R4Liam

Artsy Dude
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
I got a new phone yesterday and still want to use my other phone as a media player to save my main phone's battery on the go. Can anyone suggest apps, launchers or even custom roms I could use to make it look like a clean media player maybe like an ipod touch? Thanks :)

My phone is a Galaxy Nexus 4.3

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
Galaxy Nexus user here rocking 5.0.1. First of all the concept of turning a fully functional smartphone into a simple mp3 player is quite a foolish one. I'd recommend you buy an extended battery for the gnex since it's default one is quite weak, and then install any recent kitkat rom (Paranoid Android 4.6 is pretty good). After that use your nexus as a huge ugly and bulky retired smartphone that now is a futile mp3 player.

Or you could get a Sansa Clip which is fairly cheap.

R4Liam

Artsy Dude
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Oh cool how do you get 5.0.1? I have rooted my phone so that step is complete. I also use Spotify so would still like to use that. It isn't exactly futile because I still have access to the play store and I'm gonna buy a gamklip soon too.

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
Oh cool how do you get 5.0.1? I have rooted my phone so that step is complete. I also use Spotify so would still like to use that. It isn't exactly futile because I still have access to the play store and I'm gonna buy a gamklip soon too.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-nexus/development/rom-aosp-lollipop-wee-stock-t2971379
I don't recommend using 5.0.1, at least not right now. A lot of things don't quite work, the camera for example. Not to mention the terrifying lag and graphical glitches that occur. The only reason I'm using it is beta testing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-