Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
aardvarks said:
i dont understand this?
yesterday i modded an old wii with a wiikey, went online and did the update. then install wiikey 1.9 and then did the mario galaxy update. tested the wii with freeloader and Truncha Signer alterd games. all worked fine. so is this a hoax?

Well the fix is there. But currently that system file isn't in use yet. We can surely expect mario kart to change that.

Shinigami Kiba

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
So basically no trucha = no US SSBB backup on PAL Wiis even if freeloader isn't required?
Does this mean we won't be able to play the PAL SSBB backup as well?
I mean I love the game a lot, if I could afford to buy originals I'd buy it no doubt, but what really sucks is that I doubt the save files from the US version are going to be compatible with the PAL version. So When and if I eventually update and get Trucha blocked I'll most likely have to start over on my new PAL SSBB which is going to suck big time.

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Shinigami Kiba said:
So basically no trucha = no US SSBB backup on PAL Wiis even if freeloader isn't required?
Does this mean we won't be able to play the PAL SSBB backup as well?
I mean I love the game a lot, if I could afford to buy originals I'd buy it no doubt, but what really sucks is that I doubt the save files from the US version are going to be compatible with the PAL version. So When and if I eventually update and get Trucha blocked I'll most likely have to start over on my new PAL SSBB which is going to suck big time.
No. You can still use US version, Regionfrii then 15% trick or dual channel remover.
yaynds.gif

mojario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
im running an unmodified ssbb ntsc on my pal wii.. so really that doesn't have anything to do with trucha?

Posts merged

coolbhoo3000 beat me to it
tongue.gif

even without regionfrii it works

Shinigami Kiba

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
That's good to know, cause I got my Wii for SSBB mostly.
Guess I'll just have to settle for 50Hz though cause I can only run the US SSBB in 60Hz if I use Freeloader, if not I have to set my Wii to 50Hz for the game to work.

Rhythmic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just reading about the channel problem, I wonder if this will have any rammifications for those of us with dual channels? I'm stuck with them from SSBB Japan because I didn't like the sound of pulling the plug at 15%, but what if they started to block wii's with out of region channel updates on tehm?

perimbean

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Well, one thing i guess is we wouldn't know when Nintendo will start using the new files/libs.
Maybe when they launch their upcoming games? Interesting discussion.

xJonny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
callmebob said:
According to max-console, wiibrew have admitted this whole deal is fake.

So the free-loader, and trucha are unaffefted (for now).

Code:
http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=26321

Yoo Hoo!!

Where have they said it's fake?

wiifiend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ios37 update is not a fake.. check http://wiibrew.org/index.php?title=IOS37
there was vandalism on the wiki by an anonymous prankster, the vandalism saying it was a april fools joke.
Check the history bushing had to erase the vandalism.

The ios37 update can and will disable trucha/freeloader disk if/when the system menu gets updated to use version ios37. Unless a workaround is found.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Drkirby said:
So, does this mean I will have to wait the extra two weeks for Mario Kart Wii?

it means that when mario kart Wii is out it will 100% garuntee to have a update and the only way we are going to be able to play mario kart wii without updating is to remove the updates like we did with brawl...

xJonny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wiifiend said:
The ios37 update is not a fake.. check http://wiibrew.org/index.php?title=IOS37
there was vandalism on the wiki by an anonymous prankster, the vandalism saying it was a april fools joke.
Check the history bushing had to erase the vandalism.

The ios37 update can and will disable trucha/freeloader disk if/when the system menu gets updated to use version ios37. Unless a workaround is found.

That's what I meant, there is no official message from the team saying "It was a joke" or something of that sort, and since the page has been protected now, the original message still rings true. I would have thought Maxconsole would have checked it since with wikipedias, anyone can edit them (if they aren't protected)

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well. Thanx for pointing me in the right direction.

Yet another case of "It was written in the internet, it must be true!!"

You would think at least max-console would verify before putting it on the front page.

Sorry for sharing the great (wrong) info.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
callmebob said:
Well. Thanx for pointing me in the right direction.

Yet another case of "It was written in the internet, it must be true!!"

You would think at least max-console would verify before putting it on the front page.

Sorry for sharing the great (wrong) info.

Maxconsole won't verify anything. They just post anything and everything as news , unless of course it's something slagging off divineo or promoting a product that they don't sell , then it won't be posted there ever.

blindmessiah

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
I had problems with my internet connection. After I update firmware of my router.
My Wii was back again connected. Asked me about update-sure why not?
smile.gif

I allways checking before info about update but not this time.
After update my Wii was unable to turn OFF(needed to plug out).
Leter on I check my copies all works -even NMH patched to PAL.
But Wii is now working somehow unstable -sometimes freezes, cant turn off.

2cb2ct7

Trophies
XP
Country
jalaneme said:
Drkirby said:
So, does this mean I will have to wait the extra two weeks for Mario Kart Wii?

it means that when mario kart Wii is out it will 100% garuntee to have a update and the only way we are going to be able to play mario kart wii without updating is to remove the updates like we did with brawl...

Mario Kart Wii launches in Japan in roughly 2 weeks... Can anyone from the industry comment on how long the process from final disc pressing to distro, is? If the update is so close why wouldn't they just release it via download?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool: DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)