ROM Hack Trying to make a romhack for Project Mirai DX

Agent Moose

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As some of you may know, I created a save editor for Project Mirai DX, while that was fun I know want to do a full romhack for the game.

I have a couple questions though since this is my very first time at doing this.
  1. How would I would I go from a .wav/.mp3/ect to a .bsctm?
  2. In the game there are .bin files for what I'm assuming are models for room items, stages and things like that. Is there a way I can edit those type of files in a 3D Editor or something? I know I can open them up in say, HxD but I have no clue what to edit that way.
  3. There are also files that have the extention of .dsc. Those are the files that show what button you need to press while playing a song (The track, so to say) Anyone know how to edit those type of files or would I need to decompile them myself somehow?
I think that's all the questions I have now. As you can tell, I am quite new to this :P I have tried Ohana3DS to edit the different models, but it didn't recognize them as anything.

Reactions: AutumnWolf

Agent Moose

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That helped quite a bit! I was able to extract the png files of the textures so I can edit them now. Not really to sure what I want to do though :P

TrackerTD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Only obstruction with this right now is Mirai DX doesn't actually support HANS at the moment, so loading a romf is impossible. Or at least, not last I checked; it gets stuck on the loading screen. Unless you're doing this through different means in which case I'll just shut up.

Cool idea though. If I could be arsed I'd mod Neru into it. That tsundere must shine again.

Agent Moose

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only obstruction with this right now is Mirai DX doesn't actually support HANS at the moment, so loading a romf is impossible. Or at least, not last I checked; it gets stuck on the loading screen. Unless you're doing this through different means in which case I'll just shut up.

Cool idea though. If I could be arsed I'd mod Neru into it. That tsundere must shine again.
I was able to load a modified romfs with it. I am not using a cart though, I am using a digital version first loaded from rxtools, then hans.

Lol I actually already hacked Mirai 2

And yep, I've seen that. I plan to try to do more than just change music though. I really want to figure out how to re-engineer the .dsc files so I can add my own notes and songs that way.

Currently there are quote a few songs they took out, but the only one they actually left parts in is "Leia". You've got the button mode for Easy, Normal and Hard for that song, but the music and stage is not there in the files

Stewie1.0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to do this, but I couldn't dump the game.
How did you manage to dump it? I just get a red screen after selecting it on brain dump.
Rei found the rom for me online
I was able to load a modified romfs with it. I am not using a cart though, I am using a digital version first loaded from rxtools, then hans.

And yep, I've seen that. I plan to try to do more than just change music though. I really want to figure out how to re-engineer the .dsc files so I can add my own notes and songs that way.

Currently there are quote a few songs they took out, but the only one they actually left parts in is "Leia". You've got the button mode for Easy, Normal and Hard for that song, but the music and stage is not there in the files

I think the .dsc files only contain the notes, cuz since some of them say easy, normal, and hard

Agent Moose

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to do this, but I couldn't dump the game.
How did you manage to dump it? I just get a red screen after selecting it on brain dump.
Are you using the cart or a digital version?

I'm not to sure why it works for me. I'm on a 9.2 O3DS, this is my steps:
1. Turn on 3DS to load Menuhax
2. Menuhax then autoboots into rxtools (I use BootCTR to do this)
3. rxTools loads sysnand for me (I don't use emunand at all) and thus reloads menuhax due to it.
4. I hold "L trigger" to then load homebrew menu through BootCTR and load hans and choose Project Mirai.

I have to load rxtools first to recognize Project Mirai since I got it from taht one iso site.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Rei found the rom for me online

I think the .dsc files only contain the notes, cuz since some of them say easy, normal, and hard
That's correct, but I wouldn't mind adding an extreme mode to each song ;)

Stewie1.0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using the cart or a digital version?

I'm not to sure why it works for me. I'm on a 9.2 O3DS, this is my steps:
1. Turn on 3DS to load Menuhax
2. Menuhax then autoboots into rxtools (I use BootCTR to do this)
3. rxTools loads sysnand for me (I don't use emunand at all) and thus reloads menuhax due to it.
4. I hold "L trigger" to then load homebrew menu through BootCTR and load hans and choose Project Mirai.

I have to load rxtools first to recognize Project Mirai since I got it from taht one iso site.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That's correct, but I wouldn't mind adding an extreme mode to each song ;)
True. I wanted to make a custom PV for Hello, Planet like this one:

Also, I found out that the song "Change Me" was planned for Mirai 2/DX

Reactions: Agent Moose

Agent Moose

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't played the first one, but from what I heard there's just more songs on the second than the first. Everything else might be the same. I'm not to sure about that though.

Stewie1.0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't played the first one, but from what I heard there's just more songs on the second than the first. Everything else might be the same. I'm not to sure about that though.
Ive played Mirai 1. Its completely different compared to Mirai 2/DX. The song selection actually has a similar layout to Pokémon Diamond and Pearl's Pokedex layout. And that Yumeyume PV in the options in Mirai 2/DX is the PV in Mirai 1. And no tap mode, only button mode. I believe theres also no Gumi model, but she is in 2 songs (Happy Synthesizer and Matryoshka), and those r animated PVs.

Last edited by Stewie1.0,

Asho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello. It's been a long time since I last used this account, didn't feel the need to actually post.

After a bit of cleanup on my SD card, I started messing around with this. I dumped my retail cart with braindump and loaded a modified romfs with HANS just fine:

r2XwU2K.png

(Translation from here, the third line crashes the game as described here)

There's a bunch of parameters stored as plaintext files that are commented (in Japanese). I haven't done it myself, but it should be trivial to do things like modifying the timing windows or the life bar's leniency.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.