Trying to install R4 kernel onto another cartridge

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by erfert, Apr 18, 2019.

1. erfert
    OP

erfert Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2019
    Australia
    I have a sketchy 'Pandora-DS' DS cartridge (uploaded pic) that has a microSD card, and I've been trying to replace the software already on it with an R4 kernel to no avail. Is this because I need an actual R4 chip for the R4 kernel to work, or do I need to somehow configure the cartridge to accommodate the R4 kernel? When inserted into my DS lite, the cartridge is called 'Alex Rider Stormbreaker'. Just in case can you guys check if my root directory looks alright?

-moonmemo
    -moonshl2
    -R4iMenu
    -TTMenu
    -R4.dat
    -TTMenu.dat
    -YSMenu.nds

If not, can someone please tell me how it should look? Also, if you need to configure the cartridge, can someone please direct me to a guide or tell me in this thread if possible?

Background info: I got the cartridge from a shabby marketplace in real life when I was younger. It's also full of music from the 2000's and has a camrip of Kung-fu Panda 2 on it :rofl2:. None of the websites work anymore either

Attached Files:

Last edited by erfert, Apr 18, 2019
  2. zxr750j

zxr750j Member

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2003
    Netherlands
    I think TTMENU was used by the TTDS card, you might wanna try that

3. erfert
    OP

erfert Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2019
    Australia
    I tried using the TTDS kernel (if that's what you meant) and it still doesn't work. When I open the game it just says 'Loading...' all the time after I removed the software it came with. I still have that software in a backup folder.

Edit: I also tried just having:

-moonmemo
    -moonshl2
    -R4iMenu
    -R4.dat

and it wouldn't work either

Last edited by erfert, Apr 18, 2019
  4. erfert
    OP

erfert Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2019
    Australia
    Here's the original root directory:

- _rpg
    - _SYSTEM_
    - CHANNELS
    - lmp-ng
    - moonshl2
    - PICS
    - _DS_MENU.DAT
    - _DS_MSHL.NDS
    - _DSMENU.DAT

5. AL_16

AL_16 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 13, 2017
    Ukraine
    I think U need Wood R4
    Try this http://old.r4wood.com/pages/Wood-R4-Kernel.html

6. erfert
    OP

erfert Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2019
    Australia
    Still nothing. It only works when I use the original software. Oh well, I might need to buy an actual R4 cartridge.