (which is loaded from http).

Thanks but I mean the exploit on 11.2, I can install the payload but when I press the A button in the game it just sends me to home menu with a reboot message, no homebrew launcher.

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks but I mean the exploit on 11.2, I can install the payload but when I press the A button in the game it just sends me to home menu with a reboot message, no homebrew launcher.

did you install the payload exactly for 11.2 on the source system? then it should work. It worked for me.

OmegaGamerZer0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i followed all of the steps above, but I'm getting a crashed red screen every time I'm trying to load the sploit_installer. Is this because of my 9.5 fw? Or am I unable to install oot3dhax with this specific installer?

himuradrew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys! Can anyone help out?

I was recently able to get back my O3DS with Cakes CFW and homebrew (it's running 10.5)

Didn't update it or anything but since I got locked out of the HBL on my N3DSXL by stupidly updating said unit to 11.2, I said "what the hey" and decided to use the O3DS to install OOT3DHAX on my US cartridge. And here's what happened

1) downloads the new homebrew starter kit and updates the homebrew files on both the CFW/hombrewed O3DS and the 11.2 N3DSXL

2) inserts OOT3D and deletes all savegames

3) reboots O3DS and enters the hombrew launcher. works fine so far.

4) tries to install OOT3DHAX using the sploit installer

5) Failed to grab payload url Error code : D8A0A046

6) checked to be sure wifi and internet are configured properly. all seems to be in order

7) looked around for a solution and came across this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/install-oot3dhax-offline.446390/

8) downloads n3dsxl otherapp for 11.2.0-35U from smeas site. places required files in homebrew O3DS. follows instructions listed.

9) payload successfully installed using O3DS. installs the otherapp payload also on the root menu of the N3DSXL. for reference payload filename is N3DS_U_26624_usa_9221.bin (renamed it to payload.bin)

10) tries out cartridge in 11.2 N3DSXL. savegame loads fine. pushes A button and the game freezes and kicks me back to the home menu with a message that the system will need to restart.

Can anyone offer insights on what I missed? Thank you.

EDIT: Working now. Able to enter homebrew. Not sure why. Only thing I did was download the otherapp from smea's site and place it in ALL of the folders. Now I can enter homebrew again.

Last edited by himuradrew,

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Glad to hear it worked, but if you're running CFW you can just use the Homebrew Launcher .cia as opposed to using an entrypoint such as oot3dhax.

Hi, i followed all of the steps above, but I'm getting a crashed red screen every time I'm trying to load the sploit_installer. Is this because of my 9.5 fw? Or am I unable to install oot3dhax with this specific installer?
Could you provide more information? What entrypoint are you currently using? Maybe try updating your boot.3dsx, payload (if applicable) and install.3dsx, and make sure you're actually running sploit_installer_oot3dhax.

Last edited by Xiphiidae,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I couldn't get the powersaves working from the github download, so I use the Sploit Installer from a 9.2U 2DS I had, and loaded the four main payloads I needed to do DSiWare downgrades, then dumped each one to my PowerSaves myself. Now my PowerSaves looks like this:

powersaves oot3dhax.png

I have also backed up each one in JK Save Manager as well, so I don't have to use Sploit Installer on 9.2U anymore. Just PowerSaves or JKSM from now on.

Last edited by Jayro,

OmegaGamerZer0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys! Can anyone help out?

I was recently able to get back my O3DS with Cakes CFW and homebrew (it's running 10.5)

Didn't update it or anything but since I got locked out of the HBL on my N3DSXL by stupidly updating said unit to 11.2, I said "what the hey" and decided to use the O3DS to install OOT3DHAX on my US cartridge. And here's what happened

1) downloads the new homebrew starter kit and updates the homebrew files on both the CFW/hombrewed O3DS and the 11.2 N3DSXL

2) inserts OOT3D and deletes all savegames

3) reboots O3DS and enters the hombrew launcher. works fine so far.

4) tries to install OOT3DHAX using the sploit installer

5) Failed to grab payload url Error code : D8A0A046

6) checked to be sure wifi and internet are configured properly. all seems to be in order

7) looked around for a solution and came across this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/install-oot3dhax-offline.446390/

8) downloads n3dsxl otherapp for 11.2.0-35U from smeas site. places required files in homebrew O3DS. follows instructions listed.

9) payload successfully installed using O3DS. installs the otherapp payload also on the root menu of the N3DSXL. for reference payload filename is N3DS_U_26624_usa_9221.bin (renamed it to payload.bin)

10) tries out cartridge in 11.2 N3DSXL. savegame loads fine. pushes A button and the game freezes and kicks me back to the home menu with a message that the system will need to restart.

Can anyone offer insights on what I missed? Thank you.

EDIT: Working now. Able to enter homebrew. Not sure why. Only thing I did was download the otherapp from smea's site and place it in ALL of the folders. Now I can enter homebrew again.
Glad to hear it worked, but if you're running CFW you can just use the Homebrew Launcher .cia as opposed to using an entrypoint such as oot3dhax.

Could you provide more information? What entrypoint are you currently using? Maybe try updating your boot.3dsx, payload (if applicable) and install.3dsx, and make sure you're actually running sploit_installer_oot3dhax.

Thx for the reply, I'm using browserhax as my entrypoint for a 9.5-022 o3ds. I'm using the latest version of boot.3dsx (from the latest starter kit). Where is install.3dsx? I'm on the HBL and I'm positive I'm using the the latest sploit installer (again from latest starter pack).

I think I'm missing a payload though. This would make sense as I've heard a red screen signals missing files. Is this the other app and ropbin payloads found on the main site? If so, where do i put these payloads? Im guessing i have to rename them correct?

I apologize for my scrubery lol

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thx for the reply, I'm using browserhax as my entrypoint for a 9.5-022 o3ds. I'm using the latest version of boot.3dsx (from the latest starter kit). Where is install.3dsx? I'm on the HBL and I'm positive I'm using the the latest sploit installer (again from latest starter pack).
If you're using the latest starter pack (updated a couple of days ago) then you'd be using the latest installer.

I think I'm missing a payload though. This would make sense as I've heard a red screen signals missing files. Is this the other app and ropbin payloads found on the main site? If so, where do i put these payloads? Im guessing i have to rename them correct?
No, if you're using browserhax then don't worry about updating payloads.

I honestly don't know why you're seeing a red screen. Are you using a cartridge or an eShop copy of OoT3D? Do other homebrew apps work fine?

OmegaGamerZer0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're using the latest starter pack (updated a couple of days ago) then you'd be using the latest installer.

No, if you're using browserhax then don't worry about updating payloads.

I honestly don't know why you're seeing a red screen. Are you using a cartridge or an eShop copy of OoT3D? Do other homebrew apps work fine?

Im using a cartridge version of oot3d. Im having similar issues with save manager as well, but none title selection based programs like menuhax installer and chmm work just fine. This leads me to believe its some sort of title selection bug. Ive looked all over for solutions, but I've only found people with similar problems.

P.S. for my previous question regarding payloads, I was referring to oot3dhax and its payloads, not my entry point. Sorry in advance if i didn't understand your answer.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Im using a cartridge version of oot3d. Im having similar issues with save manager as well, but none title selection based programs like menuhax installer and chmm work just fine. This leads me to believe its some sort of title selection bug. Ive looked all over for solutions, but I've only found people with similar problems.
Could you show/tell me what the inside of 3ds folder on your SD card looks like?

P.S. for my previous question regarding payloads, I was referring to oot3dhax and its payloads, not my entry point. Sorry in advance if i didn't understand your answer.
The oot3dhax installer downloads the relevant payload, so don't worry about that.

Last edited by Xiphiidae,

OmegaGamerZer0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you show/tell me what the inside of 3ds folder on your SD card looks like?

The oot3dhax installer downloads the relevant payload, so don't worry about that.

Thats a relief on the payloads. Thanks for the clarification.
Heres my sd card. First pic is the root. Second is the 3ds folder containing the installer.

Sorry if its a bit small, there you go!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-12-27 at 2.27.03 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-12-27 at 2.27.03 AM.png
    82.3 KB · Views: 309
Last edited by OmegaGamerZer0,

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thats a relief on the payloads. Thanks for the clarification.
Heres my sd card. First pic is the root. Second is the 3ds folder containing the installer.
Sorry if its a bit small, there you go!
Strange, it looks fine.

When opening the HBL does it say *hax 2.8? If not, update your boot.3dsx and starter kit. Also, have you tried opening the oot3dhax installer multiple times, and do you get the same result (red screen) every time?

OmegaGamerZer0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Strange, it looks fine.

When opening the HBL does it say *hax 2.8? If not, update your boot.3dsx and starter kit. Also, have you tried opening the oot3dhax installer multiple times, and do you get the same result (red screen) every time?

It actually doesn't say hax 2.8 there. However, it says 1.1.1 in reference to the HBL. Do i need to update to the 1.2 HBL possibly? Also yes i get the same result every time i try opening the installer.

Last edited by OmegaGamerZer0,

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It actually doesn't say hax 2.8 there. Does this mean my files are inconsistent? However, it says 1.1.1 in reference to the HBL. Do i need to update to the 1.2 HBL possibly? Also yes i get the same result every time i try opening the installer.
No, I mean when the HBL is loading (the black screen with white text). It should say the *hax version at the top of the top screen.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ah my bad, yeah it does. *hax 2.8 beta
Have you cleared your OoT3D save game (by holding A+B+Y+X while booting the game normally) before loading the installer?

Also, and I should have mentioned this earlier, you should try to install menuhax (the manager/installer is included in the starter kit), and then trying to run the oot3dhax installer through menuhax rather than browserhax and see if that helps.

OmegaGamerZer0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you cleared your OoT3D save game (by holding A+B+Y+X while booting the game normally) before loading the installer?

Also, and I should have mentioned this earlier, you should try to install menuhax (the manager/installer is included in the starter kit), and then trying to run the oot3dhax installer through menuhax rather than browserhax and see if that helps.

Yeah I've cleared all of my saves already. Ill install menuhax and see if that alleviates the issue. Is there a certain reason why menuhax is better than browserhax for this? Just curious.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol