ROM Hack [Tutorial] Edit the HomeMenu

ZoNtendo

Trophies
XP
Country
Without knowing any background behind it.
I don't know who you are to say to everyone "u know nothing"
there is not only an "l33t haxxxor"
I think there is some people who do awesome thing without sharing anything here

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Without knowing any background behind it.
and isn't you who confuse an debbuger with an disassembler ?

You don't get the point.
I said: The people who did share something stopped sharing.
How should I know of anyone else if they didn't share anything?

When @Traiver (who did share a lot) answered I asked whichthe Future olans were and without knowing anything of what they did before you post a stupid comment about "what are you doing? Text changes?" And then follow up with how awesome @MasterLel is, from which I haven't seen anything shared. So if he knows all of that he could show something. If he doesn't I have no reason to keep talking about him if I can't expect anything to be shared anyway.
And if none of what they shared (and if @TheDeKay and @Traiver did reversing on the HM code, which they apparently did, that is special to me) is special. Then show me something that would be special.
I have asking what they can do, real stuff ? or open a file to change a stupid text ?

And what they can do, if they don't change the color/skin/bclyt ?

Last edited by ZoNtendo,

Zan'

2F88744FEED717856386400A44BBA4B9CA62E76A32C715D4F
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know who are you to say to everyone "u know nothing"
there is not only an "l33t haxxxor"
I think there is some people who do awesome thing without sharing anything here
You don't get the point.
I said: The people who did share something stopped sharing.
How should I know of anyone else if they didn't share anything?

When @Traiver (who did share a lot) answered I asked whichthe Future olans were and without knowing anything of what they did before you post a stupid comment about "what are you doing? Text changes?" And then follow up with how awesome @MasterLel is, from which I haven't seen anything shared. So if he knows all of that he could show something. If he doesn't I have no reason to keep talking about him if I can't expect anything to be shared anyway.
And if none of what they shared (and if @TheDeKay and @Traiver did reversing on the HM code, which they apparently did, that is special to me) is special. Then show me something that would be special.

Zan'

2F88744FEED717856386400A44BBA4B9CA62E76A32C715D4F
Trophies
XP
Country
and isn't you who confuse an debbuger with an disassembler ?
Please google disassembler.
A debugger is used to attach to a program or run code binaries. Without a debugger you wouldn't be able to disassemble the code on the first place. So please tell me who is confusing things

ZoNtendo

Trophies
XP
Country
Please google disassembler.
A debugger is used to attach to a program or run code binaries. Without a debugger you wouldn't be able to disassemble the code on the first place. So please tell me who is confusing things
yes it's more easy to use the disassembler when you have a bit of knoweldge.

Changing HM colour is nothing impressive when someone did it before someone

MasterLel

Cooonfusion of da highest orda
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
It was the only thing you contributed to this. And it was one of the easiest things to find. I am just saying you didn't contribute anything except that.

Easier said than done eh... At least I contributed the most important thing (since you guys are mostly changing colors). I think I deserve more than "he didn't do shit". To be honest I don't really care anymore about HM customization, it's nothing special afterall. Just rom hacking.

Reactions: Arck

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
This is cool, I can put my contact info and name in there, in case it gets stolen. :D (Highly unlikely unless someone breaks in, and knows where I keep my 2DS)

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I made some changes and improved some things and made a package that can batch unpack system CIAs (maybe games too, who knows) and batch rebuild them so you can edit basically anything with ease as long as tools exist for doing the actual editing. Takes a couple of minutes to unpack the entire 1.7.0 update folder (which was decrypted beforehand with Decrypt9)
It was made for my own use but maybe someone else will have some use out of it too.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8225581/3DS_System_Modding_Package.rar

Edit: Made some changes, it couldn't repack certain CIAs (CFA-only and titles missing a Logo.bcma.LZ) before. Now it repacks every title except TWL titles because they require a RSF file for some reason.
30 seconds to unpack the full 10.7 update pack (111 CIAs), 30 seconds to repack all of them except the 3 TWL titles. Pretty nice.

Edit: TWL titles can now be repacked. The DS flashcart whitelist still fails. It doesn't seem to be a CFA or a SRL. Looks like it could be some custom binary format. Not sure if a tool exists that can repack it.
Which color format are we supposed to use for png2bclim? (for logos) thnx
I can't seem to get full screen sized images to work with ctr-logobuilder. :/

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Which color format are we supposed to use for png2bclim? (for logos) thnx
I can't seem to get full screen sized images to work with ctr-logobuilder. :/
I used RGBA8888 and that worked, but according to ihaveamac the official ones use A4. Just make sure it's no bigger than 8 KB, since it has to be padded to exactly 8 KB to work.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I used RGBA8888 and that worked, but according to ihaveamac the official ones use A4. Just make sure it's no bigger than 8 KB, since it has to be padded to exactly 8 KB to work.
Im trying to use a 400x240 and a 320x240 with that color format. The total compressed darc is only 3KB but it still won't work. It just crashes to the home screen. :/

tomx86

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hey guys it's me again, can someone please tell me what to write in the .BAT file to extract and then after editing create back "message_EU_LZ.bin" with 3dstool.exe? EFE opens the file but allow only to export the .msbt files and not to import them, please help:bow:
PS. And how to make the "EU_English.LZ" file be editable by "MSBT.Editor.Reloaded" and not by a Hex Editor:bow:

Last edited by tomx86,

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You don't have to use a bat script.
You need to decompress them using LZ11 decompression, extrat with darctool.py, edit what you want, repack with darctool.py, and recompress the files using a LZ11 compression

tomx86

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You need to decompress them using LZ11 decompression, extrat with darctool.py, edit what you want, repack with darctool.py, and recompress the files using a LZ11 compression
It only extracted "message_hud", and froze:
upload_2016-5-13_23-40-53.jpeg

Last edited by tomx86,

tomx86

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I need to inject "mcopy.msbt" into message_mcopy\EU_English, inside the "message_EU_LZ.bin" file how to do that with darctool.py?
"darc.py -i message_EU_LZ.bin" and then what to write?

yacepi15

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I was trying to install a font change (Avenir) but the installation failed. I exited to the home menu,anything was ok,but i rebooted the console and the emuNAND doesnt want to boot. There is anything that i can do?

Reactions: chronoss

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)