Homebrew [Tutorial] How to Install OoT3DHax

Roomsaver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so I have a question, my main 3ds is a n3dsxl with cfw11.0 and sysnand on 11.0 running a9lh and I am trying to install oothax on my card but it keeps coming back as failed to install payload. the 3ds I need the oot3dhax for is a o3ds on fw10.6 so my question is what am I doing wrong other than the fact that it doesnt give me the option to select fw 11.0 when running oot3dhax installler
You don't need OoT3Dhax on A9LH. Just install the homebrew launcher loader CIA.

JayArRosario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a small problem: I'm using a O3DS with 11.1.0-34E where I installed oothax with a ds flashcard. The save also is not corrupted, but if i start oot, launch the hax file and, yeah, 'do something', the game either crashes or freezes till eternity without showing any 'homebrewish'. I wonder wether I chose the wrong or an outdated savefile.
PS: I now used the proper saves, but i'm stuck at 'The home menu ropbin is ready', it just throws me out to the homescreen.
You have boot.3dsx don't you?

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i ran this and installed it to my OOThax but on 11.1 it just keeps restarting the system and says an error has occurred...what could the problem be?

I have the starter kit on the SD card, system 11.1 USA o3DS. it used to work fine, now it just restarts the 3ds.

Captain Library

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i ran this and installed it to my OOThax but on 11.1 it just keeps restarting the system and says an error has occurred...what could the problem be?

I have the starter kit on the SD card, system 11.1 USA o3DS. it used to work fine, now it just restarts the 3ds.
I'm having the same problem, but EUR N3DS.

EDIT: NVM I fixed it. I've reinstalled OoT3DHax for newer firmwares as I'm going to be getting a second N3DS in a few weeks. All I needed to do was disable N3DS Clock + L2 in Luma settings. Tested it and now works fine.

@VashTS unfortunately as you're on Old3DS this fix won't work for you :( how are you injecting the save file? Powersaves or through another entrypoint?

Last edited by Captain Library,

ChamacaWH

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, i have a little problem. I cannot use Oot3dhax in my 3DS with the lastest firmware (11.2). I tried to install the lastest .sav file from yellows8's main page by DSManager, but when I run the card on the 3DS, the game forces to delete the save data, showing this message "The save data is corrupted". The same with the "25600" sav. file. The remaining files were succesfully injected but they didn't work as HBL entrypoint. Does anyone have the sav. file in good conditions or what can I do to resolve this situation?

MGVoltJesk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Im a complete newb in 3ds hacking so i want to ask a question, I want to try the third method (the least convenient one since i don't have powersaves or homebrew already installed) The problem is... Does dsi work? Because I know there are r4 cards for dsi and I been hearing that I need a compatible r4 card. If you can answer me I would really appreciate it, Sorry for my awful and terrible English and for the lame question but I really want to homebrew my 3ds.

XC-3730C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a powersaves, and will install the special save file on Ocarina of Time 3D cart, how would I get Luma3DS on my 3DS? My New 3DS XL is on 10.7.0-32U firmware.

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a powersaves, and will install the special save file on Ocarina of Time 3D cart, how would I get Luma3DS on my 3DS? My New 3DS XL is on 10.7.0-32U firmware.

Ask an you shall receive, follow the bible: https://plailect.github.io/Guide/get-started

EDIT: I've done a N3DS XL USA and a N3DS LL JAP using this method starting at the exact same firmware you are. Just go nice and slow, double check you have files in right place, and read instructions carefully. You will be fine, took me about 20 mins each.

Ask if you have any questions!

Last edited by el_gonz87,

Noober

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How to install OoT3Dhax on Zelda from Selects ? I'm on 11.00.33 and Menuhax. When I try sploit_installer-oot3dhax all frezee.

Grokitach

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Last edited by Grokitach,
Reactions: hurrz

Owaishakir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so this will help me to access eshop using chttp (i think thats what its called) as u cant using menuhax and i can download feildrunners and do the downgrade process when it gets released?

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ok so this will help me to access eshop using chttp (i think thats what its called) as u cant using menuhax and i can download feildrunners and do the downgrade process when it gets released?
Yes, OoThax will allow you to use ctr-httpwn to access the eShop on 11.0 and higher, whereas Menuhax 3.0 can't.

Owaishakir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So will this only boot the homebrew app located inside the installer file? If so is it possible to have several applications in there so I can choose what to run?
ok i have a 2ds with menuhax and i did clear all the save files but when i run oot3shax it gets stuck on yellow screen

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ok i have a 2ds with menuhax and i did clear all the save files but when i run oot3shax it gets stuck on yellow screen

What version is your 2DS on? When you say that you get a yellow screen, when exactly does this happen? When trying to run the installer, or when try to run the hax itself in OoT?

please can someone help me?

Also, don't bump.

Owaishakir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What version is your 2DS on? When you say that you get a yellow screen, when exactly does this happen? When trying to run the installer, or when try to run the hax itself in OoT?

Also, don't bump.
the 2ds version is 11.0 and the yellow screen appears when i run the installer

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
the 2ds version is 11.0 and the yellow screen appears when i run the installer
There's your issue. The OoT3Dhax installer does not run on 11.0 or greater. You'll need to find a homebrew-ready 3DS on a lower system version or a Powersaves to install the hax'd save file. If you're running a digital copy of OoT3D, then you're out of luck, I'm afraid.

Owaishakir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's your issue. The OoT3Dhax installer does not run on 11.0 or greater. You'll need to find a homebrew-ready 3DS on a lower system version or a Powersaves to install the hax'd save file. If you're running a digital copy of OoT3D, then you're out of luck, I'm afraid.
of course after all that it cant be used o well r there anymore exploits?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright