Tuna Vids problem >_<

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by haddad, Sep 5, 2010.

1. haddad
    OP

haddad GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 12, 2010
    Canada
    K, so I downloaded from http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/tuna-vids/index.html and dragged the 2 .nds files to my microsd card.

I took an avi file and dragged it onto the microsd card also. Then I open up tuna-open.nds and I then choose my avi file, and I get this.

Help please?

2. VatoLoco

VatoLoco Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.

Jan 29, 2008
    United States
    Ya Cant Get There From Here
    try renaming the avi youre trying to play to tuna-vids.avi

3. haddad
    OP

Aug 12, 2010
    Canada
    it is tuna-vids.avi >_

4. haddad
    OP

Aug 12, 2010
    Canada
    Also I have no luck using the drag and drop converter. And it doesn't work for me >_

5. VatoLoco

VatoLoco Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.

Jan 29, 2008
    United States
    Ya Cant Get There From Here
    yeah, its a bit of a hassle eh, lol

have you tried using it through moonshell yet?, maybe itll work better that way

edit: thanks haddad...not ;P

i just spent a grip of time messing with this. it weird cuz it works better through moonshell2. i was able to convert a .flv to the right .avi settings using super.
    my (dr who) vid played fine through the moonshell plug extension version (aside from de-syncing a bit),
    but when i ran it as a stand-alone, the audio was reeeealy slooooow.

now i rmmbr fugging around w/this way back, and now i know why i stuck w/.dpg...eetz so much more user friendly.

slightly off-topic, im curious to howgood the DSTWOs (unreleased dammit) media player will do with avi, mpg, flv and such

6. macgeek417

macgeek417 妁眼のシャナ

Nov 10, 2009
    United States
    Tuna-viDS needs audio downsampled to 32000hz. Unlike moonshell2, it doesn't downsample on-the-fly. (The DS is not capable of playing back 44100hz audio without downsampling)

7. haddad
    OP

Aug 12, 2010
    Canada
    I am not gonna use Tuna-Vids anymore >_< I just am gonna use Moonshell 2.10 for my music/videos. Cuz its much easier to use lol >_<

I am also really curious to see the ds2's embedded divx playback which will allow u to play avi files by drag and drop, i know ehh? really interesting.