ttmenu.sys error?

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by emmas, Jan 2, 2009.

1. emmas
    OP

emmas Member

Newcomer
    Jun 14, 2008
    United States
    hi

i have set numorous dstt cards up for friends in the past without problem however now i am stuck.

i have one card which always gives this error message

"[Rom loading failed]
    Open TTMENU.SYS error

Please reset system"

when i read the micro sd after it has been in the faulty card the ttmenu has a square icon at the end of the title

i have reformatted the sd card (japan kingston 2GB) added the system files and games and tried in a dstt known to be working and the sd card loads perfectly

i have tried doing the fake recovery ( i recently had a fake which behaved totally differently and fixed it using the advice on this forum- thanks guys) simply because i did not know what to do

does any one know wether this fault is fixable

thanks

2. rasputin

rasputin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 7, 2008
    United States
    Try deleteing the ttmenu.sys file, let it create a new one.

3. Bri

Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 25, 2007
    United States
    • Use the Panasonic formatter to format your microSD card.
    • Make sure your games are in a "games" folder and not on the root.
    • Make sure you have plenty of free space for system files and save files.
    • Make sure you use "safely remove hardware" (and press the STOP button) before removing the microSD card from the PC.
    -Bri

4. zoobinnie

zoobinnie Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2009
    Canada
    hi can tell me how to let the menu reload please

5. Bri

Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 25, 2007
    United States
    You mean soft reset (i.e. go from a game back to the menu)? You have to enable it in the SysOptions menu and also for the individual game, then if I remember correctly you press A-B-X-Y-L-R all at the same time to reset a game. It won't work for all games, and enabling the option will cause problems with some games.

-Bri

6. ccsteehee

ccsteehee Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2008
    United States
    Had same problem with my Kingston 2 Gb cards. Tried a different brand, and problems went away. The Kingston cards may be fake.

7. mxk1000

mxk1000 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 10, 2007
    Bonnie Scotland
  8. yrless11

yrless11 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2009
    United States
    I had the same issue. I ordered 3 cards so I had some room to play. I was trying a Kingston card then went to a Sandisk card. No luck with either so I tried another TTDS and both cards worked. Tried the 3rd one and again both cards worked. I did the paper trick, just a few layers of scotch tape on TTDS #1 and it works fine. Try some tape and you'll probably be good.

9. Bri

Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 25, 2007
    United States
    There seems to be a lot of contact problems with the last few batches of DSTT's. Poor quality control along with clones and fake-killer firmware make it difficult to diagnose problems.

I suspect that Team DSTT may have shot themselves in the foot with the fake-killer stuff, but it'll be interesting to see how it plays out. They probably should have released a version of the firmware that puts up a message for several seconds telling you that you have a fake but doesn't kill it. Or at least not kill it until you've viewed the message several times. Or at least pop up a message after it's killed your fake telling you that you have a fake. That would at least allow people to know whether they're dealing with fake-killer code or just bad quality control.

Silently killing a fake semi-randomly isn't a very good method of deterring fakes since I imagine most users will just assume that the DSTT is crap without realizing they've bought a fake and return it for some other flash cart.

-Bri

10. Hitcher

Hitcher GBAtemp Regular

Feb 10, 2008
    This is exactly why I could never understand the logic behind releasing the fake killer code - it just gives the DSTT card a bad name/image.

11. chall32

chall32 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2009
    Agree 100% Bri!
    I used to recommend the DSTT when asked. Looks like I'm going to have to revise that!

12. Bri

Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 25, 2007
    United States
    The Acekard 2.1 has always been a much better flash cart than the DSTT and is only about $5 more.

-Bri