Hacking Turns off ?

BrainEatinEwok

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey umm I just got my Acekard 2i and all is good but when I take a break and I close my dsi it turns off... Is there a way I could fix it so it puts it in sleep mode?

th3drow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mine never had a problem with it, maybe you have a bad firmware on there or something, are you using stock acekard files from their site? Try AKAIO

Djay187

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah I get almost the same thing with my AK2i and my XL, every time I close the lid either the game freezes or the XL switches off when I reopen the lid. I meant to post a topic to see if this is common or if there's something I can do about but forgot to do it. I'm running the latest AKAIO 1.7 but it was doing it with the last AKAIO as well.

BrainEatinEwok

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Djay187 said:
Yeah I get almost the same thing with my AK2i and my XL, every time I close the lid either the game freezes or the XL switches off when I reopen the lid. I meant to post a topic to see if this is common or if there's something I can do about but forgot to do it. I'm running the latest AKAIO 1.7 but it was doing it with the last AKAIO as well.
Ya Same here I'm running the latest firmware as well of AKAIO. It just gets annoying when I gotta do something and I close it when I didnt save XD.

coattails

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've heard of this happening before and it ended up being a microSD power consumption problem.
This might not be the case, but can you get access to another microSD and try closing the lid then?

Also, does this happen even if your DS is plugged into an outlet?

Djay187

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Because Micro SD's are so cheap I've got quite a few (not sure what class any of them are). I even have my cards set up like one full of RPG's another full of action games, one with adventure games, well you get the picture and I pretty sure they all freeze or turn my XL off but I haven't tried it plugged into the outlet.

BrainEatinEwok

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ALright I put another MicroSD card in it and when I closed it it went into sleep mode and then I put the other one back it it turned it off
frown.gif

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm...That is weird. When I close my DSi's lid, nothing happens, it just pauses. Mind show us the following?

1.What brand of a Micro SD card you are using?
2.Does it occur on all games/hombrew/in the AKAIO GUI?
3.What is your Acekard's HWID? (It's located, when you go to the Acekard GUI, and press Start. Then pressing "Help".
4.When did you buy your DSi? (I bought mine release date)

BrainEatinEwok

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RoxasIsSora said:
Hm...That is weird. When I close my DSi's lid, nothing happens, it just pauses. Mind show us the following?

1.What brand of a Micro SD card you are using?
2.Does it occur on all games/hombrew/in the AKAIO GUI?
3.What is your Acekard's HWID? (It's located, when you go to the Acekard GUI, and press Start. Then pressing "Help".
4.When did you buy your DSi? (I bought mine release date)
1.Its a Kingston 4GB
2.So far yes even when I havent loaded it yet.
4.I ordered it last week and got it monday.

coattails

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BrainEatinEwok said:
ALright I put another MicroSD card in it and when I closed it it went into sleep mode and then I put the other one back it it turned it off
frown.gif

My guess is that when the DSi goes into sleep mode, it limits its own power consumption to a minimum, but that specific microSD seemed to continue draining generous amounts of power from the DSi even during sleep mode so the DSi is forced to shut off from lack of power.

giratina16

Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I used to get this all the time with my R4 card on my DSL, the card was slowly dying until it eventually stopped working all together. Every time I closed it, it would switch off even with full battery and even when it was plugged in.

kingofgamesgx

Hitokiri Battousai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm this is an odd problem i use a 8GB kingston and i got my DSi late 09 (like right before new years) and i don't have a single prob with sleep mode

worlok375

GBAtemp's prince
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok I've encountered this many times...on my ds lite mostly though (it's better on my dsi) this is caused randomly, and as far as I know, is a problem with the ds (seeing as it happened when I used an r4 on my lite) it would happen if I bumped my ds whilst it was in my pocket and would instantly turn off it also happened when closing the screen to hard..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs