Hacking Trying to find a modchip for my old Wii [Help Needed]

JimboGreen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Wii is more than six months old, and I'm trying to pick out a modchip. If you guys could help, that would be supremely awesome. Given that it's that old, I've heard that just about any modchip under the sun would work. Anywho, I'll go ahead and list what I'll be needing from a modchip.

Absolutely Necessary
+Plays any DVD-R backup (Gamecube and Wii)
+Plays gamecube games that have the audio streaming issues. Doesn't really need to play the music, the games just need to work. (Waverace Bluestorm for example)

Not necessarily necessary but would be awesomely awesome
+Ability to switch regions on the fly (I miss being able to play Japanese Bomberman games. Also, the region fix needs to display Japanese characters [kanji and kana] correctly. Can't tell you how much of a pain it is to try to read something like this: %^*$)*&_)
+Plays Wii and gamecube ISOs from thumb drives and other removable storage (external hard drives, SD cards, etc)
+Ability to read backups at 6x (not even sure modchips even allow for this kind of thing yet)

Really, the only reason I'm even getting a modchip in the first place was because I was having a hell of a time getting GamecubeBackupLauncher to run my favorite gamecube backups. I figure a nice hard mod will sort most of those troubles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @K3Nv2 I'm still not really convinced that sylverrez is a girl lol