trying to make a texture editor

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by frubam, Jan 12, 2010.

Jan 12, 2010
  1. frubam
    OP

Newcomer frubam Member

United States
    after seeing the SZS modifier and Brawlbox, I wanted to make a texture program for ToS2 for the wii, so i've been studying up a bit on opengl. As much as i'd just like to nab the source code from the programs above, it doesn't look like its possible, so i'm trying to make this myself despite my very basic knowledge of c++. After failing to make a image appear correctly with what seemed like the basic syntax for a texture file, i found that tex0 files are made in specific ways; I4, I8, IA8, etc. I don't quite understand how this works and I can't get the image to open properly(it looks like randomly colored scattered pixels). If someone can point me in the right direction as to how to interpret the I4, etc, OR could provide me with a link that gives some thorough examples of it, I'd greatly appreciate it.

2. TempusC

Member TempusC GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I just answered this question regarding ToG.

Provided the files are actually TPL's (and they probably are), the headers are likely different. If not, all the better for you! I've listed some good TPL code below.

Wii.py on Github has some good TPL code in python
    Benzin/Zetsubou on Github has some C code for TPLs, some of it is suspect but mostly good
    Brawllib on Google code has some TPL code in C#
    GxTexConv has some really solid TPL code, but can only export. Comes with Devkitpro/libogc, find it in their repo

3. frubam
    OP

Newcomer frubam Member

United States
    were you doing some editing in ToG by chance? I've tried to extract that iso, and its not the same as ToS2 Dp=. Its like files within files within more files within a compressed file. I used a cpk unpacker and it unpacked everything and put it into folders, but most/all the files are undocumented formats. And I was at least hoping to find Asbel's data =d(.