Hardware Trying to pair 8bitdo SFC30 Pro with Wii U

Drak0rex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got an SF30 Pro, but the instructions aren't very clear to me. I want to use it as a Wii U pro or Wii Classic Pro controller. Anyone know a detailed guide on how to pair it to different consoles? I also thought I read that there were different firmwares you could install to make it work, but when I downloaded the Firmware updater app from the site, it just updated to the latest firmware.

Last edited by Drak0rex,

WasabiGames

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just got an SF30 Pro, but the instructions aren't very clear to me. I want to use it as a Wii U pro or Wii Classic Pro controller. Anyone know a detailed guide on how to pair it to different consoles? I also thought I read that there were different firmwares you could install to make it work, but when I downloaded the Firmware updater app from the site, it just updated to the latest firmware.
The SN30 pro cannot be natively paired with a WiiU, nor is there an alternative firmware for it. However, if you have access to homebrew, you may be able to install HID to VPAD and through that program you may be able to use the SN30 pro as a wired controller. I have yet to test this and i'll give you a response (if you want) once i've confirmed it.

IAmCaptPlanet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i bought a retro receiver JUST so i could use a SF30Pro on my Wii and WiiU as a classic controller.

it DOES NOT work!!!

i HATE 8Bitdo becase their products are SO awesome but SUCH a pain in the dick to get synced

WasabiGames

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i bought a retro receiver JUST so i could use a SF30Pro on my Wii and WiiU as a classic controller.

it DOES NOT work!!!

i HATE 8Bitdo becase their products are SO awesome but SUCH a pain in the dick to get synced
The retro reciever never had Wii/WiiU compatibility in the first place, only compatible with (S)NES classic. The compatibility section on the website says the reciever allows you to use Wii/U controllers with the classic mini systems.

Although I do agree that some of their products can occasionally be a hassle to work with

Last edited by WasabiGames,

IAmCaptPlanet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: DRAGONBALLVINTAGE

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The retro reciever never had Wii/WiiU compatibility in the first place, only compatible with (S)NES classic. The compatibility section on the website says the reciever allows you to use Wii/U controllers with the classic mini systems.

Although I do agree that some of their products can occasionally be a hassle to work with
But the connector is the same and the Wii/Wii U works with the NES/SNES Classic controllers?
I don't see why it wouldn't work.
Should have bought a NES30 Pro/FC30 Pro. It has Wii/Wii U support via a legacy firmware (with Wiimote, Classic Controller and Wii U Pro Controller emulation)

IAmCaptPlanet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have one, but the NES30Pro has garbage analog sticks, d-pad, and shoulder buttons,

i actually considered NOT buying a SF30Pro for my Switch, because i disliked the NES30Pro so much,

but i'm glad i did end up getting one (it is a great Switch controller)

it just makes me want to play Wii and Wii U games with it even more, and it sucks that i cant.

at least not until i get a wiimote+, i guess

also, even with the wii firmware the NES30Pro is aggravating as hell to try to get to work on Wii

SanKuKai

Newcomer
Trophies
1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20500
XP
Country
United States
See this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/8bitdo/comments/7yhs25/8bitdo_controllers_work_fine_with_wii_wiiu/e3ensia/

text:

A small update on this: 1st august 2018.

Hi, essentially 8bitdo has moved on to new products, and is not considering investing on the wii / wii u scene, as worthy of their time.

As it has been said, their FW is often buggy, and despite lack of a great 3d party wireless controller for the wii /wii u their controllers never took off.

Their current offering is aimed at adult money-investing retrogamers and "heavy" investors in console paraphernalia, not console users searching for RELIABLE controllers.

The use of xinput - BT / RetroReceivers should have been the holy grail combination for cross platform use of controllers, but....Buggy firmware, complicated and subpar connectivity have made those controllers a novelty gamer item rather than a new norm to aim for.

Then there is the issue with all nintendo products: CHEAPNESS.

Nintendo does not want to pay royalties or rights full stop. So no DVD or Blu-ray movie ability, AND no Xinput / USB controller connectivity.

Instead they go for the OLD FREE TO USE (as long as you do not request IPs) i2c protocol that they use for the wii, wii u, NES & SNES minis.

They also do not share tech so retro engineering is needed and it is a WAAAAAAASSSSTE of man-hours.

So 8bitdo tried it, then said ok now let's just make some money out of this. That is why you get even on the switch, buggy FW, and ZERO support.

The solution that works BEST for a wii U, is to use the RR to connect the 8bitdo controller.

Either as a wii classic controller, OR do this:

CFW your wii u.

Then set up your 8bitdo controller to work with your RetroReceiver as a XINPUT device.

Then use a usb cable to link your 8bitdo RR to the wii u.

Use the hid to vpad homebrew to map the RR / 8bitdo controller (logically seen as a wired Xinput controller) as a wii u pro controller.

And here you are, you can play Zelda BOTW with an 8bitdo controller wirelessly on the wii u.

Seek details on relevant sites. Duck duck go is your friend...

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Hi guys. I was looking to buy the SN30 (formerly SNES30) with no analogs or L/R 2. Mainly to ise it for retroarch and VC games on a Wii /Wii U.
Can this be done? I haven't been able to find any specific info regarding this.
I did find some videos showing that it can be paired with a Wii/Wii U though... So I guess thats something...
But seeing as homebrew drivers are iffy to say the least (ie 3rd party controllers have delay/lag or just plainly dont work) I was wondering how the SN30 performed.
If anyone has or is able to try it with retroarch on either Wii or (preferably) Wii U (meaning native, not vWii) I would really appreciate it.
Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night