Tubehax trouble.

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Pandaxclone2, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Pandaxclone2
    OP

Pandaxclone2 Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist

Aug 17, 2015
    noun; a particular place or position.
    Okay so I have a problem concerning Tubehax in that I cannot download Youtube on my 3DS XL. Let me explain...

I have two 3DS XLs. One that I have purposefully not updated since 9.5.0-22E, and one which I have used regularly and updated. Once I noticed the Tubehax that has recently come out, I tried it on my free console and it works beautifully.

On the other hand though, my first 3DS XL does not have the Youtube app. I have been sitting here for a while trying to figure out a way to get Youtube onto this 3DS XL without updating it, but to no avail.

Hence I ask of the community; is there a way to install Youtube onto my 3DS XL console with the current tools I have (3DS XL with homebrew, computer) and not consequently update my system? And yes, despite the fact that I do have it on one, I'd like to get it on both if possible.

2. yodamerlin

yodamerlin Bok bok.

Apr 1, 2014
    No. That firmware isn't exploitable (The last exploitable firmware to be able to do what you want to do is 9.2).

3. Pandaxclone2
    OP

Aug 17, 2015
    Is it worth just updating my 3DS XL then? Will I be able to use a Gameboy placebo in place for VC injection and region free?

In fact, is it worth even being on this update anymore?

4. yodamerlin

yodamerlin Bok bok.

Apr 1, 2014
    I guess you can inject pokemon and generally do some cool stuff in the web browser. You should probably stay for that.

5. Pandaxclone2
    OP

Aug 17, 2015
    I suppose you are correct about that. At the very least I have this on one of them so in the meantime I'll keep an eye out and hopefully something comes up.