Hacking Trying to remove Rednand.

shrinerlp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
Hi there, got myself into a bit of a pickle.

I am trying to remove Rednand, and i've formatted my sd card, kept the data, stuck back into Wii U, now I'm getting a message on "Welcome to Rednand" and formatting sd card for rednand.

Any way around this? perhaps a config file just to boot into Sysnand for now?

BIFFTAZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Backup your SD cards apps/data FIRST...

You need to remove/format the unallocated space that RedNAND uses on your SD card in Disk Management on Windows (Not sure on other Op systems). Then expand your SD cards storage to reclaim that unclaimed/unallocated storage. Once done, Reformat the SD to Fat32 & restore your apps/data.

Last edited by BIFFTAZ,

shrinerlp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
You need to remove/format the unallocated space that RedNAND uses on your SD card in Disk Management on Windows (Not sure on other Op systems). Then expand your SD cards storage to reclaim that unclaimed/unallocated storage.

I've done that,

Is it the fact i'm formatting it, and then pasting over the files again onto the sd card? there is now no Unallocated storage, done this with EaseUS and also Diskpart.

BIFFTAZ

Trophies
XP
Country
I've done that,

Is it the fact i'm formatting it, and then pasting over the files again onto the sd card? there is now no Unallocated storage, done this with EaseUS and also Diskpart.
In Mochas app folder, Remove the settings file thats made, Or when launching Mocha hold B to enter Mochas settings & turn off "Use RedNAND" or whatever it is.

shrinerlp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
In Mochas app folder, Remove the settings file thats made, Or when launching Mocha hold B to enter Mochas settings & turn off "Use RedNAND" or whatever it is.
kinda doing something different, getting just -5, which I think is Haxchi, will see how this goes, seems to have found that problem though, thank you!

BIFFTAZ

Trophies
XP
Country
kinda doing something different, getting just -5, which I think is Haxchi, will see how this goes, seems to have found that problem though, thank you!
Just wanted to say this though. Haxchi/CBHC would not be able to boot you to RedNAND UNLESS you had Haxchi/CBHC forwarded to Mocha (RedNand enabled in Mochas setting). Or, You have a Fw.img thats forwarded to using Haxchi/CBHC. No other way.

Last edited by BIFFTAZ,

shrinerlp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
Just wanted to say this though. Haxchi/CBHC would not be able to boot you to RedNAND UNLESS you had Haxchi/CBHC forwarded to Mocha (RedNand enabled in Mochas setting). Or, You have a Fw.img thats forwarded to using Haxchi/CBHC. No other way.
this is the config for mocha, its probably this what caused it.

[MOCHA]
viewMode=1
directLaunch=1
launchImage=1
noIosReload=0
launchSysMenu=1
redNAND=1
seeprom_red=1
otp_red=1
syshaxXml=0

Reactions: BIFFTAZ

BIFFTAZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Just wanted to say this though. Haxchi/CBHC would not be able to boot you to RedNAND UNLESS you had Haxchi/CBHC forwarded to Mocha (RedNand enabled in Mochas setting). No other way.
this is the config for mocha, its probably this what caused it.

[MOCHA]
viewMode=1
directLaunch=1
launchImage=1
noIosReload=0
launchSysMenu=1
redNAND=1
seeprom_red=1
otp_red=1
syshaxXml=0
Delete the config file & use Mocha as is. Even better, If you have Haxchi/CBHC, Just stick with using just them. Using Mocha+CBHC/Haxchi is just going to cause you headaches... Like you have now most probably :)

shrinerlp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
Delete the config file & use Mocha as is. Even better, If you have Haxchi/CBHC, Just stick with using just them. Using Mocha+CBHC/Haxchi is just going to cause you headaches... Like you have now most probably :)

Nearly! All the problem is now is the -5 error. I fixed this before, but its just not letting me boot into mocha by pressing B.. I think it's got something to do with Homebrew launcher elf, from googling... Nearly headaches all gone!

BIFFTAZ

Trophies
XP
Country
both

EDIT: just tried to edit config in Haxchi folder to go to sysnand, but not working yet.
You have to reinstall Haxchi with whatever changes you make to the config file for them to work. Cant just edit the config file & expect it to use the new settings... Needs to be installed along with Haxchi.

Reactions: shrinerlp

shrinerlp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
Minus errors (-5 in your case) are always SD card issues. Start looking there. And stop using Mocha, you have HaxChi

thank you, fixed that. I'm at a part now where I'm just in a loop in Mocha config. anytime I press A to launch, I go into a loop. If I press Home, it doesnt do anything. Trying to work it out. :glare:

FIXED. ALL DONE. Thank you everyone.

Last edited by shrinerlp,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you want a good system to port it to, at least have a good programmer and knowledge.