Homebrew [Tutorial] How to Install OoT3DHax

Owaishakir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't be used with menuhax 3.0.
ok i was going through an article and i saw this
  • OoT3Dhax can still be used, but actually using it to access HBL comes down to Nintendo physical memory RNG, which sucks (Nintendo RNG never seems to be on your side) and is not reliable at all.
soo if i keep trying it might work?

and i also saw this where we can use a r4 card to get homebrew is that true if yes how can i do that cause i have a r4 card

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i was going through an article and i saw this
  • OoT3Dhax can still be used, but actually using it to access HBL comes down to Nintendo physical memory RNG, which sucks (Nintendo RNG never seems to be on your side) and is not reliable at all.
soo if i keep trying it might work?

and i also saw this where we can use a r4 card to get homebrew is that true if yes how can i do that cause i have a r4 card
You can't use an R4 card to get Homebrew; whoever told you that was lying to your face. Oothax can be used on 11.0+, the installer however can't be used on 11.0+.

Reactions: Xiphiidae

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i will need to go online which i cant cause 2ds and menuhax
Getting a Powersaves would be your best bet, considering that it'd be cheaper than getting a copy of Cubic Ninja or Freakyforms Deluxe. You can install OoThax with Powersaves, and use that to run ctr-httpwn so you can download Steel Diver: Sub Wars and install Steelhax.

XC-3730C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my powersaves on ebay for $15 shipped. Don't get ripped off on Craigslist. It's the best way to get the saves on your cart.

Last edited by XC-3730C,

PascalLeroi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's been a while since I've updated, I'm on 11.0. I don't see the payload for 11.2 on smealums website, can I use the 11.1 payload to put on the gamecard? Or doesn't this method work anymore at all? Thanks in advance. (I won't update my system till I know for sure I can use homebrew again :P)

Last edited by PascalLeroi,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been a while since I've updated, I'm on 11.0. I don't see the payload for 11.2 on smealums website, can I use the 11.1 payload to put on the gamecard? Or doesn't this method work anymore at all? Thanks in advance. (I won't update my system till I know for sure I can use homebrew again :P)
People have confirmed that it works with the 11.1 payload.

PascalLeroi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
People have confirmed that it works with the 11.1 payload.

For some reason the save managers get stuck on a green light now, they were working perfectly before. Didn't change a thing :P oh well, I'll just look at it later on. So for now I can't confirm that is does work with that payload, cause I can't even open up the save manager.
Edit: savemanager does work for other games though...

Last edited by PascalLeroi,

Kreeeee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For some reason the save managers get stuck on a green light now, they were working perfectly before. Didn't change a thing :P oh well, I'll just look at it later on. So for now I can't confirm that is does work with that payload, cause I can't even open up the save manager.
Edit: savemanager does work for other games though...

I have the exact same issue too.

I perform the smashbroshax successfully to launch the homebrew application.

Then, using the latest homebrew starter kit (from here: https://smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/starter.zip) I run the sploit_installer_oot3dhax installer which successfully identifies that I have the correct version of OoT (with wiped save data), but the application then hangs on a green-yellow screen and never progresses any further.

I am on version 11.2.0-35E on a New 3DS XL.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the exact same issue too.

I perform the smashbroshax successfully to launch the homebrew application.

Then, using the latest homebrew starter kit (from here: https://smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/starter.zip) I run the sploit_installer_oot3dhax installer which successfully identifies that I have the correct version of OoT (with wiped save data), but the application then hangs on a green-yellow screen and never progresses any further.

I am on version 11.2.0-35E on a New 3DS XL.
The oothax installer does not work on 11.0+ due to the PASLR that Nintendo added in the 11.0.0-33 update. The installer has not been updated since. You also can't use any save managers unless you have CFW, iirc.

Kreeeee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The oothax installer does not work on 11.0+ due to the PASLR that Nintendo added in the 11.0.0-33 update. The installer has not been updated since. You also can't use any save managers unless you have CFW, iirc.

Thanks for the update, I was relying on the information being accurate here: https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Exploits

So can you confirm that even though I can boot homebrew using smashbroshax, I have no other current way of launching homebrew without also needing a PC to launch said hack?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the update, I was relying on the information being accurate here: https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Exploits

So can you confirm that even though I can boot homebrew using smashbroshax, I have no other current way of launching homebrew without also needing a PC to launch said hack?
I can't because I have no idea how smashbroshax works. But I would find another entrypoint nonetheless.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Unless you're fine with sticking with smashbroshax, your only option is to get a copy of OoT3D and a Powersaves (easier and cheaper), or get a copy of Cubic Ninja or Freakyforms Deluxe.

Last edited by Xiphiidae,

XC-3730C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just modded my N3DS XL with OoT3D and powersaves (each cost me $15, and easy to get). I can't reccomend it enough.

Last edited by XC-3730C,

PascalLeroi

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for this info :) I only wanted to change the payload, so my only option for now is with the working oothax, getting another exploit working, right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: