PS1/2 Trying to buy a PS3

saison

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've decided that I want to get a PS3 for cheap, because my friend got one and it's epicly awesome. But on hand I only have $100 and I plan on getting rid of my softmodded Wii.

My question is do you think it would be a good deal on Craigs list or something to buy a PS3 for $120, softmodded Wii w/flash drive, and 4 games (Zelda:TP, FE:RD, SSBB, and ToS2)?

Also, does anywhere know where cheapest to get one? Whether it be a website or a chained store.

Thanks in advance, I REALLY want one D:

CJL18

Trophies
Website
www.2shared.com
XP
Country
United States
wanting to get a playstation 3 wouldnt have anythhing to do with geohot hacking it would it
rolleyes.gif

saison

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's geohot hacking? Idk what that is, so no. It was mostly the graphics that got me. My bud got Tekken 6 which was pretty tight. And UFC, meh. But overall it has some of my favourite games.

Mostly games from NIS, and having much more DLC than the Wii. Idk why, but DLC really gets me.

And graphics, wow the graphics. He's gonna be getting MW2 soon so I wanna pwn him in that from my house xD

D

Deleted_171835

saison said:
What's geohot hacking? Idk what that is, so no. It was mostly the graphics that got me. My bud got Tekken 6 which was pretty tight. And UFC, meh. But overall it has some of my favourite games.

Mostly games from NIS, and having much more DLC than the Wii. Idk why, but DLC really gets me.

And graphics, wow the graphics. He's gonna be getting MW2 soon so I wanna pwn him in that from my house xD
Look here for the geohot thing...Here!

Coincidentally, I'm also looking for a PS3 at a low price!

saison

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I'll look at it in a moment. It's my bro's B-day today, so I'll check this as much as I can before we have this big dinner.

And now then, can we stay on topic people? Although thanks for informing me, maybe you'll all make me want it even more >

saison

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BUMP

Sorry for the very early bump, but I only seemed to be getting replys on people and hacking their PS3's. Anybody have an answer for me, or can help me out?

Arwen20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I purchased my ps3 from gamestop. Try looking on ebay. I have seen some good deals there. I highly recommend purchasing a ps3, I have had mine since December and it's great! Sadly, my wii has been gathering dust since my ps3 arrived.

DaMummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
for now, only the ps3 fat are confirmed to be "exploitable" so if hacking is your major concern like many others atm, avoid the slim, and get one with older firmware, something perhaps at or below 2.42

saison

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As stated, I'm not looking in terms of hackable or not (exploitable, however you want to word it). I just want to find where I could get it cheapeast, and if my deal would be any good.

Sao Mortel

Trophies
Website
shoptemp.com
XP
Country
Canada
Youll be better off if you just sell your wii get the most you can for it. Then buy a brand new PS3 on sale like 30 bucks off thats the cheapest youll get. I doubt youd get that much of a good deal on a used unit.

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Firstly may I see, if you're planning on getting a PS3 due to the fact it just got hacked take in to sense a few points;
-The exploit could in fact already be patched as it has only been tested on 2.42
-There's no way to run any Homebrew or load burnt games at all yet
-You need a fat to do the hack (Which is also prone to the YLOD)

So you might want to wait a bit as the prices will certainly drop once the hack gets bigger, homebrew and backups are enabled and such, companies will catch on knowing people will be looking for them and drop the prices.

saison

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dood, I already posted earlier that I'm not doing this cuz of some homebrew/exploit thing.

And that's the easiest way to get it? How much would a GameStop buy a used Wii for? Cuz I can sell it online for around $150, plus my games would add on.

saison

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People, enough about the God damned hacking. A console price would never raise, and I guess it could go either way.

Either Sony realizes it can't do anything about piracy and running burnt discs or something, and they just decide to bump up prices of a PS3, or they reduce the price because it's value will be destroyed.

Now, if nobody has anything to say towards the topic, I'm gonna report the reply.

Sorry to sound like a prick, but majority of these posts aren't helpful in the least.

Sao Mortel

Trophies
Website
shoptemp.com
XP
Country
Canada
saison said:
People, enough about the God damned hacking. A console price would never raise, and I guess it could go either way.

Either Sony realizes it can't do anything about piracy and running burnt discs or something, and they just decide to bump up prices of a PS3, or they reduce the price because it's value will be destroyed.

Now, if nobody has anything to say towards the topic, I'm gonna report the reply.

Sorry to sound like a prick, but majority of these posts aren't helpful in the least.

Leave us alone will you. Everyone i welcomed to say whatever they feel here. We are a free board for free minded poeple. You have a hacked wii and want to buy a PSP you can hack.(Thats all I know about you)http://gbatemp.net/index.php?act=findpost&pid=2490267
Just go ask gamestop yourself how much they will give you for your console (I am sure they wont give you what you want). If love is above all then I will add that I love you too.

saison

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, thank-you for the kind words. I wouldn't be so aggravated if I hadn't gone over the fact that I don't want this for the geohot thing more than once.

I just found out about it, and it still doesn't change my mind, I was just wondering if anybody knew a cheaper place to get one cuz I'm scrapped for cash.

If nobody could think of anything, I would take that anyday over silence and posts that had nothing to do with the thread.

And I'm not picking on anyone, so don't make it sound as if I were patronizing anyone.

ysuki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're patient in looking for a decent deal on a new PS3, I would check out Slickdeals. Just search it on google since I have no idea if I'm allowed to link. There's a deal alert feature which can inform you which thread would have those keywords. Target had this $250 clearance price tag on the PS3 2-3 weeks ago. I doubt there's any left since most people probably bought it for resell on craigslist/ebay.
tongue.gif
There's also FatWallet as another forum but I didn't really use it. Up to you which deal forum to use.
smile.gif

As for used, your best bet would be ebay or craigslist. You can try to negotiate if you're getting it through craigslist. I wonder how you're going to verify that the PS3 works and be safe at the same time. There was this incident in Chicago several months ago that people got mugged from buying stuff on Craigslist so I've been very cautious on choosing my deal spots.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT