Homebrew [Tutorial] A Little Guide on the New waithax/slowhax

NANASHI89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There goes my homebrew I had prior... least that's all I lost. Oh, well. Guess I'll wait for the next HBL exploit, and then I'll get what I lost prior back...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fally07scape

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Make sure you're using the correct ropbin payload, that was my issue during a partial downgrade. Now that you updated you probably need the one for 11.2

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Without the proper one you're either going to get hang or it just won't work at all.....given I'm not an expert by any means but doing this allowed me to access HBL

NANASHI89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you're using the correct ropbin payload, that was my issue during a partial downgrade. Now that you updated you probably need the one for 11.2

Without the proper one you're either going to get hang or it just won't work at all.....given I'm not an expert by any means but doing this allowed me to access HBL
So there's still a chance I can downgrade from 11.2 to 9.2?

eneruku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, idk if this has been asked, but what do I do with the NFIRM file I downloaded? It doesn't say in your section of the guide what to do with it

Edit: Nvm, didn't see it. I'm blind with excitement

Last edited by eneruku,

NANASHI89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, @HolyHobo. Got my HBL back, still have exidiahax, and I'm on 11.2. Can I still downgrade my 3DS with only 1 3DS, or is this another one of those "too bad, so sad" moments?

NANASHI89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@HolyHobo I was on 11.2, have downgraded to 10.4 with exidiahax, now 3Dsident says my Kernal version is 2.52-0. Same with my FIRM version.

Am I still good? If so, what next?

NANASHI89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should have kernel at 2.50-0
It was, but then, after installing the 9.2 firmware, it gave me an error message that wouldn't go away until I was on recovery mode. I had to upgrade to 11.2, and re-install my HBL. Still have exidiahax tho.

No, retry the dsiwarehax downgrade
As in waithax? Should I delete the data from the exidiahax save, first?

HolyHobo

That guy you see around but don't know
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was, but then, after installing the 9.2 firmware, it gave me an error message that wouldn't go away until I was on recovery mode. I had to upgrade to 11.2, and re-install my HBL. Still have exidiahax tho.
Just retry the dsiware downgrade and be sure the contents of the NFIRM.zip are still in the dgTool folder

As in waithax? Should I delete the data from the exidiahax save, first?
No just go into legends of exidia and retry 10.4 downgrade and be sure the contents of NFIRM.zip are in your dgTool folder

HolyHobo

That guy you see around but don't know
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@HolyHobo I think I found the problem. I am on 11.2, and the contents of the dgTool folder are from the
Yes put the 11.2 NFIRM into your dgTool folder but again, waithax doesn't work on 11.2 so no! Keep your save data exploit! Just go back into legends of exidia and try again

Last edited by HolyHobo,

NANASHI89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK! Back to 2.50-11, and all of the necessary CIAs are in the updates folder on the root of the microSD card.

Anything else I need to look at before I retry the downgrade to 9.2, @HolyHobo ?

frobinson54

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just finished the 10.4 Downgrade part of the guide successfully, and my 3dsident numbers match the ones in your guide. However, the system settings says that I'm still on 11.0. Is that okay? Am I ready for the 9.2 downgrade part now?
Thanks in advance for this excellent guide and all of the amazing tools that everyone has written and contributed!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Diddy - "I never touched her, that bitch is crazy." Video is released. Diddy - " Ok I did it, i am remorseful for my actions during my darkest times." Lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Glad that the Diddler got caught once again.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Iran ran out of options
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought I saw a puttie snatch...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself) and I had a spare XSX and Switch I ended up selling him at pretty steep cuts. I would just give them to him, but I did buy them with the intent to sell them... and college is super expensive.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A little yeah...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, [insert wut here]
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm a little hi, but bout to fix that.
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'm a little hi, but bout to fix that. +1