Trying to verify some GCN ISOs...

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by sideskroll, Mar 15, 2015.

1. sideskroll
    OP

sideskroll GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 25, 2010
    Peru
    In YOUR house.
    Guys, I have 50+ COMPLETE ISOs on my HDD. I don't have access to my originals nor the console ATM and probably won't for some time.
    Is CLEANRIP able to verify ISOs already on the HDD? And if so, how should the folder structure be? (They're inside their own individual ID'd folders, inside the root "games" folder)
    If CLEANRIP is not an option, are there any hash calculators or any specific (for GCN games) programs able to compare my ISOs against REDUMPs database file (*.DAT file)
    NTSC/U WiiU BTW, if it makes any difference. So I'm literally and physically UNABLE to re-rip my games even if I had them with me right now.

Any help would be very appreciated as I already asked on the NINTENDONT thread and nobody seems to either care or know.
    Thanks!

2. kribblz

kribblz Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Itzehoe, Germany
    there is no need to verify isos for nintendont

sideskroll likes this.
  3. SnugglesDr

SnugglesDr Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 24, 2014
    Gambia, The
    sideskroll likes this.
  4. sideskroll
    OP

Aug 25, 2010
    Peru
    In YOUR house.
    Sure, there's no "need" to do it. But since they're original rips from my OWN collection. And in order for me to be able to report any bugs or malfunctions with NINTENDONT. It would be very nice to know that the ISOS are really 1:1.
    Thanks. I'm very familiar with hashes and calculators.
    What I'm asking for is a hash calculator able to use REDUMPs database to compare my ISOS against the hashes on it.
    Instead of doing it manually.
    Besides, it's kinda hard cause the names are all IDd right now. So I'd have to first haunt down the ID, make sure which game is which and based on that do a search for each and every one of them (manually) on REDUMPs website.
    I honestly don't know what's the use of the database file one can download on their page.
    I haven't been able to find any apps or tools able to use them to verify games.
    CLEANRIP is the only one that comes to mind but it isn't exactly what I'm looking for.

5. Apostrophe

Apostrophe VIDEO GAMES

Apr 30, 2013
    United States
    Am I missing something here?

Why don't you just play the rips you have and if you encounter any "bugs or malfunctions" compare the hash to see if that's the problem? I don't think there is a tool that can do what you're looking for.

6. sideskroll
    OP

Aug 25, 2010
    Peru
    In YOUR house.
    Well, apparently you're missing the part where a tool like that would be very helpful.
    And that knowing that your disks copied fine even though some of them might have light scuffs, scratches etc. would be very beneficial.
    Also, the fact that REDUMP offers a database for you to download but apparently, it doesn't serve any purpose cause there's no tool that can use it out there. Kinda pointless...
    Anyway, nobody can deny the fact that a tool like that (if there isn't a hash calculator able to use dat files or XMLs as database to compare against to already) would be nothing but helpful.
    Kinda like Wii Backup Manager.

7. Apostrophe

Apostrophe VIDEO GAMES

Apr 30, 2013
    United States
    I disagree, I honestly don't care whether my games match redump or not, as long as they play without any problems. If you're that concerned with whether it's 1:1 it looks like you'll just have to do it manually, it probably wouldn't take that long.

sideskroll likes this.
  8. sideskroll
    OP

Aug 25, 2010
    Peru
    In YOUR house.
    Right on man!
    I appreciate the input.

Apostrophe likes this.
  9. EmceeKerser

EmceeKerser GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 3, 2014
    The fuckin' Blue Mountains brah
    Why don't you just check the byte count to see if the sizes match? I guessed that would determine scrubbed vs. unscrubbed. All GC games are the same size, but im not sure if that has anything to do with if its 1:1

10. tswntk

tswntk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 6, 2012
    Switzerland
    have you tried rom managers such as ClrMamePro or Romcenter ?

I have not used them for ages, don't know if they support redump.org dat file format or if they support GC iso at all

PS: it is quite annoying when you see noobs crying for help that his game/emu won't work while in fact his iso is bad

11. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    thanks for this thread, i was having problems with some gc isos on the wii.. can now confirm its not a bad dump

btw, i wanted to ask my queston, is the .bca file needed for anything on the wii side? (using dios mios)

12. SnugglesDr

SnugglesDr Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 24, 2014
    Gambia, The
    i did sth like that for my segacd images.. long time ago.
    it should be quite simple to make as a batch job or script.
    you could use http://www.gametdb.com/wiitdb.txt?LANG=ORIG for ID<->name translation
    and search in redump.dat for name or part of name.
    every little step is already finished, but it looks like nobody else had this idea before or simply there is no need for most people.
    this is a good point to start programming such little things for yourself.
    a good point to start is over here: http://gbatemp.net/threads/so-you-want-to-learn-to-program.371255/

EDIT: the html version (4 pages) of redump.org contains the ID as serial. sounds more easy to me.
    EDIT2: to make it even more easy start with hash generation. then search this hash in redump org dat file. if found you have the name if not your file is not 1:1.