Niels Van Son

Unspecified Life Form
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everyone!

I do console repairs as a hobby and to help a friend that is running a retro game business. I get my consoles to work on from him.
In this particular instance, I have a phat model Playstation 2 here (model SCPH-35004, board V4 GH-012 w/ bios gap) that used to be modchipped with a chinese clone Duo 2 (yes, that old!).

I removed the modchip, just in case that would be the source of the problem. Problem, that is that the console turns on fine and reacts fine to direct external inputs (power button green, fan spins up, discs spin and accelerate) but I have no video at all, no matter what I try to do. I don't know about audio, since I use a cheap capture card for testing that I currently cannot get audio out of for some reason (I'll see if I can make that work another way). Regardless, there is no visual output.

I checked all fuses I could find on an internet diagram (PS1 -> PS15). All of them check good. I also tried the RGB/Ycbr switch trick multiple times. The cable is tested good, the connection was cleaned up. So, I'm ending on kind of a road block as it stands, and I was wondering if people perhaps more experienced than me had any idea where else I could check.

I have no urgency to fix this console as it was meant to go to the trash in the first place, but as a preservationist at heart, I try to fix as many consoles as my current skill level allows. If not for business, than for personal experience. I just fixed a SCPH-50004 by recapping its power supply, so I was hoping to maybe get that one working as well.

Thanks so much!
Post automatically merged:

Update, after much diagnosis, it's possible that the RSX or board itself is dead somewhere, and the power button ribbon cable connector got loose, so I cant connect it anymore. I don't think there's a point to continue this, so no need to give in the headache, I'll keep it for parts!

Last edited by Niels Van Son,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: