Homebrew [Tutorial] How to install 2.5 on themehax manually.

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
so for shortcut for those who already have themehax before is:
a. download the otherapp hax to update ropbin payload
b. download the starterkit

if i already installed the "no hold L to boot on HBL" (autoboot) before on 2.1
it will still work if i do the steps a & b that i mentioned. am i right?

Download the ropbin payload, not the otherapp. There should be two buttons there. Also make sure you rename the payload to the match the menuhax file in your SD card and extract the contents of the starterkit into the root of your SD card as well. Also correct.

@Princess Emily Odd. Those settings worked fine for me and they should work for you too. What about loading it from the HANS app by selecting it as the title?

Last edited by Pandaxclone2,
Reactions: noctis90210

WallK

Get off my lawn
Trophies
XP
Country
I've got a yellow bottom screen with updated ropbin payload. The original one from themehax works fine, it's just not 2.5, so eshop and other new things doesn't work. N3DSXL 9.9E

Princess Emily

Smiles innocently...
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
USER=370363]@Princess Emily[/USER] Odd. Those settings worked fine for me and they should work for you too. What about loading it from the HANS app by selecting it as the title?

I'll choose eShop in the HANS selection screen right?
I think I've tried it, but it just automatically goes into that black screens again :/
How do I reset HANS & redo it?

Umm green screen...? Umm let me check...

EDIT: Seems it's now working all of a sudden @_@, but the eShop is still loading forever >_<
And yeah I saw a green screen for a split-second before I went to the eShop intro screen.

Last edited by Princess Emily,

WallK

Get off my lawn
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you rename it like your original menuhax payload?
Yeah, I did.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'll choose eShop in the HANS selection screen right?
I think I've tried it, but it just automatically goes into that black screens again :/
How do I reset HANS & redo it?

Umm green screen...? Umm let me check...
I think you just don't have 2.5, try using eshop/hans in browserhax.

Pandaxclone2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah, I did.

I think you just don't have 2.5, try using eshop/hans in browserhax.

It should be working then. You didn't happen to name it "menuhax_ropbinpayload.bin" did you? That's how you rename it in the o3DS, not the N3DS.

@Princess Emily That's good. Hopefully it should stay that way.

Princess Emily

Smiles innocently...
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
How do I get the 2.5? What's that 2.5 thing? The version of the payload?

EDIT: I'm back to that dreaded black screen again ><
How do I reset HANS instead of it always doing automatic?

Last edited by Princess Emily,

WallK

Get off my lawn
Trophies
XP
Country
It should be working then. You didn't happen to name it "menuhax_ropbinpayload.bin" did you? That's how you rename it in the o3DS, not the N3DS.
No, I named it ropbinpayload_menuhax_EUR19456_new3ds.bin or something like this. I copied the name of the original bin, that was in my SD root.

How do I get the 2.5? What's that 2.5 thing? The version of the payload?
Yes. Go get it here: http://smealum.github.io/3ds/

NegaBBB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
This tutorial will become inert once yellows8 makes his themehax installer work with 2.5, but for now here is how you can get 2.5 working through themehax manually.

1. First you must go to Smea's 3DS site here, http://smealum.github.io/3ds/ and download the new starterkit and your system ropbin payload which you can get by inputting your system update, region and 3DS type. If you can't find the starterkit, here is the link: https://smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/starter.zip
  2. Next, you'll need to extract the contents of the starterkit.zip and place it into the root of your SD card.(You can use WinZip/WinRar/whatever equivalent of a zip program you have for this) This should replace your old boot.3dsx and 3ds folder, but don't worry; whatever apps you have in there should be safe. If you wish, you can make a backup of your SD card contents in case.
  3. Now this step differs depending on whether you own an o3DS or n3DS. For o3DS users, rename your ropbin payload to "menuhax_ropbinpayload.bin" and place it in the root of your SD card. If you get an overwrite file message, that's normal; we're replacing the older payload with a new one, so click the replace option. For N3DS users, it's best to just copy the name of the old menuhax payload you have installed already and rename your payload according to that.
  4. Boot up themehax and if you see a green screen, that's an indication you now have 2.5 installed! Congratulations!
If for whatever reason you don't have themehax installed or uninstalled it, you can still get it back at this time by using the offline installer. Keep in mind that you'll need a second hax to install this. Also keep in mind that this offline installer installs 2.1 only and is intended as a way to re-install themehax to usable condition.

Here is the offline installer: https://t.co/3oAwnrleZo

Things this tutorial probably needs:
  • A video explaining the steps here.
  • Maybe some images.
  • A better writer than I. (Ok, jk for that last one.)
Thanks to:
@enhasa for supplying steps to installing the ropbin payload on n3DS systems.

Thanks for the tutorial :), i followed the instrutions but my 3ds freezes and i can not get to homebrew, i got yellow screen on bottom. If someone would help me i would really appricate it :).

Pandaxclone2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Then I'm stumped. Did you download from the otherapp button or the ropbin button? Another thing you could try is taking the offline installer, extracting it to your 3ds folder and then dumping an un-modified (By that I mean not re-named) payload into the "otherapp" folder then installing it like that.

Princess Emily

Smiles innocently...
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Anyway here's what I did. I input 10.1.0-27U to get the Ropbin payload, renamed it to "menuhax_ropbinpayload.bin", and just left there in the root of my SD card.

I got the latest boot.3dsx, also in the root of the SD card. My Offline Themehax installer folder is in the "3ds" folder (the one that contains others like SaveManager, svdt, etc...).

Do I need to put that "menuhax_ropbinpayload.bin" somewhere else?

WallK

Get off my lawn
Trophies
XP
Country
Then I'm stumped. Did you download from the otherapp button or the ropbin button? Another thing you could try is taking the offline installer, extracting it to your 3ds folder and then dumping an un-modified (By that I mean not re-named) payload into the "otherapp" folder then installing it like that.
I tried even that. I won't even install.
Failed to parse payload.

Maybe I'll just wait for updated themehax installer and use browserhax meanwhile?

Last edited by WallK,

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
hi , i don't have themhax installed or even homemenu too
i only use cubic ninja or ironhax

what i do with ropbin ?

Pandaxclone2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I tried even that. I won't even install.
Failed to parse payload.

Maybe I'll just wait for updated themehax installer and use browserhax meanwhile?

That'd be the best thing to do. This tutorial is unfortunately geared more towards o3DS than n3DS. Those aren't my waters to tread.

Maybe the offline installer, which only uses 2.1 according to the OP... isn't compatible with the Homeshop?

2.1 isn't compatible with the homeshop. The offline installer is like I've stated, only intended to get themehax running in the first place in the event you don't have it or un-installed it. That's it. Once you've done that however, the instructions above the installer should work in manually installing 2.5 over that.

Princess Emily

Smiles innocently...
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
2.1 isn't compatible with the homeshop. The offline installer is like I've stated, only intended to get themehax running in the first place in the event you don't have it or un-installed it. That's it. Once you've done that however, the instructions above should work in manually installing 2.5 over that.
So all I have to do is to replace the Offline Themehax folder to the one from the updated "starter kit" folder yes?

Pandaxclone2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Since you already have themehax on there, just get rid of the themehax installer and don't use it. You've no more use for it as it's already served it's purpose. Then try the steps from the OP again and it should work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast