Hacking TTMENU

teky22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone tell me how to make the games sort in alphabetical order when you add them to your card. They seem to be sorted based on when I added them to the card. When I look at the menu the games come up in the order of when I added them to the card not there name. I am using the latest TTMENU. Any help would be great

Moosebox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here is a quick way I do it.

Put your mircoSD card into your computer. Go to the roms folders on the card (or folder where your roms are). Create a temporary folder, cut and paste all your games there, then go into the temp folder and cut and paste them all back into the main roms folder. Your games are now sorted in alphabetical order.

This is quicker then cutting and pasting to your computers harddrive since it doesn't have to transfer the files over.

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Moosebox said:

Put your mircoSD card into your computer. Go to the roms folders on the card (or folder where your roms are). Create a temporary folder, cut and paste all your games there, then go into the temp folder and cut and paste them all back into the main roms folder. Your games are now sorted in alphabetical order.

This is quicker then cutting and pasting to your computers harddrive since it doesn't have to transfer the files over.

even shorter

no need to copy back the games. just rename your new folder.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
teky22,

It might not have been obvious from the other responses, but TTMenu doesn't currently have a way to automatically sort the files (this is a huge shortcoming of the TTDS menu system which will hopefully be fixed in a future version of the firmware). S you have to make sure that they are created on the microSD in the order you want them. The other posts have suggested several ways of making sure they are created in alphabetical order.

Or you can use YSMenu instead of TTMenu (YSMenu sorts them alphabetically and also retains the folder structure in which the files are arranged on your microSD card).

-Bri

Moosebox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nando said:
Moosebox said:

even shorter

no need to copy back the games. just rename your new folder.

True enough, though I like to keep the roms in the root roms folder.

But hopefully this gets fixed in a fireware update someday.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Moosebox,

You could create a new folder at the root (name it "games2") and copy the files from "games" to "games2" then delete "games" then rename "games2" to "games".

-Bri

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone actually tried this and confirmed that it works? I tried this and it didn't work for me. I think the only way to do it correctly is to use one of the sorting programs (I've had my microSD corrupted by those) or backup all files, reformat, and copy them all back.

-Bri

Moosebox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It works for me, otherwise I wouldn't have mentioned it.

H:\Roms
(where all my games are)
H:\Roms\temp
(temp folder to move roms into)

Cut and paste everything from H:\Roms to H:\Roms\temp (ctrl + a ; ctrl + x ; ctrl + v)

Cut and paste everything back into H:\Roms from H:\Roms\temp (ctrl + a; ctrl + x ; ctrl + v)

This puts everything in order for me. (Plus I have my apps in H:\Apps, and even after sorting my roms the apps remain at the bottom of the list.)

Takes about 10 seconds to do.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yup, tried that and it didn't work for me! My roms were still not in alphabetical order when I did that. They're also not in the same order that they were in to begin with. I'm formatted in FAT16 if that makes any difference.

ETA: Hmmm...tried it again, and this time it worked. I don't know if I did something wrong the first time, or if it doesn't always work. Still, worth trying because it's so fast and doesn't corrupt the card like some of the utilities I've tried.

-Bri

shane1972

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi,

I really think they need to fix this issue with the next firmware release.
Im actually running v1.09 on my supercard ds one and it works gr8 apart from the sorting issue.

Cheers

neogba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have said, use "Foldersort" free download program. It even works with WINE too on Kubuntu Gusty.

This program does it in a blink of the eye! It does not do low level operations while "unmounted" like other do. You could wind up with drive errors that way.

#1 have 2 backups.

#2 Run Foldersort and point it to your correct Flash drive (click sort folders, of course). Done. That's with the defaults. You can sort in other orders too.

You are using folders (VFAT16 recommended) for your NDS files, right? Files in the root folder will sort separately. So emulators will be at the bottom, below your sorted games, for example. That's good.

http://www.jetman.dircon.co.uk/software/foldersort.html

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land