[Tutorial] How to Install iOS 10 on your iOS Device NOW

Discussion in 'iPhone, iPod & iPad' started by RyDog, Jun 14, 2016.

1. RyDog
    OP

RyDog Lazy Animal Crossing hacker

Apr 26, 2015
    United States
    I don't recommend installing this on your daily phone/tablet but installing this on a secondary device would be nice to use to see all of Apple's features before they're public.
    I also don't claim responsibility if your iDevice does anything unintended. Use this guide at your own risk.
    Before I start this guide this is the requirements for you to install the beta/pre release of iOS 10 on your iOS device:
    -iPad 4+
    -iPad Mini 2+
    -iPhone 5+
    -iPod Touch 6th Gen
    -Your iDevice needs to be unjailbroken and it needs to be running iOS 9.3.x.
    If your device meets the requirements continue on with the tutorial :)
    Steps:
    • Go into settings on your iDevice, General and then Profiles and device management and make sure no previous Apple Beta profiles are installed. The profiles and device management section on your iPhone is used for enterprise apps to install profiles on your iDevice and to tweak settings to use specific API's. Apple uses a profile to tweak your iDevice to get developer updates. The tab should look like this and it may be blank or not show up if you don't have any profiles installed upload_2016-6-13_20-45-5.png
    • Before installing this, make sure your iDevice is backed up to iTunes and/or iCloud so that you may restore your stuff if you choose to downgrade later.
    • Once your iDevice is backed up, make sure your iDevice has a battery charge of 50% + or you have a charger ready to use, and download this profile right here or here
    • To download the profile make sure you're using safari and then click on the download button and then click direct download upload_2016-6-13_20-46-18.png
    • If it downloaded correctly, then your screen should look like this: upload_2016-6-13_20-48-26.png
    • Click install and enter your passcode and then agree and then restart to apply changes.
    • Once your iDevice restarts, go to Settings/General/Software update and a request for the update should appear upload_2016-6-13_20-52-3.png
    • Tap 'Download and Install' enter your passcode and your iDevice will download the large update.
    • It will download in the background so you're free to use your iDevice while it downloads
    • Once it is finished downloading a Pop-up asking for you to restart to install the update will appear and tap on 'restart now' and your iDevice will go through the normal OTA update process
    Once your update is done you have iOS 10 on your iDevice wayyyy before your friends :) This is the very first build of iOS 10 and it should be very laggy and buggy so don't complain to me if your device crashes every 10 seconds.

To downgrade back to iOS 9.3.2 (or 9.3.3)
    • Download the correct 9.3.2 .ipsw file for your iDevice found here
    • Make sure Find my iPhone is disabled
    • Connect your iDevice to your computer and launch iTunes
    • Click on your device and then Shift+click on Restore iDevice and then a file selector will pop up for you to manually select the .ipsw.
    • Open the .ipsw and then iTunes will verify if the .ipsw is correct and if Apple is still signing the firmware.
    • Once it's finished your iDevice should be back on 9.3.2 and all your stuff is gone
    • If you made a backup before iOS 10 restore it the same way you downgraded but don't press shift.
    • iTunes will then restore your settings and redownload your apps
    I hope you find this guide useful to download iOS 10 before any of your friends do :)

Last edited by RyDog, Jun 14, 2016
    SirBeethoven likes this.
  2. Filo97

Filo97 Zelda's totally my sister! Not lying!

Oct 8, 2015
    Italy
    Hyrule Castle
    Link is down.

3. RyDog
    OP

Apr 26, 2015
    United States
    Yeah Dropbox automatically takes down files if they recieve too much downloads. It wasn't my link, so next time I find a copy, I'll upload to MegaUploade or something

4. Filo97

Oct 8, 2015
    Italy
    Hyrule Castle
    i found a copy, please wait a sec

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

http://www.geeksn0w.it/ios10.mobileconfig

how do ifind out if my phone is GSM or GLOBAL?

5. RyDog
    OP

Apr 26, 2015
    United States
    Quoted from a different website

6. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    that's cool, i didn't know it was possible to do get beta updates without the device registered to a developer account :)

7. Trolling

Trolling This Username is taken. Problem?

Jul 29, 2012
    Netherlands
    Behind you
    IOS 10 is kinda lame.
    Just jailbreak your device.

8. RyDog
    OP

Apr 26, 2015
    United States
    The latest iOS versions don't have a jailbreak, and there's no way to downgrade so why not go up? :^)

I guess Apple finally realized nobody wanted to pay $100 just to get a free software update before others, and others were probably linking the beta .ipsw off of the developer site.

9. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    well i don't think apple changed anything... right? i guess they don't condone this profile sharing thing, and i guess it would have worked last year too - no?
    or is this something new that was not possible before? i assumed something new that was possible before, but nobody thought of it lol :D

10. Filo97

Oct 8, 2015
    Italy
    Hyrule Castle
    This IS a private beta that only who pays $100 can get. it's just tht somebody leaked it until apple will release the public beta

11. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    yeah but you can't simply install any ipsw, itunes has to verify with apple. so the ipsw alone is useless.

12. Filo97

Oct 8, 2015
    Italy
    Hyrule Castle
    CDMA is equal to "Global" right?

13. RyDog
    OP

Apr 26, 2015
    United States
    I'm not 100% sure but I think that's so

The config profile is new, it was introduced in iOS 9 iirc. I think it's supposed to check your UUID to make sure you registered your product at developer.apple.com but apple forgot to include it in this one. That's what happens when you shift install a ipsw though. Actually, the registration check takes place during a set up screen when you update or set up your device, which wasn't included in this update which is why everyone can update. Apple could patch this in Beta 2 and lock all non devs out of their devices so don't install beta 2 before we get a green light

14. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    ah ok, very interesting thanks :)

15. Sid2010

Sid2010 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2016
    India
    i have an iphone 5s(a1530)
    which isp file to download global or gsm?
    here its showing two models..so pls help me out.Im from india. :)thanks in advance

16. RyDog
    OP

Apr 26, 2015
    United States
    Try this one my friend :) https://ipsw.me/all#iPhone61