Homebrew [Tutorial] How to Install OoT3DHax

TehVillylol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got question. Im trying to install this w/ O3ds 10.2,
I get stuck on payload download. Does 10-2-0 matter? or is something wrong? halp please ;-;
It says failed to install /save00.bin
Error code : (8804465github.io/ninjhax2/JK1f2KFVm/otherapp/POST5_U_22528_usa_9221.bin
help!

Edit+ nvm, just had to reset oot. ty for tutorial!

Last edited by TehVillylol,

Th_Winkler1

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Method 3 Worked for me without much problem! (ty good ol' DSlite) :3 (I didn´t have to buy anything to apply the exploit again ^.^) you are awesome dude!

Hah, you guys go the easy way cutting the bumps in the cartridges or changing cases, but why doing the same process on every 3ds card you want to backup/restore if you can just adapt the system to read them! ;) it took me like 1 hr using a conventional knife to cut the corner part, but the hardest part was bending the metal division as soon as I cut the plastic layer off, I havent applied the exploit yet, but the method is 100% working and games are still playing in my DS as always, even though i suggest doing it at your own risk, since brute force might break the cart detector... I backed up my saves with ease, but I can´t seem to find where the backup files ended up going... I don´t want to delete them if im not 100% sure I will be getting the saves back running :c
Halp plz?

Results:
1JaCbb8
(http://imgur.com/LaNB6ZR)
LaNB6ZR
(http://imgur.com/1JaCbb8)
bD4D80T
(http://imgur.com/bD4D80T)

Edit: (I renamed the dump.bin to *.sav and the save restore worked like a charm <3 )
Oot3dHax working after 2 tries, accidentally changed the theme of my 3ds deleting the hax in the first one :3

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got oot3d, started the game since I'm not going to have access to an r4 or powersaves for a while anyway. What was that @meladroit said about successfully having another save slot on there by faking an oot3dhax slot? And will someone PLEASE write that HANS relocation code? [as in having HANS load saves from SD]
One way or another, can someone help me get a proper save file and hax on my cartridge?
[edit] As in, I want to be able to play oot3d AND have hax. I don't care if the save file is on the SD.

Last edited by Swiftloke,

Mario4736

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What worked for me was I used svdt to backup save00 (basically the save from the first slot in OOT) and system.dat. I started up OoT with ABXY held to wipe all data off the card, then I told the OOTHax installer to install into the 2nd save slot. I then copied save00 and system.dat back over. Now I have my original backedup save + exploit installed and from what I can tell they both work just fine (though I haven't tried saving into my original save again). However 1 save is probably all you're going to fit on there, so if you have multiple saves you're out of luck..

HELP ME PLEASE!!! I have done like you,but when i try to copy save00.bin back in the savedata svdt says: "- there is no more space". so i only have the hax :(.

I also tried to start a new file from the game but when it says creating save data it crashes. (is really like there is no more space!!!) i'm using sky3ds. help

Last edited by Mario4736,

kiwiis

キウィイス
Trophies
XP
Country
HELP ME PLEASE!!! I have done like you,but when i try to copy save00.bin back in the savedata svdt says: "- there is no more space". so i only have the hax :(.

I also tried to start a new file from the game but when it says creating save data it crashes. (is really like there is no more space!!!) i'm using sky3ds. help

Unfortunately at the time of the post you quoted me on, Ninjhax 2.0 was the latest version. There's not enough space for two saves with the exploit since 2.5 increased the size of the payload.

Use Menuhax or IronHax if they're more convenient for you. They're more futureproof than BrowserHax.

Last edited by kiwiis,
Reactions: Deleted-236924

TrashyClassy

Professional Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia

just delete the save file of the hax because the hax takes too much space

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have an actual cartridge of OoT3D, you can't, unfortunately, because there isn't enough save space. There's enough for one save file and the payload, but it takes up pretty much all the available space.

With ninjhax 2.1, you could, because the payloads were 36KB, so there was still space for another save file, but since 2.5 the payloads are 42KB, which doesn't leave you with enough space.

If you had the digital version from the eShop, you would be able to do that, because the digital version has access to more space for saves.
And how have you managed to have that extra file? Just doing it?
Do I back up the file beforehand & restore it later?
And dammit will SOMEONE PLEASE write a HANS save relocator for us cartridge users if we can't have that extra file?

Last edited by Swiftloke,

teuf504

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hello,

I installed the hax savegame, I launch it, press A got the black screen with the text, it says "the homemenu ropbin is ready" the touch screen flicker with some colors then freeze at yellow.

Any idea on how to fix this ?

Edit: I tried again and it worked on the 8th time

Last edited by teuf504,

bbcali89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ahhh good times. I remember first using this guide to install OOT hax on my new3ds. a month later and I got 3 3ds's running emunands

:D

Lorderok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope somebody can help. I'm at my wit's end. I keep trying to use browserhax and I either get the ask to update or "browser cannot be used at this time" notification whenever I try to go to the address. i have an eshop copy of OOt, so I'm hoping I can use this to get CFW. What the heck can I do?
New 3DS XL
FW 10.1.27U

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto