Hacking Trucha Bug Restorer MOD

nknave

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Dr. Clipper said:
I noticed that neither the IOS249 nor IOS222 installers actually care about the stubs most of the time and install right over the top. Have you tried using TBR to go directly over the top of the stubs?

I've also noticed that, but it seems that only WAD Manager is affected, cIOS Installer by Waninkoko doesn't care what version you have, it'll just install anyways.

Amazing!

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
OK, zektor has informed me that TBR Mod can't overwrite the stub on 249. Installing it to 236 (or assumedly 36) and then running the cIOS38 rev 14 installer and cIOS222/223 v4 installer work without having to delete the stubs.

This means there is no need for ATD nor Wad Manager in the install process. See the IOS249 page in my tutorial for the process.

Edit: Actually, it seems that IOS249 says it installed, but it doesn't work. Looks like ATD is needed after all.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
icpmattj said:
xzxero said:
very nice, youve done it once again.

You gonna work this into your guide or keep the cboot2 method.

This would probly be easier and require less moving the sd card back and forth from the wii to the pc to move files around.
of course, i updated the guide and am upping the file packs as i type.

thanks zektor and dr. clipper for that knowledge, i erased the the stubs steps from my guide thanks to you guys.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course that is a test on ONE Wii console...but it should work for all
smile.gif
I'll probably test it again with another Wii that's sitting in my closet tomorrow. GREAT job on TBR MOD. Works as expected. I was kind of down a few days ago when Wiipower told me that there would never be another version again
smile.gif

Lothlorian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AMAZING work!!

TBR is the best way to mod a virgin Wii thanks to Wiipower. Thanks to to Da_Letter_A for modding this for 4.2. Incredible.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WHOA....hold on a second.

I just did the official Nintendo v4.2 update again (on a clean 4.1U system) and it did NOT remove bootmii in boot2! Could Nintendo have removed their boot2 update code from the update because of all of the issues?

Just double checked....INDEED they did!

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
zektor said:

I just did the official Nintendo v4.2 update again (on a clean 4.1U system) and it did NOT remove bootmii in boot2! Could Nintendo have removed their boot2 update code from the update because of all of the issues?

You sure the newest hackmii installer didn't fix this, If not i guess thats good news

edit: Wait wiibrew says bootmii was unchanged in this version, Good News then

Lothlorian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zektor said:

LOL . They should ask Team Twiizers for their boot2 update code.

They made a stupid move updating boot2 in the first place.

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lothlorian said:
AMAZING work!!

TBR is the best way to mod a virgin Wii thanks to Wiipower. Thanks to to Da_Letter_A for modding this for 4.2. Incredible.
it seems like the scene if getting better and better every day huH?

anyways, time to session on behalf of the new TBR.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlackAce83 said:
zektor said:

You sure the newest hackmii installer didn't fix this, If not i guess thats good news

edit: Wait wiibrew says bootmii was unchanged in this version, Good News then

Maybe it did? I was just surprised to see bootmii come up even after performing the update....odd.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In that case, Nintendo removed the code in the update. Someone should inform TT (if they don't know already). I'm sure they'd get a kick out of that!

At least it gave me the opportunity to create an "out of the box" nand backup:

Updated to v4.2U

Formatted using Wii format option

Let it shut down and immediately created a nand backup
smile.gif

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see. Nevermind...I am pretty tired. The update did not overwrite my boot2 because it was the same version as previously
smile.gif

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
This brings me to Q...

I now have cboot2 (or boot2v4, not sure...?) cause I updated the day 4.2 came out and was wondering if I could get my boot2 back?

My Wii is working so I'll just leave it untouched.

EDIT: Is the new bootmii with 1.0.5 called cboot2 or boot2v4?? I've seen them both being thrown around.

xzxero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zektor said:
I see. Nevermind...I am pretty tired. The update did not overwrite my boot2 because it was the same version as previously
smile.gif
yea i updated to 4.2 when i was already on it and i still had the same theme, so it didnt go through completely.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Strange. I just tested another Wii that had the v0.5 bootmii installed as boot2. I performed the v4.2U official update on this one, and it DID delete bootmii from boot2. I know TT said that nothing changed bootmii wise in the 0.6 update, but what would be the reason for this? I am baffled....

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Wait, when you do a NAND backup, aren't you backing up boot2 as well? Thus, a restore to a clean 4.1 Wii would be installing a previous version of BootMii, right?

Edit: Hmm, given zektor's latest post, I'd say that maybe BootMii restores don't restore the boot2 section of NAND?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o