Hacking [Tutorial] 4.5 SysNAND + 4.5 CFW + 9.4 EmuNAND without Gateway

Shakaz

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have a question, i made mi emunand in 4.2 and my sysnand is 4.2, im missing some games because is not 4.5?, and if so, how can i upgrade to 4.5 (safely) and make all the steps again.

RJ Sly 95

Trophies
XP
Country
It actually is very cool. If you have legit games, like most of us do now, it enables online play since you can update the titles. My biggest concern with downgrading is losing online play or playing altogether! Smash needs 8.1 or higher, so its either a lengthy restore process or don't play. Now I just have to switch SD cards and enter the settings, BAM.

For now, piracy only works on 4.x CFW, so only a limited # of titles works. From what I understand, Govanify leaked the CFW and the 7.x encryption key, no one has taken the reigns on furthering the CFW though. I'm sure it's possible but you'd have to reverse engineer gateway.
Since with 4.x cfw you should be able to run games up to 6.x, would you be able to run Pokemon x/y .cia with saving? I don't have cfw as I alreasy have r4i, but I would install it if I could play Pokemon with that.

Oh and I'm reading about firmware spoofing + cfw, how does it work?

By the way I used the guide and succesfully installed the 9.4 emunand. Thanks OP!

Nuxx20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since this setup requires you to swap SD cards, I guess it won't really appeal to N3DS owners (whenever the exploit is released)

tavaryn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just out of curiosity, has anyone tried this on Linux? I'm tempted to just run the stuff in Wine, but I don't want to risk bricking my 4.4 3DS. :(

Reactions: Margen67

alpha_noj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will the 9.4 EmuNAND allow me to continue using 6.X retail carts with saves on them, even though the system would be downgraded to 4.X?

Kross0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I have some noob questions about this CFW

1- I want to buy some new games (like Fantasy Life and MH4) to play online but, I still can play online if I use 9.4 emunand? also there a way that Nintendo can ban if I use this?

2- There's no way that I can play online with CIA games? like Luigi Mansion or Mario Kart 7

3- It's dangerous downgrade my console? I understand there a posibility (like in Wii) but I need know if there are people in this forum that got one, also if there a way to unbrick the console

4- Can I use a Micro SD card with a adaptor? I only have the default 2GB SD card which come with my 3DS

This CFW actually looks pretty good, I hope they can update in a future near, seems hopeful
PS: sorry if my english it's bad

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering when this would happen. With the new web exploit I couldn't see much use for the GW card outside of a few things. I wouldn't be surprised if GW starts pulling 3.0 FW and comes up with something new because of this too, but they should have saw it coming.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since with 4.x cfw you should be able to run games up to 6.x, would you be able to run Pokemon x/y .cia with saving? I don't have cfw as I alreasy have r4i, but I would install it if I could play Pokemon with that.

Oh and I'm reading about firmware spoofing + cfw, how does it work?

By the way I used the guide and succesfully installed the 9.4 emunand. Thanks OP!

FW Spoofing only works if the game is 6.x or lower, since 7.x implemented a new protection scheme. If it requires 6.x, you spoof it to 4.x or below and it runs but some have issues, I heard Pokemans can't save but I'm not a Pokeman-lover so I haven't played with it.

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
Trophies
XP
Country
You cannot downgrade 9.4, or even use Gateway on 9.4. The exploit does not work on 9.3 or above.

If you have not yet updated to 9.4, stay on your older firmware and use the Gateway launcher to set up an EmuNAND. This can then be updated to 9.4 without updating your console.

I've got version 8.1.0-8E, and I've tried to create a emuNAND using go.gateway-3ds.com, as described in this article (skipping the ds settings exploit as I don't own a compatible card, and using gateway's exploit instead), but when booting the emuNAND, it just hangs.
I've tried downgrading to 4.5, and emuNAND works there, but when updating, it hangs too.
Am I doing something wrong here?

alpha_noj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, just update your emunand and boot classic mode with the MT launcher

The other NAND thread seems to contradict this and state that if you downgrade to 4.5, any carts that require 6.x or above (the new save format) are unuseable. Anyone able to confirm this??

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downgraded to 4.2, then made an emunand, updated that to 9.4, and I can confirm ORAS boots in 9.4 emunand, but with a corrupt save. This is because my save was made on a sysnand 9.2, and it uses the 7.x encryption key. 9.4 emunand does NOT use the 7.x encryption key, so it will not decrypt properly. However, if i were to start a new game, it should save and load fine with the old encryption key (theory).
Another theory... maybe one could look into the launcher.dat for MT, and find the old encryption key in hex, maybe that can be replaced with the 7.x ones (though this may be hard if launcher.dat is encrypted/compressed). This will allow for newer games to be ran, but it might break older games saves (which might run on 4.5 CFW anyways?)

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downgraded to 4.2, then made an emunand, updated that to 9.4, and I can confirm ORAS boots in 9.4 emunand, but with a corrupt save. This is because my save was made on a sysnand 9.2, and it uses the 7.x encryption key. 9.4 emunand does NOT use the 7.x encryption key, so it will not decrypt properly. However, if i were to start a new game, it should save and load fine with the old encryption key (theory).
Another theory... maybe one could look into the launcher.dat for MT, and find the old encryption key in hex, maybe that can be replaced with the 7.x ones (though this may be hard if launcher.dat is encrypted/compressed). This will allow for newer games to be ran, but it might break older games saves (which might run on 4.5 CFW anyways?)

I had a similar experience. My smash save was "corrupt" when I played for the first time on emuNAND 9.4. Not a big deal since I didn't go much but still annoying.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good deal. I love Sun chips. I also love Rye chips, and had to order some from Amazon cause can't find in stores much anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking subways like that'll be $3
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny how they replaced the $5 foot long sub, with a 1" wide $5 foot long cookie or cinna stick, cheap asses
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They still have but it's like $10 cookies honestly not a bad deal for $5
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bidenomics
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes