OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Windows 7 and 8.1- works due fact made for it
Windows 11-works if turn smb 1.0 and .netframework 3.5
recommend useing Windows 11 for microsd management find works best.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know what you think "Truths microsd supports for windows" is supposed to mean, but I don't think anyone else is going to figure it out.

I also don't know why you think .NET 3.5 is supposed to have anything to do with SMB support.

In any case, anyone who needs to transfer files over wifi with a 3DS is much better off using FTPd than microSD Management. Microsoft is making it increasingly difficult to enable SMB 1.0 under Windows 11 because it is an enormously insecure protocol and leaving it enabled on your computer is a major security vulnerability. Running Windows 7 in general these days is probably problematic from a security standpoint.

Reportedly people have been able to use microSD Management with https://www.mucommander.com/ , which would be much safer since it is a separate program from the OS.

(Some people also claim that microSD Management is not reliable and causes data corruption, but that seems like an exaggeration.)

Riot20052

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what you think "Truths microsd supports for windows" is supposed to mean, but I don't think anyone else is going to figure it out.

I also don't know why you think .NET 3.5 is supposed to have anything to do with SMB support.

In any case, anyone who needs to transfer files over wifi with a 3DS is much better off using FTPd than microSD Management. Microsoft is making it increasingly difficult to enable SMB 1.0 under Windows 11 because it is an enormously insecure protocol and leaving it enabled on your computer is a major security vulnerability. Running Windows 7 in general these days is probably problematic from a security standpoint.

Reportedly people have been able to use microSD Management with https://www.mucommander.com/ , which would be much safer since it is a separate program from the OS.

(Some people also claim that microSD Management is not reliable and causes data corruption, but that seems like an exaggeration.)
Smb 1.0 need enable under windows Features turn on or off .netframework 3.5 also need netframework used for older things like microsd management.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: im fucking motivated