• Perfect?

Votes: 160 17.4%

• Total voters

ChrisN8

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Got problem, i found an old rom hack i've done long time ago & when i try extract its contents i get a "3dstool.exe stop working".
Did you guys have any clues about how i can fix that ?

dada78641

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I was wondering if someone could help me. I'm trying to extract the icon for one of the LibRetro emulators (nestopia_libretro.cia). When I run the extractor, I get:
  • DecryptedExeFS.bin
  • DecryptedExHeader.bin
  • HeaderNCCH0.bin
  • LogoLZ.bin
That's all, and I don't see the icon and banner. I could generate new ones from png files using 3DSBannerMaker or bannertool, but as far as I know I'm supposed to replace the banner.bin and icon.bin files after extraction, right?

Maybe the LibRetro CIA is just not suitable for this?

les8ean

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
so i'm not super good with complex computer stuff, but i wanted to use this and PK3DS to do a randomized pokemon sun rom. but i'm trying to extract the files (it's a .3ds file) and it's been going for hours and still says 'extraction in progress'. is this normal? like is it meeant to take this long? also the files that have been extracted so far aren't in folders, they're all .bin files
have i done something wrong? any help would be greatly appreciated

D

Deleted User

if you want to install cia put it on your 3ds sd card and install with fbi (this must be encrypted)
if you are using citra emulator go to file and install cia (this must be decrypted)
Not to install, but to, y'know...
Actually decrypt it.

gaberilde

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

gaberilde

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I only got the DecryptedManual and O3DSUpdate,how did i get the others folder?
1. Make sure game/app is checked in the app
2. Its possible your file is corrupted, you can use DebugPaste to send a log of your rom file to me so i can review to see if it is good or not.

Brokuify

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I am running into a problem and I can't figure out how to fix it. I'm following all the steps on this page to a T, but when the extraction finishes I'm left with these .bin files and the one folder. I'm not quite sure why it's doing it like that, whether it's just a bad 3DS file or I'm missing something IDK.

PackHack 8_3_2019 8_09_07 AM.png

gaberilde

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I am running into a problem and I can't figure out how to fix it. I'm following all the steps on this page to a T, but when the extraction finishes I'm left with these .bin files and the one folder. I'm not quite sure why it's doing it like that, whether it's just a bad 3DS file or I'm missing something IDK.

View attachment 175132
The bin files are the filesystem files but all compressed to one if you need to get the files try my program GabrieloRomToolsGUI its the only updated with all the features for extracting/rebuilding rom files.
More info here https://gbatemp.net/threads/gabrieloromtoolsgui.517483/#post-8268235

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
@Asia81 Do the games have to be encrypted?

Trying to patch Super Smash Bros 3DS with 1.1.7 update and DLC. It repacks fine when opening the game its just a black screen. This is with decrypted rom.

Neonblack91

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi, how can I re-edit the game? I want to edit the TM's and random encounter. But every time the program says the file is too big. Please help me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol