Homebrew Cannot open Homebrew (ErrorDisp)

Jckistan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Been on several forums, including Reddit and the Homebrew Discord, but no one seems to have a solution.
  • I've gone through the Homebrew process according to the guide on my 2DS. All seems to be good, I have godmode9 installed along with the Homebrew app, Checkpoint, etc.
  • When I launch Homebrew, I get an error saying the SD Card was removed. I know for a fact that it hasn't, since the card is still in there and I can read/write data to it.
  • All folders aside from Nintendo 3DS are empty on the SD (doesn't seem right to me), attached is the root directory.
  • During boot, the notification light flashes orange. Apparently this is to do with a corrupted boot.firm file, but I think I replaced this with a clean copy and it persisted.
Any help would be appreciated :)

Attachments

• XJ5EI2J.png
    XJ5EI2J.png
    43.4 KB · Views: 38

Jckistan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Have you tried copying over the data to another SD card? It might be faulty.
I originally set up Homebrew on a 4GB class 4 SDHC card which has been in my DS since I got it in 2014. I started having issues with it mid-install so when these issues arose I tried swapping to a class 6 32GB SDHC (the current card). I've tested the current card using a full format and an SD checker and no issues came up.

Jckistan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can you start HB Launcher with Rosalina injection?
Do you mean opening Rosalina to swap Download Play out for Homebrew? If so, then I was able to but last time I tried the system crashed and reverted it back to Download Play. I'm hesitant to retry since I don't want to cause too much irrepairable damage. I do have a NAND backup from the guide (I think).

But to my knowledge, no, I can't launch it.

Edit: just attempted. I got a crash "undefined instruction" when booting into the injected Download Play. What also doesn't help is the error dump is saved to CTRNAND, which I don't think I can access with a non-functional Homebrew file explorer.

Jckistan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hold the Start button while booting your 3DS and you'll be in GodMode9 - you don't need the homebrew launcher for a CTRNAND file explorer.
Yeah, someone on the Homebrew Discord reached out past couple days and helped sort this out for me. They managed to help me copy the uncorrupt CTRNAND via gm9 (fixing that issue) as well as reinstalling the homebrew apps using Rosalina on Download Play. Turns out, the installs seemed to have bugged out since reinstalling them gave me working apps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu