Hacking Trying to verify some GCN ISOs...

sideskroll

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Guys, I have 50+ COMPLETE ISOs on my HDD. I don't have access to my originals nor the console ATM and probably won't for some time.
Is CLEANRIP able to verify ISOs already on the HDD? And if so, how should the folder structure be? (They're inside their own individual ID'd folders, inside the root "games" folder)
If CLEANRIP is not an option, are there any hash calculators or any specific (for GCN games) programs able to compare my ISOs against REDUMPs database file (*.DAT file)
NTSC/U WiiU BTW, if it makes any difference. So I'm literally and physically UNABLE to re-rip my games even if I had them with me right now.

Any help would be very appreciated as I already asked on the NINTENDONT thread and nobody seems to either care or know.
Thanks!

SnugglesDr

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Reactions: sideskroll

sideskroll

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
there is no need to verify isos for nintendont

Sure, there's no "need" to do it. But since they're original rips from my OWN collection. And in order for me to be able to report any bugs or malfunctions with NINTENDONT. It would be very nice to know that the ISOS are really 1:1.
Hi,
You find the answer at the top of compatibility lists:
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Nintendont_Compatibility_List
Use http://www.slavasoft.com/hashcalc/index.htm
against hosted hashes of isos: http://redump.org/

but there are more ways to generate hashes, you can use 7zip's win explorer contextmenu functionality for example.
I don't think there is a program like abgx360 for GCN games.
Thanks. I'm very familiar with hashes and calculators.
What I'm asking for is a hash calculator able to use REDUMPs database to compare my ISOS against the hashes on it.
Instead of doing it manually.
Besides, it's kinda hard cause the names are all IDd right now. So I'd have to first haunt down the ID, make sure which game is which and based on that do a search for each and every one of them (manually) on REDUMPs website.
I honestly don't know what's the use of the database file one can download on their page.
I haven't been able to find any apps or tools able to use them to verify games.
CLEANRIP is the only one that comes to mind but it isn't exactly what I'm looking for.

Apostrophe

VIDEO GAMES
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I missing something here?

Why don't you just play the rips you have and if you encounter any "bugs or malfunctions" compare the hash to see if that's the problem? I don't think there is a tool that can do what you're looking for.

sideskroll

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Am I missing something here?

Why don't you just play the rips you have and if you encounter any "bugs or malfunctions" compare the hash to see if that's the problem? I don't think there is a tool that can do what you're looking for.

Well, apparently you're missing the part where a tool like that would be very helpful.
And that knowing that your disks copied fine even though some of them might have light scuffs, scratches etc. would be very beneficial.
Also, the fact that REDUMP offers a database for you to download but apparently, it doesn't serve any purpose cause there's no tool that can use it out there. Kinda pointless...
Anyway, nobody can deny the fact that a tool like that (if there isn't a hash calculator able to use dat files or XMLs as database to compare against to already) would be nothing but helpful.
Kinda like Wii Backup Manager.

Apostrophe

VIDEO GAMES
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, apparently you're missing the part where a tool like that would be very helpful.
And that knowing that your disks copied fine even though some of them might have light scuffs, scratches etc. would be very beneficial.
Also, the fact that REDUMP offers a database for you to download but apparently, it doesn't serve any purpose cause there's no tool that can use it out there. Kinda pointless...
Anyway, nobody can deny the fact that a tool like that (if there isn't a hash calculator able to use dat files or XMLs as database to compare against to already) would be nothing but helpful.
Kinda like Wii Backup Manager.

I disagree, I honestly don't care whether my games match redump or not, as long as they play without any problems. If you're that concerned with whether it's 1:1 it looks like you'll just have to do it manually, it probably wouldn't take that long.

Reactions: sideskroll

sideskroll

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I disagree, I honestly don't care whether my games match redump or not, as long as they play without any problems. If you're that concerned with whether it's 1:1 it looks like you'll just have to do it manually, it probably wouldn't take that long.

Right on man!
I appreciate the input.

Reactions: Apostrophe

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
have you tried rom managers such as ClrMamePro or Romcenter ?

I have not used them for ages, don't know if they support redump.org dat file format or if they support GC iso at all

PS: it is quite annoying when you see noobs crying for help that his game/emu won't work while in fact his iso is bad

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
thanks for this thread, i was having problems with some gc isos on the wii.. can now confirm its not a bad dump

btw, i wanted to ask my queston, is the .bca file needed for anything on the wii side? (using dios mios)

SnugglesDr

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i did sth like that for my segacd images.. long time ago.
it should be quite simple to make as a batch job or script.
you could use http://www.gametdb.com/wiitdb.txt?LANG=ORIG for ID<->name translation
and search in redump.dat for name or part of name.
every little step is already finished, but it looks like nobody else had this idea before or simply there is no need for most people.
this is a good point to start programming such little things for yourself.
a good point to start is over here: http://gbatemp.net/threads/so-you-want-to-learn-to-program.371255/

EDIT: the html version (4 pages) of redump.org contains the ID as serial. sounds more easy to me.
EDIT2: to make it even more easy start with hash generation. then search this hash in redump org dat file. if found you have the name if not your file is not 1:1.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended