Homebrew [Tutorial] How to install 2.5 on themehax manually.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Pandaxclone2

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Well as far as eShop access goes, you should be just fine on that as 2.5 allows you to access the eShop even if you're on an older firmware (Case in point, I used it and I'm on 9.5)

And since your EmuNand firmware is on 10.2 it won't be able to install themehax.
I want it on SysNand. Not EmuNand.

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
All these hax and I'm confused. I just want to boot Gateway on a new, offline exploit. I cannot do it if MSET can't be downgraded to 4.5 on 2ds.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All these hax and I'm confused. I just want to boot Gateway on a new, offline exploit. I cannot do it if MSET can't be downgraded to 4.5 on 2ds.
You can't boot Gateway with themehax. Why? Because Gateway develops their own way to boot their product. Ask them to port a way to launch their product via themehax, not the other way around.

O3DS/2DS doesn't support downgraded MSET to boot Gateway on >4.5 firmware. You either get a 9.0-9.2 N3DS to use downgraded MSET or stay at firmware 4.5 on your O3DS/2DS.

Last edited by tivu100,

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I mean, I'm using a 2ds. Not some strange, foreign modded system. If themehax worked for the next 2ds user, why am I unable? I know what I'm doing and it's definately the correct way.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, I'm using a 2ds. Not some strange, foreign modded system. If themehax worked for the next 2ds user, why am I unable? I know what I'm doing and it's definately the correct way.
Some common problem when isntalling: merging folders-? solution delete old folder and copy new folder; can't use custom theme for themehax <2.0-> install themhax 2.0 + install custom theme via themehax 2.0; didn't create theme extra data-> lick on the home icon on top lft of bottom screen then go to change theme then exit; put files/folder in wrong folders, have <9.0 or 10.2 firmware.

matt!

Trophies
Website
www.gingerbeardman.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm still getting grey screen quite often (failing to launch boot.3dsx from restart or system settings)

Anybody else?

Confirmed 2.5hax, homemenuhax 2.0 and even replaced my top manually. No dice.

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I'm still getting grey screen quite often (failing to launch boot.3dsx from restart or system settings)

Anybody else?

Confirmed 2.5hax, homemenuhax 2.0 and even replaced my top manually. No dice.
2.5 is faulty. Keep trying or go to 2.0

riktheprick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am unfortunately a complete idiot who didn't do any research before trying to upgrade to 2.5. I managed to get blocked out of browserhax because I didn't block the dns and don't have any way to reinstall it from a primary method since I am on an old3ds.

Now, when I was going to upgrade to 2.5 and reinstall menuhax, I deleted all the previous files with the new payload. Themehax 1.3 is still installed (holding down L initiates the exploit). But since I no longer have the 2.1 payload or a way to obtain it, the 3ds simply boots into an error and tells me to restart. is there any way I can reobtain those files so that I don't completely lose my capability for homebrew or am I fucked? I feel like I should still be able to salvage the situation since the themehax exploit is still functional.
I originally had a backup of all my 3ds files but it seems I lost them when I upgraded my HDD.

EDIT:Nevermind I read the thread and figured it out, I was seriously shitting bricks for a minute there.

Last edited by riktheprick,

carloshmd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok. I have an Old 3DS with 9.9.0-26U.
I'm trying to do Browserhax following these steps: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...-themehax-manually.400784/page-5#post-5758200

But I'm missing something. When I turn the wireless on, the browser says I must update to use it.

Should I config the DNS? Clear cache somehow? Format the SD?

When it first warns 'to turn wireless on' should I close the browser? Read the QR with URL again?

PS - my 3ds is a virgin one. hope there is a solution! =)

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ok. I have an Old 3DS with 9.9.0-26U.
I'm trying to do Browserhax following these steps: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...-themehax-manually.400784/page-5#post-5758200

But I'm missing something. When I turn the wireless on, the browser says I must update to use it.

Should I config the DNS? Clear cache somehow? Format the SD?

When it first warns 'to turn wireless on' should I close the browser? Read the QR with URL again?

PS - my 3ds is a virgin one. hope there is a solution! =)

You've already triggered the update nag in your browser. Once you've done that those instructions are useless. I'd suggest you try grabbing a copy of Ocarina of Time and Powersave, or a copy of Cubic Ninja.

carloshmd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You've already triggered the update nag in your browser. Once you've done that those instructions are useless. I'd suggest you try grabbing a copy of Ocarina of Time and Powersave, or a copy of Cubic Ninja.

Even if I format system memory? Damn... I should have read it well before... it wasn't with the nag earlier today... after months playing only when travelling...

Rayan92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all I have the same issue as carloshmd , I'm on 2DS v.9.9.26E and Ive tried installling browserhax. However I get the force nag update message on my browser so i can't launch it.

So here I am trying to get MenuHax to work since all other hax are unavailable to me.

so can someone tell me if it's possible for me to launch menuhax? and tell me how to do it? forgive my noobness.

All i have is this page : https://github.com/yellows8/3ds_homemenuhax

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi all I have the same issue as carloshmd , I'm on 2DS v.9.9.26E and Ive tried installling browserhax. However I get the force nag update message on my browser so i can't launch it.

So here I am trying to get MenuHax to work since all other hax are unavailable to me.

so can someone tell me if it's possible for me to launch menuhax? and tell me how to do it? forgive my noobness.

All i have is this page : https://github.com/yellows8/3ds_homemenuhax

Menuhax requires that you have a homebrew exploit already to install it, as it's a secondary hax. You'll need either a Cubic Ninja game, Ironfall before it was updated to the current version (Which if you didn't already have it by now or you updated it is no good), or Ocarina of Time 3D with a Powersave device. I personally suggest you keep an eye out for Cubic Ninja at a low price as it's a very good failsafe in case something goes wrong with any of your other exploits.

Once you have one of these exploited you can install Menuhax.

Last edited by Pandaxclone2,

Rayan92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Menuhax requires that you have a homebrew exploit already to install it, as it's a secondary hax. You'll need either a Cubic Ninja game, Ironfall before it was updated to the current version (Which if you didn't already have it by now or you updated it is no good), or Ocarina of Time 3D with a Powersave device.

Once you have one of these exploited you can install Menuhax.

Alright thank you very much for the info Pandaxclone2! I will try to get my hands on a cubic ninja game. if other methods ever get released please let me know if ever you can :)!!! cheers

Rayan92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry just to make sure , I know this isn't the corresponding thread but the sole purpose of me getting homebrew is to be able to use PKHEX on my Pokemon ORAS cartridge save.
So is getting homebrew the only way to get generated pokemon on my save? thanks in advance all

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    the author has the final aproval
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Canada: America's Russia